Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Zombie Discussion Thread

BizzarePony

HEAD!!!! How do you the Mane 6 would react in a zombie apcolypse?

Well I'm assuming you mean a zombie apocalypse in Equestria...

My guess is that since they have magic that runs on their own body energy Unicorns could easily protect themselves.

Pegasuses (or Pegasi?) can fly which gives them a huge advantage as well, but this means that there will be FLYING ZOMBIE PONIES! MY GOD! :o

Earth Ponies will have it rough though having nothing more than perhaps a harder work ethic!

As for the Mane 6 and how they fare I'll have to ask you for this stipulation, do Zombie Unicorns have the ability to use magic?

Magic (I'm guessing) comes from within the Horn of the Unicorn and therefore a natural part of their body so a zombie could use it, but you asked the question so I'll let you decide that.

As for the Mane 6 and how they fare I'll have to ask you for this stipulation, do Zombie Unicorns have the ability to use magic?

Magic (I'm guessing) comes from within the Horn of the Unicorn and therefore a natural part of their body so a zombie could use it, but you asked the question so I'll let you decide that.

Unicorn zombies probably wouldn't be able to use magic xD

It requires too much concentration, it's like trying to force a human zombie to do math :P

HEAD!!!! How do you the Mane 6 would react in a zombie apcolypse?

So you wanted an answer...

http://mlpforums.com/topic/1516-re-how-do-you-think-the-mane-6-would-react-in-a-zombie-apocalypse-a-very-detailed-analysis-and-narritive/

Surprise I gave you an answer in the form of a Short Story Analysis Narrative FanFic! B)

It's WAY TOO LONG to post here so I gave it it's own Fan Fic thread! Hope Ponies who don't mind a little reading enjoy it!

So your sanity can thank me for a reply of this MASSIVE PROPORTIONS! :o

Warning though the irony of Ponies being added to my style of Zombie Narrative can be a bit disturbing!

I prefer not to talk about zombies ponies, because that would be too messed up.

I support the parasite zombie hypothesizes.

Best bet in a zombie apocalypse is probably anything gun silenced, obvious why.

For melee weapons, I would choose combat knife for survival reasons, and as other ponies said before, blunt is the best way to go.

Depending on the season, most zombies couldn't survive int he Summer due to enzyme dis-figuration, while in the winter more of the flesh is preserved.

I also believe that zombies would move as fast as normal people, unless there were any physical impairments on the original corpse.

Army... Screw the army, they would kill everyone who would seem like a zombie, unless the army was somewhat sympathetic

'twas a good work, to be sure. I am a big fan of over analysis. I would like to do one myself, when I get the time.

Anyways, my weapon of choice? Katana. As far as weapons go, it is the best choice for attacking unarmored foes. I saw it being tested on Deadliest Warrior, and it was able to slice through TWO AND A HALF PIGS. That's a weapon with some killing force.

'twas a good work, to be sure. I am a big fan of over analysis. I would like to do one myself, when I get the time.

Anyways, my weapon of choice? Katana. As far as weapons go, it is the best choice for attacking unarmored foes. I saw it being tested on Deadliest Warrior, and it was able to slice through TWO AND A HALF PIGS. That's a weapon with some killing force.

Thank you thought I'm probably sure I'm not doing anymore Pony Zombie Crossovers anytime soon...

...it's just too weird!

Normally I'd have no problem killing of characters, but the Ponies are more than just characters... they're icons!

Also I wouldn't say no to the Katana. Some experts would say no to it because it take years of training to be able to use it properly, but like you said TWO AND A HALF PIGS! Even if its your first time using it some zombies gettin messed up!

Katana

sorry, but... I gotta side with Cracked.com on this.

http://www.cracked.c...-you-killed_p2/

#2. Katana

Why it's awesome:

A lone hero wields the noble samurai blade against mindless hordes, though if you're the sort of person who says, "noble samurai blade" you'd probably refer to them as sheeple. Be warned that the zombie apocalypse will destroy all your wall scrolls.

Getty

Pajamas, sword, I don't see what else I could need!

Swords are cool because all guns are starting pistols for the "Chase the human" zombie marathon. And katana are the coolest swords. Light, fast and ridiculously sharp, the only problem is how the hordes won't give you time to pose dramatically and whisper haiku after each killing stroke. But you'll know that they're dramatically falling slowly in half several seconds after you sprint into the sunset.

You're now a zombie because:

The only monsters less worried about cuts than zombies are zombie lumberjacks. You might as well insult one as slash it. Sure, there's decapitation, but if you can cut through 50 spinal columns in a row then stop showing off, Superman, and enjoy the one time you're actually allowed to burn people with your eyes.

The katana is single edged, so it sucks in a crowd compared to proper swords. It's designed for quick draw because that's how samurai won every argument up to and including "most overly romanticized group of poverty-stricken servants who slept with little boys." Quick draw is the one fighting skill you don't need against zombies. With a decent pair of binoculars you have time to dig a moat against the buggers.

commons.wikimedia.org

Or use a Suzuki Katana to get the hell out of there.

Katana are also higher maintenance and less useful in survival situations than a Hilton. Real ones need to be polished, powdered and gently sung to in perfect Japanese or they'll rust into flakes, and are ridiculously easy to chip and notch. In the extremely unlikely event of surviving your first zombie crowd you'll be left holding a handle and a foot of what looks like crinkled tin-foil. And it's useless for everything else. Adventuring through the ruins of mankind, you'll need to be able to rip open doors and steal mankind's stuff. Trying to lever open a wooden door with your katana ends with your sword losing a fight against dead tree, never mind dead humans.

