Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Could Hasbro revive old toylines and be successful?

ManaMinori

Specifically "moon Dreamers", and "Fairy Tails", and giving them both animated series with a successful template taken from Mlp's G4, to ride on the coattails of FiM, until the old toylines with new oats of paint and design, with fresh animated series can stand on their own? Canyou see Hasbro doing this?

Moon Dreamers:http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Moon_Dreamers

Moon Dreamers had a short running series in the 80's, and its fiction is as followed: Little children know a wonderful secret: the universe is divided into three parts – Starry Up, Monstrous Middle and Down (the place we call Earth)! The Moondreamers live high above us in Starry Up. Besides making the stars shine and the moon glow, they send us happy dreams full of fun and adventure. In the center if Starry Up is Dream Central, home of the Moondreamers and the amazing Dream Machine. With the help of the Dream machine and imaginationcombination (the stuff dreams are made of), the Moondreamers fill magic crystals with special dreams and send them to sleepy children on Earth. A dream will come true when the contents of a dream crystal match a child’s secret wish.

But, between Earth and Starry Up is monstrous Middle, where Evil Scowlene lives. Deep in the Castle of Insomnia, Evil Scowlene grumbles and growls because she’s never slept a wink in her life. She wants to steal the amazing imaginatiomcombination and destroy Starry Up so that everyone will be as cranky as she is! She and her nasty helpers, the Sleep Creeps, replace dream crystals with nightmares to wake up sleeping children. But the Moondreamers’ little helpers – the Snoozers – come to the rescue by sliding to Earth on a moonbeam and soothing the children back to sleep, where happy dreams await!

Fairy Tails:http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Fairy_Tails

Faiy Tails fiction is limited to the toys' backcard stories and the few commercials produced for the line. According to the commercials, the Fairy Tails were once normal birds who got their luxurious tails and head plumes from a fairy

Can you pitch a sypnoses for a potential pilot episode around one of these toylines?

Edited by Nightmare Muffin
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I for one, would watch a Fairy Tails show.  I have a few of the old toys and think they are so pretty.

"According to the commercials, the Fairy Tails were once normal birds who got their luxurious tails and head plumes from a fairy"  That's an interesting concept to start with.  

I see a lot of potential in fairy tail like to have a show and toy line inspired by G4 MLP but with bird/fairy like characters sounds like a lot of fun, but will Hasbro take that kind of risk probably not.

Well, I for one, would watch a Fairy Tails show.  I have a few of the old toys and think they are so pretty.

"According to the commercials, the Fairy Tails were once normal birds who got their luxurious tails and head plumes from a fairy"  That's an interesting concept to start with.

kudos on having kept the toys! They look so pudgy, haha. I think they're cute, but in dire need of an updated redesign, if ever Hasbro decides to pitch a series off them.

The concept is an interesting one, true. What sort of villain could you see for the fairy tails, in a pilot? Another fairy? A corrupted fairy tail who allowed vanity from the fairy's gift to turn him/ her?

Possibly.  But nowhere as near successful as MLP FIM is.

perhaps it might

You never know. All depends on who they get to do reboots and who's got enough experience and past success in other media to hit the nail on the head again.

I have been seeing G1 my little pony merch that hasbro has re-released recently, but I don't think moon dreamers would do well because they was not that popular 30 years ago when they ran next to G1 my little pony, they was more like a side show to the main G1 if i remember and they had a pretty short run

Fairy Tails:http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Fairy_Tails

Faiy Tails fiction is limited to the toys' backcard stories and the few commercials produced for the line. According to the commercials, the Fairy Tails were once normal birds who got their luxurious tails and head plumes from a fairy

OOOH MY GOSH!

How come I've never seen them before?! It's a shame Hasbro toys were not available in my country back when I was a kid! I would have loved these little birdies!

But back to the topic... Of course they could be successful! Why the hell not? :D They may need some revamping, but there's a lot of potential in both the Fairy Tails and the Moon Dreamers!

• 2 weeks later...

I can't see it happening. These seem like old, unsuccessful and forgotten franchises. It's not like MLP or Transformers that span multiple generations, or hell even something like Kid Icarus that was a small game or two that still managed to get a huge following. It seems like they were there for a moment but never flew off the ground