Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Zombie Discussion Thread

BizzarePony

So would I. If it was a zombie/zombies not infected by small, parasitic, easily-grouped, evil, swarming little bugs, I'd fight till the death. Paralyzing fears is something you don't want to have during combat, period. Henceforth the suicide comment. (This is also a reason why don't play Halo 3 as often as I should).

I know I seem like one of those people who would be like "I"M NOT SCARED"

I know I would be.

But I already have a plan, know how to use my weapons, and i will survive for as long as I can.

But is NATURAL to be afraid of flesh eating monsters (fast, slow, stupid, smart, doesn't matter). Not natural for bugs IMO.

Actually, fear of bugs is pretty common.

And they are not monsters. They are just humans who have been infected. Which makes them harder to kill, as they still have the hardness of their skulls.

Well worded post and good survival strategy!

However I do like to see some sort of scientific explanation for zombies but like you said when pinned down by a thousand of them does science even matter! (well unless you were making a cure or zombie pesticide!)

Thanks. ^_^

Honestly, I think that where zombies are concerned, science only gets in the way. To quote Project Zomboid,

"Here we’re telling the story of your death, not your triumphant survival against all odds."

Who needs science or explanations when that's the case?

Speaking of Project Zomboid, anyone else following it?

Edited by Zoop

Thanks. ^_^

Honestly, I think that where zombies are concerned, science only gets in the way. To quote Project Zomboid,

"Here we’re telling the story of your death, not your triumphant survival against all odds."

I want the game.

NOW.

personally, I'd use makeshift flamers and molotovs , and (literally) go out in a blaze of glory. I mean, whats better against a pile of possibly living, possibly dead flesh?

Btw, whats project zomboid?

Ok, honestly, almost no one can actually make a Molotov.

Plus, do you realise how hard it would be to kill a walkign dead person with fire when that does not kill them, and they would keep coming at you?

Thanks. ^_^

Okay this is fine assuming EVERYONE dies! Which is not a bad ending to a zombie story. I do find interesting are people's attempts to try to fix problems with science. If we're speaking of Great Scientist Man tries to cure zombie plague but ironically dies of the plague he tries to cure science would be very relevant until the last few moments when he's being eaten alive.

HOWEVER, if we're speaking Layman and Cohorts versus the Zombie Horde than science is rendered irrelevant when survival takes over.

I will make sure to check out that link here soon.

Okay this is fine assuming EVERYONE dies! Which is not a bad ending to a zombie story. I do find interesting are people's attempts to try to fix problems with science. If we're speaking of Great Scientist Man tries to cure zombie plague but ironically dies of the plague he tries to cure science would be very relevant until the last few moments when he's being eaten alive.

HOWEVER, if we're speaking Layman and Cohorts versus the Zombie Horde than science is rendered irrelevant when survival takes over.

I will make sure to check out that link here soon.

Well honestly, I do not like scientists very much.

Playing god is one thing, it is just PLAYING.

but when you fuck with reality and make something deadly, which HAS happened, it is where you must question what they are really doing in the labs.

So what's the best gun to have during a zombie apocalypse?

Just NO.

Guns run out of ammo.

Swords and stuff may break, but you can trust them to last.

Blunt weapons are your best bet.

Btw, whats project zomboid?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP-1IELr6cY

Indie zombie survival RPG/simulation. Still pre alpha, but it's coming along.

Edited by Zoop

still flamers, i'm afraid. Not for the killing, thats what pipes and crowbars were invented for. Flamers are for crowds of zombies.

Thanks for the video, looks great!

Edited by ManiacBurner

how so? xD

Imagine you try to shoot a zombie that is infront of you, you have no ammo. How the heck will you use a baton to keep that zombie back?

still flamers, i'm afraid. Not for the killing, thats what pipes and crowbars were invented for. Flamers are for crowds of zombies.

Yes, but their flesh does not evaporate into thin air when you burn it. It will burn for a while, and catch everything in it's way on fire.

Imagine you try to shoot a zombie that is infront of you, you have no ammo. How the heck will you use a baton to keep that zombie back?

Yes, but their flesh does not evaporate into thin air when you burn it. It will burn for a while, and catch everything in it's way on fire.

I said bayonet...not baton

A bayonet is a knife or small sword attached to the barrel of a gun.

I said bayonet...not baton

A bayonet is a knife or small sword attached to the barrel of a gun.

Misread-

Even still, even though I misread it, my saying still stands.

How is a small knife/small sword going to help you?

You take out the head, not anywhere else.

And a small blade would just get you stuck in the skull.

My rule for fighting zombies: Make sure you have a bullet left to kill yourself when you get overrun/ have no ammo left except the bullet left to kill yourself. Having zombies ripping into your stomach/skull is a very painful way to die.