Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv The SpongeBob SquarePants thread

RainbowBobSquareDash

I never watched Spongebob Squarepants... I think it's annoying and I feel brain cells dying when I see it. Kill me now! Hehehe, just be aware that I don't mind if you like it. I just.. don't get it I guess...

• Brohoof 2

I don't really watch Spongebob anymore, since it's really gone downhill since the first 3 seasons.

Old Spongebob is the best, new Spongebob is crap.

Anyone remember this?

That scene always makes me laugh

I used to love this show, but now it's absolutely terrible.

I stopped watching a good while ago for that very reason.

• Brohoof 1

You should watch lost in bikini bottom & tutor sauce. And also the creator came back to the show :D

I actually tried to watch some recent episodes, and they just didn't do it for me.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not trying to hate on Spongebob here, but It really is terrible nowadays.

For example, they once made an episode where Plankton actually tries to commit SUICIDE. (a.k.a One Coarse Meal)

Another horrible and really bad episode is Face Freeze, which the episode title tells us exactly what it's about: if you make too many faces, your face freezes. Seriously, that's the worst idea for an episode EVER.

Let me just say, that episode was really predictable, and the faces they make are really disgusting. >_>

Like this:

aa9317574acb2a75bf53dc1611262469.jpg

My favorite moment in the entire series.

Like everyone else in this thread, I used to love Spongebob (especially Season 2), but now it's pretty bad. However, Stephen Hillenburg is back and some of the newest episodes with him on board have been pretty entertaining, so I have faith that the show will get better.

• Brohoof 3

MY LEG!!!!!!!!! :fluttershy:

oh- and I had to add these too.

I like the older episodes. I was like 11 when Spongebob first came out

post-24370-0-90074200-1449721002_thumb.png

Also, did anyone else think of Squidward when they first saw this? :lol:

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 2

I know it's been said by so many people, but I need to repeat it - SpongeBob was SO much better when I was kidz.

Don't tell me it's "nostalgia", because I don't really miss or desire to go back to those days.

Just compare an old episode's humor to a new one's humor. In the old episodes, you had to sort of think to get it. Now, it's just lots of the character being entirely dysfunctional and makind stupid sounds and/or faces.

RIP SpongeBob, you'll be missed. Apologies if I'm turning this into an "old SpongeBob vs. new SpongeBob" thread - it is not my intent. Just wanted to point out my opinion. No offense to anyone.

• Brohoof 2

Was a huge fan when I was a kid and still occasionally watch any of the older seasons (1-3 and some of 4) and some episodes in the modern era are funny but they are few and far between

Some of my favorite moments

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sTbc2NeErnU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4lnr8THgL5k

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=POCdbcPxNfc

• Brohoof 1

You should watch lost in bikini bottom & tutor sauce. And also the creator came back to the show :D

I hate that episode.

;)

(See what I did there)?

This was one of my favourite moments.

Long-time sponge fan here, expect sponge.

• Brohoof 2

Meatball. Meatball. Spaghetti underneath. Ravioli. Ravioli. Great Barrier Reef! 

Ravioli. Ravioli give me the formuroli. 

Bless you for this thread. xD Spongebob was one of my favourite shows when I was little. I used to recite all the lines from the episodes to my parents and they'd think I was insane. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANk8xlsp1pQ

Also, does anyone remember the Halloween episode? O:

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg

Edited by PrincessWubsy
  • Brohoof 3