Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Zombie Discussion Thread

BizzarePony

Is the Walking Dead a good show?

Yes... It tends to stray drastically far away from the comic book, but it's probably my favorite TV show!

(I don't get channels like HUB and BBC though :()

The show can be very gruesome so I warn everyone who is squeamish to watch but be prepared for some real blood and guts!

Does the Flood from Halo count as zombies...like the infected human forms?

I don't know. The hive mind thing kind of kills it for me, to me zombies (regardless of how much of their humanity remains) are a disorganized lot incapable of thought or reason.

Does the Flood from Halo count as zombies...like the infected human forms?

Some people tend to count them as "zombies" although when I play a game like Halo I don't think "zombies".

Halo deals with Sci-Fi, specifically alien invasion so I write off the Flood as Aliens.

When I think "zombie" I think horror genre, not science fiction. Though the 2 genres often intertwine for my sanity I like to separate them! Therefore Zombies cannot be in Sci-Fi, Aliens cannot be in horror! Dead Space is another common example that people would say it's a horror game, but I say it's a Sci-Fi game because when I think horror game I think Resident Evil or better yet Amnesia!

So I say no. Flood aren't Zombies, they're Aliens, very ugly Aliens! I prefer my food not to touch each other on the plate! (Hope you understand that metaphor)

any would work... as long as it ain't one of them chinese zombies... you seen how fast those things go...

they are the easiest because they would stop to pick up the money in the street

I said nothing, you have no proof...fast zombies are best, what's the fun of killing zombies that are of little threat?

Edited by Lady Rarity Pony

And then I ruined the thread for everypony.

http://www.cracked.c...il-quickly.html

I've already read it. And yes a Zombie Apocalypse is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE!

Then again we don't watch movies about werewolves and vampires (not Twilight of course) because we fear that they're real! It is interesting to see things that just cannot happen in the real world!

I was actually thinking of posting that link for anypony who was interested, but then again we all know the Zombie Apocalypse isn't real!

Still if you like zombies (since you clicked this thread chances are that you do) I'd recommend reading it. It's a good read.

• 3 weeks later...

Sooo.... this is Sony's "Big" announcement (and then all who believed the Title Fight rumor were deeply upset).

According to Sony "An announcement you won't believe!" is another zombie game. Like Dead Island the first trailer is completely Pre-Baked Cinematic Bullshit! Also like Dead Island it looks like it has a focus on blunt weapons and survival.

Unfortunately being, "Like Dead Island" is a terrible thing for a zombie game. (Dead Island IMO in extremely repetitive and it's zombie survival logic makes zero sense).

This game's only hope is that it is made by Naughty Dog, the once great Developer of the Crash Bandicoot Series, now Developer of the Uncharted Series which is... alright, it's exiting and whatnot, but it's more of a movie or a sightseeing tour than a game, trailers killed it.

Guess we've gotta wait to see more to see how this Zombie game wants to be different from the others and what gameplay style they're going with.

Also Epic's new Fortnite has Zombies (sorta) which looks like a TF2 Styled Tower Defense Game made by the kids of Ed, Edd, and Eddy. I really have nothing else to say about this since there's no info yet.

I certainly hope the Zombie games are limited next year! It's starting to get obnoxious!

These silly zombie games take forever to actually show any gameplay in one of their trailers :huh:

Guess we are supposed to assume it sucks then :)

zombies? pshh. They wouldn't last hours irl. You have no idea how powerful are weapons are, They are totally weakened in the movies.

*Facehoof* we know this. It's just an interesting concept.

zombies? pshh. They wouldn't last hours irl. You have no idea how powerful are weapons are, They are totally weakened in the movies.

Dude, that is the point.

Zombies are not SUPPOSED to be strong.

It is their numbers that make them a threat.

I feel foolish for it, but I still wait for the day they come so I can finally put my zombie slaying skillz to the test and make a true Zombie Survival Guide, as the current one is completely bogus.

I always believe there either is a mad scientist trying to play god in the most desert region of the world who will finally solve the T-Virus, or it'll be from super parasprite that takes holds of humans and make them crazy. Technically still zombies.

And I've never got to see any episodes of Walking Dead yet even though I planned to from the start. :s How is it?

I feel foolish for it, but I still wait for the day they come so I can finally put my zombie slaying skillz to the test and make a true Zombie Survival Guide, as the current one is completely bogus.

I always believe there either is a mad scientist trying to play god in the most desert region of the world who will finally solve the T-Virus, or it'll be from super parasprite that takes holds of humans and make them crazy. Technically still zombies.

And I've never got to see any episodes of Walking Dead yet even though I planned to from the start. :s How is it?

T-Virus could never happen, sorry to bust your bubble.

I really do not believe in "A bite travels the venom"

Because teeth do not have venom flowing.

But I do believe scientists will end the world with a "cure" to something.

Well there can be many situations that your weapons simply cannot kill that many at a time.