52 users have voted

1. 1. how do you deal with people against bronys

• Buck them! ill tell them! im a proud and open brony
    • try to explain calmly what its all about
    • ignore them they're not worth my time
    • stay quiet i don't want to make a scene
    • postulate internally and get hurt/offended in the proces
    • other

I've had problems with this personally, a man who is in his mid-to-late thirties has been harassing me for three years on Twitter because he has a huge hate against bronies. He's said some pretty terrible things, and I don't even call myself a brony. I just enjoy the artwork and roleplaying community. Laughably, he's more of a brony than I am. 

Anyway, I've learned to just ignore them. Most people who have that idea in their heads are rather difficult to convince otherwise, they'll always have that bias in their head. 

• 3 weeks later...

I joke with them. Either they go away because they see i don't get affected or we just continue making fun of each other. Comedy is the best way to deal with things for me.

as a 18 year old bisexual female the one thing they said really hurt me. some one asked what a brony was and these lads' answer was "well its a bunch of middle age guys who are creeps that like to get off over my little pony" 

:eww:

Were they talking crap specifically about you, or Bronies in general?

i kept quiet because i didn't want them to think the same of me :wat:  

but yeah would would you do in a similar situation ?

Well once upon a time, one of my closest friends (not a brony) revealed to me about how MUCH he hated bronies and how they are gay pedophile-men and all that junk....He never figured out I was one of them, ironic huh?  :smug: 

Now in my head, I planned to go all Mortal Kombat on em': :=: 

But the man studies Krav Maga (street fighting), and also,I have little to none experience in combat.., so I just went with 'Whatever you say, man'  :huh: 

Yes I pussied out, I know..

I'm glad I didn't take the alternative, because I would be revealing to my entire school that I, in fact, DO watch My Little Pony, I would lose a lot of friends, be given a bad image, and get beaten up horribly :sunshower:  

Edited by RyaN_

I've felt that the most effective way of dealing with hatters is to cut off their mercury supply. After three weeks of non-exposure their random rantings and insanity should subside, at which time you can open a rival haberdashery, which will thrive, as their reputation of being madmen has surely caused rumors within the town and created a general lack of trustworthiness.

In other words, do not take them seriously (the haters. Hatters on the other hand are terrifying in large number).

Edited by PiratePony
  • Brohoof 1

Well there probably exist some (I won't share my past)  :eww:  But i guess its why they believe some like MLP so much. Although i'd like to believe that it is the minority and not the majority. Simply enjoying a quality show is nothing to be ashamed of.

Some people have opinions. I don't think there is much one can do about it to be honest. Its the world in general. :grin2:

Edited by Lithophila
  • Brohoof 2

Nah, I just get on with my life. I'm too lazy to debate about a KID'S CARTOON. Those trolls are just miserable about something that's none of their business. They just poke their heads into what we are watching and getting pissed about it while we bronies are just enjoying life, watching a cartoon we love. haha  B)

Ignoring them or simply telling them to fuck off is what I usually do, and for the most part it works.

Personally I think writing several page responses to them about why you think the show is great or why they're awful people will probably just make you look crazy instead

Trolls are never worth the time. Ignoring them is really the only way to deal with them. Going against them just gives them fuel, and by ignoring them they'll either lose interest of have everyone turn on them because of their incessant bitching, which would hurt their e-peen.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

Ehh it's all depends what's the topic. I usually ignores them if I don't see fit to waste my breath and time. If there's something worth bringing up to their attention, I would comment on them. Which...tends to become a huge mess at the end.  

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if it's twisted by stupidity or malice. I can’t help how others feel so I simply disregard them as not worth my time and walk away to more positive surroundings.

• Brohoof 1