Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fortune cookies that actually helped you?

gamecubeguy214

So fortune cookies I'm sure are known for tasting delicious and and having a useless message inside. However, sometimes they have a good message that helps you. I once got a fortune cookie that said ''Speed is poor substitute for accuracy'', and as a Super Monkey Ball player, that's some good advice to me. What are some helpful fortune cookie messages that you've received?

Don't they give them to you for free at Chinese restaurants?

I was JUST about to say this. XD

But yeah, I've actually had some REALLY helpful, uplifting fortunes before.

I just wish I could remember them off the top of my head...

• Brohoof 1

"Pass the bill to the person to your left"

Not that I would've payed for the bill anyways, it was just convenient that my dad just happened to be the only person to my left at that moment.

• Brohoof 1

Lots of fortune cookies should really be named "advice cookies", don't you think? I don't have one very often, but they tend to be things like "Try something new".

I got the "Try something new" one once, and the next time I got a fortune cookie I tried something new and didn't eat it.

• Brohoof 1

I was JUST about to say this. XD

But yeah, I've actually had some REALLY helpful, uplifting fortunes before.

I just wish I could remember them off the top of my head...

What was the restaurant called where you got those cookies, if you remember?

Don't believe in anything fortune cookies say personally, their just random bits of paper put there by people as part of a commercial product 

:lie:

Randomized advice is still a novel thing and isn't worthless just because its industrialized in a way.

One time I was at a Chinese restaurant with my mom and twin sister, and I ended up getting a fortune that we couldn't understand for the longest time.

"A difference, to be a difference, must make a difference."

I understand it now, but it has never applied to me.

I've never actually had a fortune cookie, and I've never seen someone else get one, and from what I know no-one in my family has ever gotten one. I have little idea what's actually on the paper beyond various quotes, and I have no idea at all what they actually taste like.

• 4 years later...

I like fortune cookies and reading it massage since sometime it matches what I feel or going through, coincidentally.  Although the weirdest massage I ever gotten was this 

"Killing time is every murderer’s opportunity." 

Only time will tell I guess :bedeyes:

They're good for a smile or to enjoy teasing others about their fortunes. It's just light, harmless entertainment that adds a little twist to the usual after dinner treat. I once played the lotto numbers on the back of a fortune but didn't win, so i guess it 'helped' me lighten my purse of an extra dollar or two.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 years later...