Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have a gun in your house?

Limeblossom

(edited)
On 12/11/2015 at 5:12 PM, Limeblossom said:

Do you guys have something to defend, like a gun or pistol, in your house?

I'm really jealous that you have the 2nd amendment. I wish my country had the right to bear arms for defence.

Well you have that right, it’s just a matter if the nation acknowledges and protects that right.

An important distinction to make is that the United States Constitution doesn’t GRANT American citizens our rights, it acknowledges and places protections on the rights seen as being ones all people have within the jurisdiction of U.S. law.

So for example the Second Amendment says; “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

Notice it doesn’t say “the government grants its people the right to” no, the right is assumed. What’s laid out is that the state isn’t allowed to touch that assumed right.

To answer your question no, I don’t. Probably one day. I feel like even when I buy one though, I’ll just keep it at the range rather than storing it somewhere at home.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 2

When I lived in the states, I signed away my right to own guns.  I live in Canada now but I still hold that document I signed all those years ago as still valid.  I've gone through far too many depressive episodes where owning a gun would've ended badly for me.  I don't need a gun nor do I want one.

On 6/11/2019 at 11:32 PM, Jedishy said:

Plus I love going to the range.... now if only ammo were not so dang expensive... guns, knives, lightsabers... why are my hobbies so expensive?! :unamused:

Haha, I know what you mean.  ^_^

Do you reload ammo?

The only things my home has ever had even remotely resembling a gun, besides toys, are glue guns and vacuum cleaners. I can’t imagine a home actually having one without striking fear in the ones who don’t use it, though where I live quite a few families can’t imagine a home without one.

I haven’t even used a BB gun since I was 10 or 12, or touched a gun in at least six years. I don’t see any reason for me to have one. I’d just have to get more creative with my defenses. 

I do, but it wasn't exactly my decision...when my dad died, I inherited it from him and decided to keep it; I just didn't feel right getting rid of a gun, yknow? I will admit that I feel safer, especially because I live in a sketchy area, but I know that I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to buy one myself. 

Uh... I mean, occasionally an M4 Carbine crashes with me for a few months. :P

I live in the barracks, and the only weapons you're allowed to have are those issued to you. So, no, I don't have a gun in my house. I don't even own a firearm, but when I move out I'm definitely getting one. Probably a pump shotgun for home defense and a pistol for target shooting. The pistol's going to be either a FN Five-seveN or a Colt M1911. After that, I'm probably gonna try to get my hands on an AR-15, then an FN FAL or M14... and who knows what from there.

• Brohoof 2

On 6/16/2019 at 9:21 PM, Phosphor said:

Do you reload ammo?

Nope but I wish I did from time to time. Though I am also the type that shoots with my carry ammo once or twice a year.... and I use federal hydra shok..... :(

• Brohoof 1

I live with my cousin and she keeps a gun. I don't have a gun of my own but I intend to get one eventually. Right now I keep an assortment of other weapons, mostly melee types. 

No, I don't... And in fact, I don't even know many people who do.

Would I like to have one? No. I wouldn't want to be near anything so potentially dangerous, I know I'd be paranoid about something terrible happening somehow. :sunny:

• Brohoof 3

• 6 months later...

No I don't. But I do have a laser pointer, and I need to say it is less-than-or-equal-to 5 mW (just so that U.S. won't be mad about it! Why are they so paranoid about laser pointers, when they allow guys?)

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...