Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

In a survival situation would you eat human flesh?

Member Berry

I would eat human flesh without being in a survival situation.

This guy right here! ^^^^

He pretty much sums it up for me.

Survival situation oh hell yeah. Would I kill someone and consume their flesh? Well now that is a question in itself. It very seriously depends on two factors. First, does fear take hold? Are they bigger, stronger or have a better chance at killing me?

Now, if they try to kill me, you bet your bottom dollar I'm gonna take them out and feed on their flesh chops. Other mammals are known to eat their own kind, and I am an animal, even if we as a species prefer to deny it. So, If I were forced to kill someone for my own safety and their flesh would preserve my life. Yes I would kill them, and yes I would eat them.

Yes. And to anyone who says no, are you absolutely sure? Even if you're in a situation where you're just a few days from starving to death? At that point, I don't believe you would think with emotion, but instead just raw, animalistic survival instinct. 

As one who tend to eat their epidermis around their fingernails all the time I would say yes. I'd cook it first though.

I would eat human flesh without being in a survival situation.

Cheers mate! I would do that too. Only mine though. And only the epidermis around my fingernails. Yeh....

• 4 weeks later...

My sister and I were talking about what we'd do if we were trapped on a deserted island once, and the first thing she very calmly said was, "I'd eat you."

....what?? O~O

Personally, I'd rather bury the person if they die, and I'd never kill someone for food. I'd feel horrible for killing normal things people eat. I have no idea how I'd ever muster up the courage to eat human.

Most Bronies (posting here) sound as though they wouldn't so much as hesitate to consume human flesh.

Somehow I'm not surprised.  It's a Brony-eat-Brony kind of world out there.

It is? xD

I don't know; shut up. x3

My answer?  Nope.  And any stranger whose life might depend on eating my flesh is out of luck, 'cause they ain't eating me neither.

I wouldn't eat you; I'd just do some harmless nibbling.  Keep up my strength.  And then I'd just fly off and come back with some bacon jerky.

Can I have some of your bacon jerky?

I'll consider it.

Bu-

I said I'll consider it!  This is the last of the bacon jerky.  That exists.  As far as I know.  Or that was in our cabinet.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll eat any mammal provided it's been prepared properly. (Humans can give you all kinds of weird diseases, I've heard, although that might be a conspiracy to deter cannibalism...) Aside from that, I'll probably eat most reptiles as well. I don't much like seafood though. Hell, if someone served me human flesh and only told me after I ate it what it was, I'd probably still enjoy the taste, even though I'd have a few questions about the source of the meat.

If I must to survive, then yes.  Everyone who thinks they're above eating human flesh forgets that every time you swallow, you're swallowing a bunch of dead cheek cells.  So you've already eaten human flesh, whether you'd like to think so or not.

Granted, I would still consider it a last resort.

One thing I've always kinda wondered is can you go all ouroboros on yourself? like eat abit of your arm, let it heal then eat it again? XD

This should answer that (the question starts at 2:10):

Short answer: Your body is much more efficient at 'eating' your own flesh than if you were to actually eat it.

Edited by Time Shield

• 2 months later...