Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Are you an introvert, ambivert or an extrovert?

Member Berry

What are you?  

93 users have voted

1. 1. What are you?

• Introvert
    • Extrovert
    • Ambivert

I'm an ambivert actually  Pzrx0x9.png

Despite being shy, if the group of friends that I'm not awkward with suddenly have a sudden silence I would try and fill the silence with me talking until its like talking back again, and I would just like to hear people talk despite me being silent.

Ambrivert for sure

I can totally talk to ANYONE if need too, but i prefer to keep to myself, i don't feel many people want to talk to me, or want to deal with me unless they need something from me

Introversion and Extroversion do not necessarily mean shy or outgoing in and of themselves.  They mean how your brain thinks.  Do you find yourself "inside your head" a lot, or do you find yourself talking with others naturally out of instinct without much effort?  That's what it boils down to.  (I don't know if I believe in ambiversion.  It's not the same kind of capacity as handed-ness, like being right or left handed, or ambidextrous.)

I'm not that simple, however.  

I am an introvert because I prefer a lot of alone time and being away from others.  I am always finding myself "inside my head" if you can understand what that means.  However, I have ADHD... so sometimes I can get a little wild and hyper around friends, making me seem like like an extrovert.  

But, I am typically quite shy around new people...

And one more thing... if two (or more) friends from different "friend groups" of mine are with me, I kind of have problems with not knowing how to act.  I tend to act differently around different people - and I swear it's not fake at all, it's learned, and true.  But yeah anyway, it can be awkward for me and then I end up acting differently from what either of them are used to seeing.  

~ Miles

Edit:

TL;DR, I'm a sometimes hyper introvert.

Edited by Miles

• 2 weeks later...

Introvert through and through. I wouldn't come out of my room if responsibilities such as school didn't force me to. I have a hard time being around and understanding people, so I prefer to stay to myself aside from a few friends/classmates whose company I enjoy and I'm actually pretty energetic around. 

Heh, I chose to pursue a career in computers partly because I dislike working with people.

All jokes aside, I'm an introvert. I prefer smaller crowds and quiet outings.

Edited by Tarnish

Introvert all the way. Not that I'm particularly shy or unfriendly, in fact most seem to find me very approachable, but there are times (particularly at parties) where I can be overtaxed and I need to isolate myself and "recharge."

Apart from socially, I'm also very introspective and self-searching. Most of my mental energy is spent on pondering my own thoughts and feelings.

I'm an ambivert ^^ I do gain energy from interacting with people, but I have a cap point when interaction becomes draining to me. At that point, I prefer to isolate myself and I gain energy from being alone until -- likewise -- being alone becomes draining and lonely. So it's a cycle of extroversion and introversion :)

I like hanging out with a small group of friends at times, but I like being alone more. The only thing I like better than being alone is being with my girlfriend. Whenever she goes to a party with friends, I tend to stay at home because I don't like the atmosphere at most parties. I have no interest in the people, don't drink, and the music's usually bad.

Despite all this, I'm not incapable of being social. I merely prefer not to be most of the time.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I guess I would consider myself an ambivert. Sometimes I'm introverted and sometimes I'm extroverted, it depends on the situation.

Edited by Kn1ght

Oh god, all the introverts in this thread calling themselves ambiverts because they don't want to be classed as socially awkward/weird (or just socially anxious). You either like to spend time with others, or just by yourself. Everybody in this thread can say "I like to be alone, but also sometimes spend time with friends." And then we all call each other ambiverts, not having clear, distinct results.

Introvert for me.

I think ambivert is a thing. This is quite interesting:

I'm definitely an extrovert. I really crave attention, so that's why I'm here really often. Trying to make friends all the time. Also a reason why I care so much about my friends, because I can't bear the thought of them leaving me. :catface:

Edited by CinnamonPop

• 2 years later...

I'm an ambivert, I guess. I love socializing and being around people, but I also enjoy spending a little time on my own every now and then. And when meeting new people irl,  I can sometimes come off as being shy and quiet at first, almost like I don't wanna talk, but deep down I really REALLY wanna get to know you and be friends. And once you do get to know me I'm super hyper and outgoing. I love going out and being around lots of people, sometimes even crowds, yet at the same time I hate having neighbors and would rather live far from the city....

Edited by Lucky Bolt

• 1 year later...