Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Oc Design feedback: Windlight

Tao

So before I really hit Moonhowl  in his feedback,  I thought to make his boyfriend which is a key part of his whole history.    In making,  I got Windlight out of weeks of playing around in the idea of him being a part time Wonderbolt and a lead singer in a pony punk band known as the Tempest Makers.  A little iffy on his whole design just it kinda fun to make him!  

PqmSN7R.png

His cutie mark shows his talent for music and his love for it,   he also helps to make out the music line up for the Wonderbolts and in smaller shows will play with his band at times live.  They have a good following in the underground and some bits of mainstream,   also they will play for charity on the side. 

He dyes his hair purple mostly in liking the color and the whole "punk" thing,  he keeps  his pin from the Wonderbolts Camp in his ear so he reminds himself of the hard work he had to put into making it in and also a drive for his dream of music.   The other earrings are a gift from his boyfriend Moonhowl......

Part time Wonderbolt? I'm not sure how that would go very well when his passion is music. Maybe for Wonderbolt shows and stuff it could work, but if you were meaning races too, I don't really like the idea. It's kind of like having two talents, which could be alright if it was represented in the cutiemark I guess, but I still don't really like the idea of racing with them too. I like the idea of him creating the music playlist for the Wonderbolts, but would it be for everything for the Wonderbolts or just races or something?

Visually, I really like the design. Gradients aren't done often, (probably because they are hard to be made to look good) especially in canon characters, but I think the mane and tail look great! If I had to say something about the gradient though, (which I think I should) I think it might be a little too intense. Maybe if it just went from one color to the other instead of switching around colors constantly. The wing, it's pretty alright. I don't care for gradients on the body part of a pony, but this one does look good. I think the stroke for the mane and tail should be different though. Generally, it's just a darker color of what the fill is. His eye is something that is bothering me though. Unless it has a reason for that, I think you should just stick with one color for it. I love the earrings though. The wonderbolt badge is a great way to represent his love for them through his looks, and the three gold earrings looks great too! If you change anything visually, I really hope the earrings stay.

Also, I'd like to see who his boyfriend is. Would you mind providing me a link?

• Brohoof 2

Part time Wonderbolt? I'm not sure how that would go very well when his passion is music. Maybe for Wonderbolt shows and stuff it could work, but if you were meaning races too, I don't really like the idea. It's kind of like having two talents, which could be alright if it was represented in the cutiemark I guess, but I still don't really like the idea of racing with them too. I like the idea of him creating the music playlist for the Wonderbolts, but would it be for everything for the Wonderbolts or just races or something?

Visually, I really like the design. Gradients aren't done often, (probably because they are hard to be made to look good) especially in canon characters, but I think the mane and tail look great! If I had to say something about the gradient though, (which I think I should) I think it might be a little too intense. Maybe if it just went from one color to the other instead of switching around colors constantly. The wing, it's pretty alright. I don't care for gradients on the body part of a pony, but this one does look good. I think the stroke for the mane and tail should be different though. Generally, it's just a darker color of what the fill is. His eye is something that is bothering me though. Unless it has a reason for that, I think you should just stick with one color for it. I love the earrings though. The wonderbolt badge is a great way to represent his love for them through his looks, and the three gold earrings looks great too! If you change anything visually, I really hope the earrings stay.

Also, I'd like to see who his boyfriend is. Would you mind providing me a link?

His boyfriend is Moonhowl: http://i.imgur.com/F6p2ab7.jpg