Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Friendship is Magic #40 is :SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:

Steve Piranha

Synopsis 

The untold first meeting of Twilight and baby Spike! Twilight is given her most difficult task yet by Princess Celestia when she is told to take care of a baby dragon who is quite a handful! Will Twilight learn the right lesson in caring for another?

MLP%2BFiM%2B40%2BRI%2BCVR.jpg

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/12/exclusivemy-little-pony-friendship-is_15.html

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
Friendship is Magic #40 is :SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:

This title should have...like 7 or 8 more 'E's at least.

it is absolutely that cute!

But far and away the most interesting thing about it is that it addresses the real world challenges of raising a baby while attending school.

twilight shows despondency, anger, frustration, dropped responsibilities, panic, etc 

I've never been close to someone going through that challenge, but it feels like a fair treatment:

* her fellow students resent her for disturbing them

* her teachers are pretty harsh about her progress even though they know she is too busy to keep up

* there is a lot of shame

I'm really curious how someone who has had to deal with this would feel about this comic.  

• 3 weeks later...

Eh just something else that shows Sunbutt's incompetence, saddling a baby on a 6-8 year old

I think its really sad that you look at a comic that deals with serious and emotional subject matter in an engaging and respectful way and your response is to critique the character that doesn't matter to the story.  

Celestia was just the setup to get to the interesting part.  

• 3 months later...

This comic was so touching and charming; yet it was very real, depending on who reads it, of course. While it wasn't dark or anything like that it touched upon a sensitive subject and I felt it did so admirably. Of course I question Celestia's wisdom in this case, but it worked out in the end.

Overall; a recommended read.

This comic was so touching and charming; yet it was very real...

I was telling some non-brony people about this comic, and they got really excited.  

turns out they knew a young girl that was trying to get pregnant, but who didn't -wouldn't-  understand the consequences of it.

They wanted to buy the comic to give to her to give her some perspective.  

• Brohoof 1

I was telling some non-brony people about this comic, and they got really excited.  

turns out they knew a young girl that was trying to get pregnant, but who didn't -wouldn't-  understand the consequences of it.

They wanted to buy the comic to give to her to give her some perspective.  

Should show her the Baby Cakes episode, too.