Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have a gun in your house?

Limeblossom

No, I haven't bothered getting my PAL (firearms license) because by the time I can afford a gun, it will be up for renewal anyway. I should probably get it soon before a shrink diagnoses me with something. I do, however, have twenty-odd knives, two swords, and seven years of martial arts, so my house and person are reasonably safe.

Yes, we were raised on guns for target shooting and varmint hunting. Sorry Fluttershy but gophers and badgers can ruin crop lands and they are not easy to relocate like the vampire fruit bats. If a horse breaks its leg by stepping in one of their holes....

• Brohoof 1

I actually do. And I live in Australia where we have stricter gun laws in place. I own a 12G shotgun and plan on buying a .223 bolt action rifle when I turn 18. Or a Colt M1911 Pistol. :)

Only real reason to have them is simply to go trap shooting down at the range, or shoot vermin off some farm land. Like wild dogs, rabbits, etc.

Edited by Damonater
  • Brohoof 1

No. Can't think of too many situations in which I would need one. I also can think of a lot of scenarios in which a situation could be escalated because there is a gun. It could be more useful if, say, I lived in the wilderness and had to deal with wild beasts from the Everfree Forest. There's also the fact that I'm totally inept at gun usage! LOL!

Nope, in Poland you need permissions to have a gun from police and psychologist, if I remeber. 

THIS! And I'm really glad we have the strict gun control thing going on here!

Plus it looks like nobody really feels the need to own a gun. One of my neighbors is a retired police officer and he only owns a baton for self defense...

• Brohoof 1

Oh, where're you from, if you don't mind me asking? Just curious.

From The Netherlands. Strict gun control.

It's nice to have the 2nd amendment when the majority of people who own guns arent psychopaths

I don't think that the majority are psychopaths. What I think the real culprit could be are all those sensationalist fearmongers like MSNBC and Fox News. If you watch one of those outlets too long you'll go insane.

I was a gun rights supporter for a long time and now even more since the dawn of the IS and the Dutch army becoming weak thanks to "budget cuts" while still pumping money in failed projects and self-hating loons.

• Brohoof 2

I live in UK so, no. Why do some of you guys own them? I just don't see the appeal. I live in a quiet village in Wales so don't need one for self-defence in my house at all. Do houses get broken into a lot where you live?

Edited by Conspiracy.
  • Brohoof 1

I don't, and I don't actually like guns. We are also not allowed to keep guns. Some of my "friends" moved to US and show off their guns and hunting skills, and I broke up with them immediately. I remain neutral about whether we should keep guns in our home but I hate those who kill for fun using advanced weapons.  I am a engineer and I am capable of defending myself with the knowledge I possess.

gonna ask a serious question, HOW will you defend yourself with the knowledge you possess? because i am sure our police and military would love to implement what ever idea you have that will negate a gun, it would save a ton of soldier's lives.

I am personally all for hunting because the animals are way better off, did you know that the chickens that are raised in america for meat NEVER see daylight? they are kept in total darkness there whole short life in long closed in tube like buildings with fans that blow air on them so they don't suffocate , they stand shoulder to shoulder with hundreds of other chickens chest deep in there own crap. and the worst part is they are bred and fed to grow FAST, they grow to adulthood so fast and get so fat that there bones can't keep up and there legs will litterally BREAK from the chickens own weight! and cows,pigs are not treated any better, so a person that goes out and kills his own food is actually taking money away from the big corporations who make animals suffer by the millions for profit, it might seem cruel to you for them to hunt but believe me animals suffer on a MASSIVE scale and they never see a gun, they never even see the SUN for that matter

• Brohoof 2

gonna ask a serious question, HOW will you defend yourself with the knowledge you possess? because i am sure our police and military would love to implement what ever idea you have that will negate a gun, it would save a ton of soldier's lives.

I am personally all for hunting because the animals are way better off, did you know that the chickens that are raised in america for meat NEVER see daylight? they are kept in total darkness there whole short life in long closed in tube like buildings with fans that blow air on them so they don't suffocate , they stand shoulder to shoulder with hundreds of other chickens chest deep in there own crap. and the worst part is they are bred and fed to grow FAST, they grow to adulthood so fast and get so fat that there bones can't keep up and there legs will litterally BREAK from the chickens own weight! and cows,pigs are not treated any better, so a person that goes out and kills his own food is actually taking money away from the big corporations who make animals suffer by the millions for profit, it might seem cruel to you for them to hunt but believe me animals suffer on a MASSIVE scale and they never see a gun, they never even see the SUN for that matter

Just say that I am capable of assembling simple weapons with materials near me. I'm OK with those who hunt for food, as long as they are able to maintain their local ecosystems, but some people hunt for fun and make their victims to be precious exhibits in their house, some others think they are gods and try to control the animal populations for "good reason" and I can't see any of their contribution.

Just say that I am capable of assembling simple weapons with materials near me. I'm OK with those who hunt for food, as long as they are able to maintain their local ecosystems, but some people hunt for fun and make their victims to be precious exhibits in their house, some others think they are gods and try to control the animal populations for "good reason" and I can't see any of their contribution.

like what kind of weapons? you said you are an engineer so i have high hopes for the kind of contraptions you would build

and overpopulation of game is a big problem, that is why the government regulates how many deer for example a hunter in a certain area can kill, areas with a ton of deer get thinned out and areas with not enough deer don't because to many of one kind tends to cause them to get unhealthy and starve, hunters also kill sick deer and injured ones allowing the healthy ones to reproduce, sure there are some hunters that do bad things but the DNR is usually hiding behind a tree trying to catch them, hunters and rangers don't like poachers or people who kill just for a set of antlers anymore than you do. i know people that hunt because they can't afford to buy meat in the store

I don't have any guns. If I had time to go to the range once and a while I would. There are too many other things I have to do at the moment. Where I live is pretty boring too. If I had a gun now it would pretty much just sit in my closet. I would rather have the $ in the bank.

I don't worry about people having guns. Whether or not normal citizens are allowed to have them doesn't change the fact that criminals/terrorists will ALWAYS find a way to get them anyways. Another thing to think about is that all the crazies seem to usually target "Gun Free" areas... :huh:

I'm more scared of how life with a gun ban here in the U.S. would be vs how it is now.

Edited by Cirrus.

Absolutely not. My family does not believe in having guns in the house. Neither do I. If we hunted, that's one thing, but we don't.

Edited by Quartzy
  • Brohoof 1