When you have to fantasize about the end of society for it to be useful, and still be wrong, you'd be better off using your life-size catgirl pillow as a weapon. At least that'll reactivate the buried instincts of female zombies to move away from you and reduce the horde by 50 percent.

Read more: 7 Famous Zombie Movie Weapons (That Would Get You Killed) | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.c.../#ixzz1eOvuwoJX

Edit: BBCode failure in spoiler.

Edited by Zoop

sorry, but... I gotta side with Cracked.com on this.

http://www.cracked.c...-you-killed_p2/

#2. Katana

Why it's awesome:

A lone hero wields the noble samurai blade against mindless hordes, though if you're the sort of person who says, "noble samurai blade" you'd probably refer to them as sheeple. Be warned that the zombie apocalypse will destroy all your wall scrolls.

Getty

Pajamas, sword, I don't see what else I could need!

Swords are cool because all guns are starting pistols for the "Chase the human" zombie marathon. And katana are the coolest swords. Light, fast and ridiculously sharp, the only problem is how the hordes won't give you time to pose dramatically and whisper haiku after each killing stroke. But you'll know that they're dramatically falling slowly in half several seconds after you sprint into the sunset.

You're now a zombie because:

The only monsters less worried about cuts than zombies are zombie lumberjacks. You might as well insult one as slash it. Sure, there's decapitation, but if you can cut through 50 spinal columns in a row then stop showing off, Superman, and enjoy the one time you're actually allowed to burn people with your eyes.

The katana is single edged, so it sucks in a crowd compared to proper swords. It's designed for quick draw because that's how samurai won every argument up to and including "most overly romanticized group of poverty-stricken servants who slept with little boys." Quick draw is the one fighting skill you don't need against zombies. With a decent pair of binoculars you have time to dig a moat against the buggers.

commons.wikimedia.org

Or use a Suzuki Katana to get the hell out of there.

Katana are also higher maintenance and less useful in survival situations than a Hilton. Real ones need to be polished, powdered and gently sung to in perfect Japanese or they'll rust into flakes, and are ridiculously easy to chip and notch. In the extremely unlikely event of surviving your first zombie crowd you'll be left holding a handle and a foot of what looks like crinkled tin-foil. And it's useless for everything else. Adventuring through the ruins of mankind, you'll need to be able to rip open doors and steal mankind's stuff. Trying to lever open a wooden door with your katana ends with your sword losing a fight against dead tree, never mind dead humans.

When you have to fantasize about the end of society for it to be useful, and still be wrong, you'd be better off using your life-size catgirl pillow as a weapon. At least that'll reactivate the buried instincts of female zombies to move away from you and reduce the horde by 50 percent.

Read more: 7 Famous Zombie Movie Weapons (That Would Get You Killed) | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.c.../#ixzz1eOvuwoJX

Edit: BBCode failure in spoiler.

I read this one actually! And yes I know what they're saying, but I'm not saying it's my weapon of choice. In a zombie survival environment you'll use what ever you come by. The key to survival is knowing which ones to pick up.

If I were to somehow come across an actual Katana I'll at least pick it up and slash something with it because who doesn't want to slash something with a Katana? Smart weapon for zombies not really, but hell if I'm gunna die at least I'll die with people saying "He saved out lives by fighting a hundred zombies with a katana!" "He was certainly a badass dude!" :D

Perfect weapon would be the ability to starve all of the zombies to death. Or possibly an A10 Warthog. I'm being a bit more likely though. Most likely, in fact, would be a baseball bat, because that seems to work really well in The Walking Dead.

A chainsaw is no good if there is blood-borne infection involved because it's too messy. A regular saw is too slow. Is the zombie going to stand there and wait while you slowly saw them?

It is possible that the term "zombie" isn't totally appropriate for them, but I think the most realistic zombies are the living type (parasite/virus or mind control) like in 28 Days Later. I have nothing against the supernatural zombies though and I think some of the best zombie movies/books are ones where they don't actually explain the cause. Although some of the other non-undead types are good too, like Cell.

Actually, no you don't. The tinyiest bug that gets into your brain can completly destroy you.

That's true, there are some nasty bugs out there (both the infection/virus type and the parasitic type.)

There's a parasite that cats can carry, which causes an infection called Toxoplasmosis (it's the reason why pregnant women aren't supposed to clean litterboxes.)

The parasite is transferred to cats from rats and mice when a cat eats the infected rodent. This parasite can only reproduce when in a cat host, and it can alter the behavior of the rats/mice in order to get there: when rats/mice have the parasite they lose their fear of cats and are actually attracted to cat urine...

Toxoplasmosis has also been found to potentially trigger schizophrenia and other mental disorders in people. So yes, a parasite can actually alter their behavior. It also might explain some of those "crazy cat ladies" (maybe they weren't "crazy" before the cats came along...)

Edited by Neko-Chan

Perfect weapon would be the ability to starve all of the zombies to death. Or possibly an A10 Warthog. I'm being a bit more likely though. Most likely, in fact, would be a baseball bat, because that seems to work really well in The Walking Dead.

Walking dead may be very accurate, but a Bat is not always your best bet.

Have you ever used a bat to hit a ball?

The bat will shake.

So your hands will become numb, and it wrill be harder to carry.

So you would need gloves.

I hate regular zombies depicted with super-strength, I much prefer normal zombies remaining with their human limitations (unless they have some different mutation).

Well actually, zombies would have great strength.

Basiacly, say if you were going to grab someone now.

There are neurons in your brain that make you stop squeezing if it hurt your hand.

Zombies do not have that function, so they could literaly squeeze until their hands broke.

Damn Finest, you know what you're talking about.

I didn't realize that xD

As I said, zombies are what I love.

Another question-

What would you do the exact moment you find out their is a zombie invasion.

And please be logical.