Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

roleplay world "solution" for a little problem

The Derpy Hooves
Go to solution Solved by Fhaolan,

so... before i asked for the damn 200 character limit in the roleplay world...

that's the point, it can't be removed, so i am planning on one thing that i don't know if it's... "legal" for the forums,

what if i create a "blog" outside the forums and i put a link ONLY in the [OOC] and in my signature?

Why is the limit such a big problem anyway?

just go and see at the rules of my RP, the rules says that the reply just need to be little sentences about the action that the "player" shall take

also i'm already making this blog because a lot of people says that there is no problem by adding a link to an external link to your signature

Hi @@The Derpy Hooves,

The Planning & OOC forums in Roleplay World are for the RPs that are to take place in Roleplay World, so no, you're not supposed to use that spot for organizing off-site RPs. Advertising off-site RPs falls under the 'Advertising' rule:

(From the global rules document:) Advertising on MLPF is not permitted. We will allow you to place your personal website, social media, or media sharing account link in your signature and the appropriate field(s) in your profile, providing the content on the site does not link to content considered inappropriate for MLPF. Outside of those exceptions, advertising is strictly prohibited without Administrator approval. Examples of disallowed advertisements include, but are not limited to, commercial storefronts, personal websites outside of the permitted areas, chat groups, donation drives, crowd funding initiatives, research studies, affiliate programs, commission shops, and generally any topics/status updates/blogs with the sole purpose of driving traffic to your site or platform (this includes proxy posting on someone's behalf). If you want to advertise or collect money here, please get in touch with an admin to seek permission. This is for the protection of our members, and to cut down on annoying or spammy ad-centric content.

Basically, you can put links to your RP in your signature, and anything further than that requires you to clear the link with one of the Administrators of the forum. Not one of the Moderators, but one of the Administrators. :)

Hi @@The Derpy Hooves,

The Planning & OOC forums in Roleplay World are for the RPs that are to take place in Roleplay World, so no, you're not supposed to use that spot for organizing off-site RPs. Advertising off-site RPs falls under the 'Advertising' rule:

(From the global rules document:) Advertising on MLPF is not permitted. We will allow you to place your personal website, social media, or media sharing account link in your signature and the appropriate field(s) in your profile, providing the content on the site does not link to content considered inappropriate for MLPF. Outside of those exceptions, advertising is strictly prohibited without Administrator approval. Examples of disallowed advertisements include, but are not limited to, commercial storefronts, personal websites outside of the permitted areas, chat groups, donation drives, crowd funding initiatives, research studies, affiliate programs, commission shops, and generally any topics/status updates/blogs with the sole purpose of driving traffic to your site or platform (this includes proxy posting on someone's behalf). If you want to advertise or collect money here, please get in touch with an admin to seek permission. This is for the protection of our members, and to cut down on annoying or spammy ad-centric content.

Basically, you can put links to your RP in your signature, and anything further than that requires you to clear the link with one of the Administrators of the forum. Not one of the Moderators, but one of the Administrators. :)

so... only in my signature... perfect thanks...