Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ASGARDIANBRONY

To be honest, I'd kind of like for the tree of harmony to also be revealed to function as the tree of disharmony in being a mirror of Pony civilization.

If ponies are evil it will change to reflect whats in their hearts, and if they're good it will change to reflect that as well.

• Brohoof 1

That sounds like a fun and real interesting idea to develop on and see in action. Maybe Twilight could possibly go corrupt by a other, unknown force, use dark magic at her disposal and corrupt the tree in the most dark and macabre ways.

That is an interesting thought, so wouldn't that mean Twilight's Castle would become Disharmonic as well? No doubt Twilight would get those bad thoughts.

As for corruption of Twilight and possibly friends, it'd be the little things first, not helping when needed by a friend, to becoming a fiend that Equestria despises.

That is an interesting thought, so wouldn't that mean Twilight's Castle would become Disharmonic as well? No doubt Twilight would get those bad thoughts.

As for corruption of Twilight and possibly friends, it'd be the little things first, not helping when needed by a friend, to becoming a fiend that Equestria despises.

Plus, they had something similar of twilight slowly slipping into Disharmony in the crystal heart spell book where Cadence gave twilight a necklace without explaining much about it (Serious WTF?! level idiocy there) with her shunning her friends more and more due to her negative emotions being magnified by it. They could always do a similar plotline of twilight being overwhelmed by her responsibilities or a villain acting from behind the scenes to slowly corrupt her.

That sounds like a fun and real interesting idea to develop on and see in action. Maybe Twilight could possibly go corrupt by a other, unknown force, use dark magic at her disposal and corrupt the tree in the most dark and macabre ways.

probably. They've already shown with Midnight sparkle and Sunset satan that the Elements of harmony will turn you into a demonic form if you're consumed with negative thoughts. So there's heavy precedent that if corruption in some form that the EOH can cause bad things to happen, and the castle, being connected to the map and the EOH, might change were twilight to become corrupted due to her connection to it.

If they wanted to do a "nightmare twilight" story having the Castle change in accordance with Twilight's slip into evil would be a very good cinematic event.

Nah. We kind of have a figure for disharmony, and that's Discord. 

People see harmony as the opposite of chaos. But in truth, harmony is the middle ground, between chaos, and order. 

That's what we need. The tree of harmony is the mediator, the middle ground between Discord, and his opposite, some being representing complete & total order, stagnation & permanence, a being who wants things to never ever change, nothing to grow, nothing to be unique. In a way, Starlight Glimmers ideology taken to it's furthest extremes. 

Nah. We kind of have a figure for disharmony, and that's Discord. 

People see harmony as the opposite of chaos. But in truth, harmony is the middle ground, between chaos, and order. 

That's what we need. The tree of harmony is the mediator, the middle ground between Discord, and his opposite, some being representing complete & total order, stagnation & permanence, a being who wants things to never ever change, nothing to grow, nothing to be unique. In a way, Starlight Glimmers ideology taken to it's furthest extremes. 

>anthropomorphic opposite of chaos

hqdefault.jpg

Huh. So Disharmony would technically be 'ordered chaos'. That would prove interesting, if Twilight is corrupted by the EoH or even the EoD, after her tour to the 'dark side' she would start orchestrating events to suit her own needs.

well I have a theory about there being 15 element's but I won't bore you with the details  I'll just show them

generosity-greed
love-hatred,
honesty-deception
loyalty-narcissism
kindness-ignorance
laughter-sorrow
inspiration-apathy
Magic 

(also friendship but that's where my theory get's complicated)

Personally I don't think there evil just more likely to lead to evil deeds (greed isn't evil as it will means you are more likely to have what you need to deal with situations as you don't give things away and hatred isn't necessarily bad either as long as you can aim it at your enemy's you are more likely to fight harder if you truly hate who you fight) all of the opposite elements have good aspects but generally lead to evil as most of them go against your morals in some way.

Edited by Trottermare Galamane

well I have a theory about there being 15 element's but I won't bore you with the details  I'll just show them

generosity-greed

love-hatred,

honesty-deception

loyalty-narcissism

kindness-ignorance

laughter-sorrow

inspiration-apathy

Magic 

(also friendship but that's where my theory get's complicated)

Personally I don't think there evil just more likely to lead to evil deeds (greed isn't evil as it will means you are more likely to have what you need to deal with situations as you don't give things away and hatred isn't necessarily bad either as long as you can aim it at your enemy's you are more likely to fight harder if you truly hate who you fight) all of the opposite elements have good aspects but generally lead to evil as most of them go against your morals in some way.

But Rainbow Dash is one of the most narcissistic ponies out there.

I think Betrayal is a better antithesis to Loyalty myself.
On that note, I think that cruelty is also a better opposite to kindness; Discord even tells Fluttershy that its time for her to be cruel when he discords her and inverts her element.

Anyways, Apathy is more of an anti-thesis to Empathy as well, which is what Sunset in the EQG universe seems to have as her element (based on what the show staff said in tweets and how her giant God mode moment was about her telling twilight that she understood what she was going through, ect., showing empathy).

So here's what I'd do.

Honesty = Deceit/lies

Loyalty = Betrayal

Kindness = cruelty

Laughter = Anger

Generosity = Greed

Empathy = Apathy

Friendship = Pride/arrogance/solitude/ego