Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever seen a very blunt opinion and felt a little hurt about it inside?

That Guy with the CMB

I'm a tough guy, I don't have feelings. 

ac2384953da43356863e92fab5328c94ead53433

Though yes, sometimes when people are talking about beards in a bad way.. Makes me cry on the inside, manly tears of course so it's not the same.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

@, If I were to be honest though, I find blunt opinions about myself sometimes hurtful if they're negative. Though, I've learned to cope with it. You see there will always be people that won't like you for who you are and those are the people you should stay away from it's just that simple. 

• Brohoof 1

Only when people I care about or respect say something harsh to me. Unless it's constructive criticism or a well-worded argument I don't care about a random stranger's opinion at all, because a stupid opinion from a stranger or from the internet is just as significant as the dirt under my shoes.

• Brohoof 1

Well....yes.  Fairly often, to be perfectly honest.  I try really hard not to let things get to me when I know that it's just an opinion of someone else, and it doesn't affect me, but I've always had a problem with worrying too much about what others think.  That part of the reason why I try to be careful about what I say, and how I word opinions.  For example, even if I think something is stupid, like a show or movie or what have you, I'll try not to say that around people I don't know, because it might hurt the feelings of someone who likes it, even if just a tiny bit.  Instead, I might just say I dislike, or even hate, the show or whatever it is.  That's ok.  I can not like something.  That's fine.  But that's different from just outright stating that it's stupid.  Know what I mean?  It's not like I can be perfect, but I just like to try to be thoughtful about things like that when I can.

Quite a few, yes. I've generally learned to take it in stride because you're simply not going to be able to get shining opinions from everyone you meet. I also think it's important for people not to be showered in praise constantly because otherwise they'll invariably get big-headed, and won't try to correct the things that may need some work. A bit of negativity here and there helps us grow as a person.

Doesn't mean some of them can't sting for a little while though. :sunny:

• Brohoof 2

I'm generally a very blunt person so it's never bothered me. I have no problems with somebody being blunt with me, so long as what they say is honest. If they're sincere then I think it's important to take in what the person says about you, even if it makes you feel uncomfortable. If I disagree with it, so be it, but being blunt and honest means I know about someone's issues without the hassle of uncertainties.
Honesty is more important than being nice. A lie or sugarcoat might make someone feel better in that moment, but it's only a temporary thing and won't hold up to someone hearing the direct truth and being able to do something about it.

• Brohoof 1

I'm considering being blunt less often, but it gets annoying making a thousand arguments and none of them sticking in the debate section so I lose my patience sometimes. I'm reevaluating losing patience as it seems to be a poor decision.

I tend to be very blunt myself so I don't usually mind if someone is so with me. In fact, I prefer when people are blunt because I hate it when people say one thing when they mean another.

• Brohoof 1

Well the obvious ones, getting called out on something just because you watch something, play something or be part of a Fandom.

And people calling things ugly and stupid, just because it has said thing in it...like Ponys.

These kinda Opinions...are just stupid.

They dont exactly hurt me that much now, but a little earlier some of this comments really got me.  :(

Maybe because of my experience with that sort of thing in school, years back.

• Brohoof 1

I enjoy blunt opinions and statements of fact, even when they are negative and about me. I can't stand having to translate what a person means because they refuse to say something directly. As for criticism, if it's something I can learn and improve from, great, and if the person is just being an @$$, then it doesn't matter. I have better things to do than waste my time being upset and offended. Honestly, I prefer criticism to compliments. I can learn from criticism, and compliments just weird me out and tell me nothing useful.

• Brohoof 1

I sometimes become irritated at such opinions, but I normally don't say anything unless I really feel like I should.

• 4 years later...

Yeah I have moments when I said something and it came out wrong or stupid. But it doesn’t hurt me much as it does to the  person I said it to.

(edited)

I can’t think of anything that someone could say to me that would offend me. Someone wants to be blunt with me then fine.  I usually just assume they’re right then continue on not caring.  

Edited by AppleButt

Ive been told im bad with money. That opinion was blunt and hurt my feelings because people who give their opinions on you never know the full story of things and usually dont want to hear it once theyve made up their minds. I just keep calm and flutter on.

When I receive blunt opinions I just tend to make a joke about it or laugh it off and most of the time I’m not bothered by it, but then there’s the occasion here and there where it can really hurt my feelings but I don’t show it. I suck at showing emotion in general so no problem haha.