Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Much Blood Have you donated?

Creative Prop

I've given 2 pints and i'm the O type that works for anyone. :P

Tho giving blood in the future might be problematic as it says i'm not to give blood if i've spent a night with another man for at least 6 months.... or if I ever get a tattoo XD.

(I've heard the tattoo thing is one of the reasons donors have gotten kinda low in the UK)

Edited by Malinter

None, I have anemia and doctors had a hard enough time getting any blood from me during a blood test because I have "rolling veins". So, I doubt donating blood would be that good of an idea, and I'm pretty sure having really bad anemia automatically disqualifies me.

I donated blood last time the "Blood drive" was happening at my school... hated it - was scary as hell. But in the end I was tired - didn't want to eat cuz I was so tired, but you're supposed to eat afterwards. Since I didn't eat I got totally light-headed and it felt awesome - it was worth the scariness of being hooked up to whatever they hooked me up to.

The last one I was at someone fainted. It was really weird. We'd all given blood, were were all sat down and she was fine and then he just toppled forwards with no change in her expression like a robot with a power cut, she didn't even make a sound or anything. >_<

Once. And that was more than enough for me.

nothing wrong with my blood or anything. I just feel really uncomfortable around needles and can't stand the idea of having them used on me. Certainly not those huge-ass blood-sucking ones. :eww:

I donate my plasma every thursday of the week, except for this week because of christmas. It's not really blood, but plasma is something that is extracted from blood, so it counts. :P

And no, i never faint because of that, because i am a big boy. :P

As horrible as it may sound, I have never donated blood and I doubt I ever would. I don't have a fear of needles, but I do have a fear of having blood taken after having some taken when I was a teen. (it was a blood test set up by my school after they became concerned that I may have been taking drugs, yet I wasn't, didn't realise this until a few years ago)

Just remembering the pain from that day makes me wince something fierce.

I've had plenty of blood taken from me - 6 little vials in a row the other day, even!

Oh, wait... you mean like, donated for other people?  Yeah, no, they won't take mine.  Something about 'permanently deferred'... I even showed up once, but they turned me away.  Whee Crohn's.

In all seriousness, though, for those of you that have donated, thank you - I showed up once in hospital with a red blood count of something like 49 (instead of ~125).  The doctors asked me incredulously how I was still even conscious.  Two bag transfusion right then and there in emergency.  Turns out I was bleeding internally from an abscess.  Who knows what would've happened to me if that wasn't there.

• Brohoof 1

None so far... I tried to give blood a few times a year ago or so but it couldn't be taken because my arms were too soft (or something like that) for taking the blood to be safe. I can tell looking at my arms right now they'd send me away for the same reason if I tried it again anytime soon :/

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

10 pints of blood.

Actually, nope. I haven't donated any blood. Even though I am very generous, I don't plan on giving my blood to anyone else. I might become an organ donor when I die, but I'm not giving any of my blood or body parts while I'm still alive. Anyways, did any of you guys get my reference?

Edited by Ravelicious
  • Brohoof 1