Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A spin-off could be good for the show

Limeblossom

Well, how to begin.....

S5 ended with a reformed villain (as far as I'm aware of). Now that the crew is producing S6, maybe a spin-off could help the brand.

The Cutie Map introduced us to 4 new ponies who saved the mane 6's Cutie Marks and defeated Starlight Glimmer (sort of). Starting their new friendship. Maybe Hasbro could make a season about them traveling through Equestria and locating new places that where not seen in the main series. Maybe they also take a companion with them like Spike.... but hopefully the new one won't be degraded to a  (poor Spike, I still like you).

And if they would make a spin-off, I hope this time that Hasbro will hire some full-time writers. 2 or 3 writers who do their best to make the episodes and characters good. Hasbro knowing they would also hire some freelance writers, but rather one freelancer at a time.

I know they're telling that hiring a freelancer could help to give the rest some new ideas. I'm just afraid that they would hire someone who writes the ponies out of their character or creates plots that goes against moral about special talents, which also goes for full-time writers. Bad writing could led to a risk of upsetting the audience.

So... do you want to see a spin-off?

• Brohoof 2

I think I heard once that Lauren Faust wanted the CMC to be given a spin-off for pre-schoolers (although she's long since abandoned this show so that's most likely never gonna happen). Hasbro would probably only do a spin-off that's not Equestria girls if they create a new line. And any pony line would probably be part of my little pony as it would be kinda confusing to potential consumers as there would two shows with two different names (plus there is the issue of when to air it). 

• Brohoof 3

Eh....I am not so sure about it myself. While the new bunch of characters could definitely hold their own in a spin off, I feel like it could lose some focus. It could be good for expanding on some of the lore, but then it would not feel like a spin-off and more like an extension of the main show.

I think I heard once that Lauren Faust wanted the CMC to be given a spin-off for pre-schoolers (although she's long since abandoned this show so that's most likely never gonna happen)

I am so, so, SO happy that did not come to fruition. That sounds terrible. 

• Brohoof 3

It's always a question of the money.

Drawing a whole new series is always costing lots of money and it's always a question of the guys at Hasbro who say "do we need this?"

The MLP Brand is doing well as it is and risking more money for a spinoff series about characters, that little children might not be interested in, might not be such a good idea.

Would i still like to see this show? You damn right i would. But at the same time, we must look at it realistically.

• Brohoof 1

Eh....I am not so sure about it myself. While the new bunch of characters could definitely hold their own in a spin off, I feel like it could lose some focus. It could be good for expanding on some of the lore, but then it would not feel like a spin-off and more like an extension of the main show.

I am so, so, SO happy that did not come to fruition. That sounds terrible. 

Faust's idea, if I remember rightly, was that preschoolers could learn how to do different things via the CMC spinoff. Doesn't necessarily sound too bad... Does it?

No.... just no..... Don't give the little distractions more attention.

Take it you're not fond of the CMC, then. Actually, from the thing I saw, apparently Hasbro persuaded her to put them in the main series first... So I guess we weren't originally going to have all these main series CMC episodes?

Where *did* I see this, anyhow? Derpibooru pics of Word of Faust? Don't feel like digging through all those... Those really need to be tagged better.

Edited by Daring_Do

Take it you're not fond of the CMC, then. Actually, from the thing I saw, apparently Hasbro persuaded her to put them in the main series first... So I guess we weren't originally going to have all these main series CMC episodes?

Why the Hell did Hasbro do that?

Better give more love to Spike.

Adn yes, I'm not in fond of the CMC.

Edited by Limeblossom

Well I would enjoy seeing an Equestria Girls spin off series or heck even a mini series.

I don't think anything else would be good.  The show has past one hundred episodes and by the end of season 6 it will have aired 143 episodes.  That is a crazy amount of episodes.  Giving the show a spin off series featuring those characters would be overkill and have the MLP FIM franchise be over saturated.

• Brohoof 1

I would love to see a spin off that is still in the FiM universe. After all, are focus for the past 5 seasons has been the mane 6. Their are thousands of other ponies we could see the lives in. I don't know about the traveling thing, its expensive to animate new places, mucho dinero. Sooo, maybe if they stayed in a town we didn't know about and focused their it could work. But traveling all the time is expensive. Heck, we only now have the show to be part adventure because of the expensivness of ponies traveling .

• Brohoof 1

I would love to see a spin off that is still in the FiM universe. After all, are focus for the past 5 seasons has been the mane 6. Their are thousands of other ponies we could see the lives in. I don't know about the traveling thing, its expensive to animate new places, mucho dinero. Sooo, maybe if they stayed in a town we didn't know about and focused their it could work. But traveling all the time is expensive. Heck, we only now have the show to be part adventure because of the expensivness of ponies traveling .

Me too Firedog, If I were a producer, I would create an CMC spinoff by ignoring the events of the COTLM episode!!! But with Button Mash too!

• Brohoof 1

I think it would be cool to see a spin off about Twilight's old friends in Canterlot. Since Amending Fences, I've been wanting to see more of those characters. I doubt there would be an actual spin off series, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them again in a future episode.

Not sure how long the writers will be interesting to me. I mean they merely inherited Lauren Faust's vision, they're not Lauren Faust. Eventually the creativity will fall off and just feel like a repeat of the same thing.

CMC spinoff by ignoring the events of the COTLM episode!!! But with Button Mash too!

I wish to see Button's Adventures back.

I don't know about the traveling thing, its expensive to animate new places, mucho dinero. Sooo, maybe if they stayed in a town we didn't know about and focused their it could work. But traveling all the time is expensive. Heck, we only now have the show to be part adventure because of the expensivness of ponies traveling .

So... keeping them in their unnamed town? I think it must probably be expanded to keep it interesting.

I wish to see Button's Adventures back.

So... keeping them in their unnamed town? I think it must probably be expanded to keep it interesting.

No, I mean primarily in their hometown, not traveling every episode. Like FiM has done, keeping mostly to ponyville. Some shows change towns every episode and travel around the world. I was saying thats too expensive too do for this show.

I don't really think a spinoff is really necessary at the moment. An Equestria Girls show might work though, but it might lose focus on FiM which is seems to be not ready to lay down yet

A spin-off series for more Equestria World building that can take place in the past a few centuries before FIM. Story could be a charismatic pony who leads a group of ragtag characters includes some non-pony ones like a Griffin, Minotaur, etc. They just do sorts of adventures and Princess Celestia makes some appearances in the show.