Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

In a survival situation would you eat human flesh?

Member Berry

And...once more I've become a little more uncomfortable in here. :please:  Fortunately most of these respondents aren't regulars I recognize. I don't know which of these is most disturbing:

1. The fact that the second poster admitted that (how would they ACQUIRE it first?) :awuh:

2. A ton of others brohoofed them :scots:

3. I have a pretty good idea of what probably inspired a topic like this to appear on an MLP forum, but I'm not gonna go there... :lie:

No insults to anyone intended, just being honest about what this is making me think..

To answer the question: In my case I wouldn't need to, because I'm just that resourceful, I plan ahead, and I tend to stay away from places where a scenario like this could arise. The affluent may take trips to deserts and frozen caves as a luxury, but to me luxury isn't luxury if it gets you killed or robs you of humanity.

Food for thought, pardon the pun: how would you explain this to people later, and how would you get them to look at you the same way again?

Edited by Trinitron Keys
  • Brohoof 1

I don't think that many of you knows what you are talking about. First of all, what is the situation when you don't have any opportunities but eating human flesh? In the desert? Arctic? I don't think in places where the climate is inmoderate the first problem of your's would be the food. There are always other possibilities to find food, so tell me just one extreme situation where you don't have absolutely any choice but eating your companion. Seriously it was hard to even read those comment where you stated that you would eat human flash without batting an eyelid.

Let's separate two things:

1: First of all, i'm not talking about how immoral or sinful to consume flesh, but just think about it, if you found a corpse(cuz you stated, that you wouldn't kill anybody for the flesh) how do you know how has it died? What was the circumstances of death? It's like eating a dead animal you have just found. So tell me what is the situation where you and a dead corpse are alone and there is nothing else and you are so embittered that you don't even try to find something else?

2: Many of you probably just curious and don't think about it how this situation would look like. Have ever seen even a dead animal and thought "hmm how would a situation look like if I had to eat this poor thing?" But not just seeing it, smell the corpse's scent. Now imagine in situation where you are somewhere, there is a corpse you have just found, and you have to slice it up, remove the organs and chop into pieces, cook it(which has a really bad smell) and then you eat it? I know that a body after death is just a body but still. For those who said that they would eat their family, there are no words.

Seriously if your friend, family member or anyone you know and love died in front of your eyes, would you seriously do the same I have described above? Not to mention where would you find fresh flesh? Do you think it's just magically appear in front of you or what?

It's just gross. Don't tell me that you people wouldn't find anything else but flesh if you were a situation where you need food. You are just curious for any reasons.

Edited by Kerberossz

No, if I were in a starving group in the wilderness, I'd probably be the first to get devoured. Bummer.

I wouldn't play favorites. Folks on the menu would be determined by nutritional considerations, calorie count and tenderness of meat. And if they just happen to go well with a good wine, so much the better!

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't play favorites. Folks on the menu would be determined by nutritional considerations, calorie count and tenderness of meat. And if they just happen to go well with a good wine, so much the better!

Where are you gonna find wine in the wilderness? XD

1. The fact that the second poster admitted that (how would they ACQUIRE it first?) :awuh:

Well, excuse me for wanting to try new things.

Also I wouldn't kill anyone if it's that that worries you.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think any of us can really say whether or not we actually would, in a desperate situation. That brings out things in you that you have buried deep, deep down. So, I really can't speak honestly about if I would. Even if you say you would if it wasn't desperate, that's something that needs proving-  because indulging in the meat of your own species takes a bit of a leap. I don't eat any meat regardless, so that would make the choice much harder I imagine. 

I would eat human flesh without being in a survival situation.

61205176.jpg

As for me, I don't know what situation would involve me JUST having human meat available, but whatever that situation is sure why not? 

• Brohoof 2

It would freak me out at first, thinking about eating a dead person, but after 5 minutes I'll be getting my cooking pot ready.

I personally don't see how eating a dead person would be immoral, other than it being disrespectful in normal situations. If it's necessary for survival, I think it would not be disrespectful, because that dead person technically saved a life with his dead body.

So, I wouldn't eat anyone in a non live or death scenario unless that person told me that it's ohke. :twi:

@Gestum

Thank you for making that clear. Earlier on you had me wondering, and then I saw your other statement saying you wouldn't kill, I just hadn't gotten back to acknowledging it yet cuz I've had a lot of other threads I'm involved in. So I'll say you might have bizarre taste, but you're no monster. In that regard, you're alright.