Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv So Star Wars: The Force Awakens is coming this Friday...

Nylon

Actually, Thursday. :derp:

Theater I got my ticket at is running all 6 movies Wednesday, ending in TFA at midnight/Thursday morning.

Am jealous I did not get a ticket to THAT.

• Brohoof 1

Im holding off on bothering to see it until the reviews come in (and the theatre dies down.) I'm being cautiously optimistic about it and trying to stay away from the hype, but all I can really say about it is that time will tell.

• Brohoof 1

Did someone say spoilers?

I'm warning you

Last chance
this is a major spoiler

Kylo Ren...

nope

Now that we got that out of the way,

Since it premieres earlier here than in the US, I'll be writing my review of it (spoiler free of course) tomorrow probably (:

• Brohoof 1

I have high hopes, but they aren't soaring because I do not want to disappointed. To quote Jacksfilms: "Yo what if Star Wars sucks?"

I'm a fan of the rest of the Star Wars series; I even like the first prequel (just a little). So if The Force Awakens is better than that... I'll enjoy it.  :squee:

• Brohoof 1

I really liked the force awakens, I think it nailed the feel of the original trilogy. It was fast-pace with a bunch of action (almost too fastpace for my tastes but oh well). The new music really felt like star wars, I loved the new characters and they were well incorporated into the story (well, most of them). The ending of the film left me with even more questions and excitement than I had before it started haha so that's great I suppose. The things I didn't like were minor plot holes (which might be explained in ep 8 though), the plot being too similar to ep IV and the overuse of original trilogy references... but they weren't that big of a deal, overall it was awesome.

Here's my full little "review" about it..

https://mlpforums.com/blog/78/entry-18817-review-spoiler-free-star-wars-ep-vii-the-force-awakens/

I can't wait for Episode VIII :D

• Brohoof 1

I'm definitely going to see it. I have my expectations very low, however. I've been burned before, so I'm not going to let they hype ruin this for me. I have a feeling the movie will be visually spectacular, but the story will be iffy and the new characters will be meh.

We'll see.

• Brohoof 2

As someone who grew up watching the original trilogy on VHS and suffered through midnight showings of all three prequels, I have taken a 'wait and see' approach to this one. I will watch it of course, there's no question there, but I'm going to wait til I can see a super early matinee on a weekday after the crowds have died down. Hopefully I can avoid spoilers until such a time, though its hardly the end of the world if I don't.

• Brohoof 1

My English class gets to see it as an after school field trip on Friday. Glad I get to see it this early because if I didn't, it would probably be sold out for a while. Our teacher has been showing us Return of the Jedi in the days leading up to it to get hype.
  • Brohoof 4

I need to state this: When it comes to the Rotten Tomatoes reviews, I saw this coming a mile away.

96% positive.  Certified Fresh.  http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_episode_vii_the_force_awakens/

Well it's dropping all the time and there are a bunch of reviewers giving low ratings for a reason. The film is good but it's a bit too similar to episode IV.

• Brohoof 1

Pretty excited for this and I have yet to watch any Star Wars film in full. I was hoping to watch the original trilogy before seeing episode 7 but those can wait. I think I know enough about the series to know what is going on at least, so I am excited. :3 Plus, it is going in theaters on my birthday! :D My plan is to hopefully see it then.