Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Stormlight

Stormlight

@,

During winter, there isn't any snow from where I am, however I do enjoy the time I have to myself by reading a good book or hanging out with my friends.

Oh boy, I was waiting until someone finally asked a question like this, haha :v

If I had to choose one, it would have to be dark blue. This certain shade of blue is pleasing to my eyes, and they are really sensitive when it comes to colors.

• Brohoof 1

Hey now, that is interesting. My favorite color is blue too.   Navy blue to be exact. Showing respect and honor from my perspective.  :lol: 

Anyways, here is one more O.C. named Masked Commander.

Link for his bios:  https://mlpforums.com/topic/74033-post-your-oc/page-38

What is your opinion on his backstory about him and how he is like this now? 

I really appreciate your criticism. ^_^ 

Edited by Unovas

@,

Assuming you are fine with me giving some constructive criticism (or feedback if that was what you meant) on this topic I will get started then. I apologize if this is lengthy, I do enjoy giving others feedback on hoe to improve their works :)

Name: Seems to fit who he is and what he does. Is there a reason why he does wear a mask? Is it to hide his real identity?

Age: Equines or other beings that live in Equestria have no correct "exact" age. Rather than using numbers like human age, maybe replace that with Adult Male, young female, et cetra.

Height: I have nothing to say for his height :)

Type: Most of the time pony OCs belong to one species. Though I have nothing against hybrids and/or alicorn OCs, I am confused about what species your OC belongs to. Although you say he is a Pegasus, the info also says Alicorn. Especially with Mare and Stallion. Do you mean to say...that's his build, or that he is both male AND female?

Gender: As with my statement above, I am slightly confused to what he "is", or would want to be seen as.

Cutie Mark: Cutie marks define a pony's special abilities and skills. However, this is not pointed out in his bio. How did the Masked Commander get his cutie mark? Why a black moon and not something else? (Also, if I may be harsh just this once, Princess Luna already has the title of Moonbutt :v)

Backstory: Ahh, lengthy backstories are my favorite, so let me do my best to help improve your work :)

He always talks about the HQ, however I believe it would be nice to explain exactly where the location is. "Brought back from the brink of death." Although he would like to keep this a secret to his men and everyone else, it would be helpful for people who are seeing your OC know his secrets (Dramatical Irony). Nothing much is being said of how he became how he is now, a robotic pony. Could he be a cyborg? Did he used to be a normal pony until something happened? A backstory of an OC is there to describe how your OC came to be who he is, answering people's questions.

Extras:

Thankfully my phone enhances the post's words so I can examine easier. There are quite some grammatical errors, nothing too bad but it's good to fix them :)

Overall, your OC has a unique background, just make sure to edit anything you think will help people understand your OC more. Sorry if this wasn't what you expected, but someone offering me to critique their OC or any work in general is something I enjoy doing.

• Brohoof 1

No problem, I will be constantly improving my O.C.'s and their bios. I like it when people have opinions on others pieces of art or their work. 

Yes, I know that he does need some explaining on his types of species on where he got it from and some more on why he is masked. Therefore I will do a little or more info on these terms on this O.C.

Heck, might as well do the rest right. *chuckles* 

Still, tell me about your O.C. I haven't seen or heard of yours. What is your O.C. like in basic terms?

@,

I believe I have given you some pictures of my OC in my post above, but no matter!

Stormlight is just a normal stallion pegasus that lives in Ponyville. He has no definite job, but he does make money by performing around Equestria. Just an easygoing pony that fits in with the community and such.

If you would like a more detailed description of him, there's a link in my signature to his entire bio. :)

• Brohoof 1

@,

My current avatar is of Gary from the pixel horror indie game Ib. He's one of my favorite video game characters, and it's a fairly small list.

Aw man, you all enjoy asking difficult questions xD However, as of now, Kaneki Ken from Tokyo Ghoul has my vote.

I'd played that game before and got stuck in that doll a few times. Until I picked the right one. XD

Also, my avatar is my official O.C. Like a crossover from Kirby too MLP. I decided to give him a name instead of Zero which he is. I put it in spanish, Cero or Cero-Two. If you wanna call him that. 

So again with the criticism on my O.C. Cero, cause I do enjoy people critiquing on my work there. By the way I did a little bit more info on Masked Commander and looks pretty good so far and thank you for your opinion!

Now I know you played IB, what is the most difficult part of the game and who is your least favorite character?  

Edited by Master Necrodeus

@,

It's amazing how people can have multiple pony OCs, hah. I currently have only two, one in which is a most recent addition to my list of OCs.

I'd love to offer feedback for Cero, do you possibly have some background info about him? (links to a bio, possibly?)

If I had to choose, the most difficult of the game for me would have to be...the Sketchbook map. Not only does the crayon theme hurt my eyes but I searched like crazy on how to progress until I gave in to reading a playthrough :v

My least favorite character from Ib is Ib's parents. Maybe most will expect Mary, but I don't see anything wrong with her (besides how annoying she may be, at least she has emotions. I only say hee parents due to how little background we have of them, and how their daughter ended up in a living art gallery where she could DIE in.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Ahh, I'm seeing potential in this OC of yours. Great improvements from before. Since I am tired I will try my best to make a comprehensive list than point out each and every subsection.

Critique for the OC Zero / Cero / Cero2:

• Could you elaborate more on "Dark being." Did you intend him to go back and forth from good to evil?

• Describe the origin of how he has red liquid (potentially blood?), replaced from normal tears.

• Explain why he only appears to have a single eye. [Goes with above question]

~ Very detailed! Keep improving on your spelling/grammar skills as well.

• Though you described his alignment, he feels more of a neutral being than evil of humble.

All in all, how each of your recent OCs are improving is amazing. You're getting there, keep it up!

• Brohoof 1

I will ask these questions. From me:

-1. Which has to be your most favorite country to visit in vacation? Then what activities will you part take on this certain country of your choosing?

-2. Its from Gigas. *hands the paper too him* Here. 

..alright.. what.. is ..the.. most interesting ..things in space.. that you can.. think of?