Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Eloquence

Needless to say, it didn't take me very long to notice similarities between pony pop sensation Countess Coloratura (Rara) and human pop sensation Lady Gaga. If her entrance hadn't sealed the deal, her extravagant outfits and performances would have. The more I thought about it though, the more similarities between the two piled up.

It didn't take me long to see connection between Rara's unhappiness and Gaga's recent disenchantment with the music industry. In a recent interview Gaga even said that she hated spending her whole day taking selfies with people because of how fake those interactions felt, and I can't be the only one tempted to compare selfies with "hoovsies". In addition, while Rara already sounds very similar to Gaga "Ra ra" is also the first lyric in Gaga's Bad Romance. Not to mention that Gaga is currently playing a character called "The Countess" on American Horror Story.

Knowing this, I can't help but wonder if there are other references that went under the radar for me, nor can I help wondering if Lady Gaga knows she's been ponified.

Thoughts?

• Brohoof 6

Well, i called her Lady Rara right from the beginning, i mean the way she enters the scene with that Throne thing or whatever it as, all her crazy Outfits and the long hair, she reminded me almost immediately of Lady Gaga.

Also the whole Episode reminded me of this one Simpsons Episode, where Lady Gaga has a Guest appearance.

I believe Rara is based on Lady Gaga, specially since you said all the other interesting Facts.

Have no Idea how Lady Gaga would react though, if someone tells her, that this Character could be based on here...maybe she finds it funny?

I dont know...

• Brohoof 2

At the end of "The Spectacle" when she says "I am the Countess", it sounded like it had come straight out of a Gaga song. That combined with Countess and Lady being terms for Royalty and the excessiveness of her outfit in the beginning made me think of her as being similar or loosely based off of Lady Gaga.

• Brohoof 3

"The moment I was thinking of making a thread for that, DANG IT!!!" 

The Spectacle is one of the most similar songs to Lady Gaga in MLP history so far, especially on how Lady Gaga has a slow song talent as well.

• Brohoof 1

At the end of "The Spectacle" when she says "I am the Countess", it sounded like it had come straight out of a Gaga song.

I'm not a Gaga fan, but I thought "The Spectacle" was rather good! I loved the abrupt "I am the Countess" ending.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

Hey! I may be years late to this convo. But I'm a Little Monster here! (huge Lady Gaga fan) and I have noticed and am aware of literally every single similarity between Rara and Gaga! and was so happy to have seen that episode since I'm a hardcore gaga fan. here's my list:

• "RaRa" also said as lyrics in Bad Romance "Ra-ra ra ah ah"
  • "Rara" rhymes with Gaga.
  • They're both pop singers (of course lol)
  • Countess Coloratura- pony version = one of Lady Gaga's nicknames "The Countess"
  • Gaga's old Twitter name was "The Countess"
  • Lady Gaga also being an actress, has starred in the Tv Show "American Horror Story" in the season "Hotel" as a character named "The Countess". (who drinks blood lol)
  • The studs, bracelets and studded leather jacket is very similar and inspired by Gaga's "Born This Way" era, full of leather, studs and spikes.
  • The vocal chopping effect used in Coloratura's Razzle Dazzle song is commonly used in her album "ARTPOP".
  • The song Razzle Dazzle is resembling of Gaga's EDM album, ARTPOP, extremely.
  • Lady Gaga loves unicorns and ponies since she's a gay icon and even sings about it in her song "Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)"
  • Lady Gaga has a 360° deal with the (sometimes troubling) record label "Interscope Records", Which Svengallop's personality is very similar to how Interscope records works with Gaga.
  • Svengallop is supposed to be Interscope Records. Since he's her manager.
  • Coloratura's Dancers are the many male dancers Lady Gaga has on tour.
  • Countess Coloratura cares deeply about the school ponies and charity, just like how Gaga cares deeply about charity and the LGBTQ+ community and even established the "Born This Way Foundation"
  • For Gaga's era "Born This Way" she famously wore blonde hair in a pony tail with high bangs resemblant to Coloratura's high ponytail and bangs. Gaga even says "I got my bangs too high but I don't stand a chance" in her song "Hair"
  • Coloratura's eyeliner is similar to the thick black eyeliner Gaga has worn significantly for her Born This Way era.
  • Countess Coloratura arrived in a capsule/egg bed thingy which Lady Gaga has had on stage many times for the Born This Way tour.
  • Gaga has worn black veils before with her fashion sense. Even says "My veil is protection for the gorgeousness of my face." in her song "Aura"
  • When Countess Coloratura shifts from "The Countess" to just "Rara", who's more down to earth, it's alot like how Lady Gaga shifted to her "Joanne" era with more natural looks and makeup and being closer to her fans. And was more melow and soulful with her music like how Rara was when she performed "The Magic Inside".
  • Applejack's relation to Rara is like Lady Gaga's relationship with her best friend Sonja.
  • Rara is from Manehattan just like how Lady Gaga is from New York proudly.
  • Lady Gaga famously wears high heels all the time, the dress Rarity designed for Rara after Svengallop left has 'high hooves'.
  • Both Gaga and Rara play the piano for some concerts' soulful songs.

Overall, I love Countess Coloratura a lot and I love that episode! thanks to those who've already made quite noticeable observations about the similarities and they're all correct!

This was just a compiled list of everything I noticed since I know a lot about Lady Gaga, me being a fan! I've added a bunch of pictures that go with everything I've said as evidence.

0ae.jpg

301255.jpg

Df2c3yqWkAAhsHO.jpg

unicorn.PNG

dancers.PNG

c56764fae921a2987dc3985ff72b9409.jpg

Countess_Elizabeth.jpg

Picture-Lady-Gaga-Black-Veil.jpg

singer-lady-gaga-performs-onstage-during-the-53rd-annual-news-photo-1622052733.jpg

egg.PNG

d4k8hxx-e7446bdd-8e6a-46a1-bab8-b9643d6f4373.png

Lady+Gaga+Long+Hairstyles+Ponytail+s5Wa_T7BICXx.jpg

Lady-Gaga-Dresses-Toronto-Film-Festival-2018.jpg

gagadancers.PNG

egg2.PNG

LadyGagaKW.jpg

Rara is definitely based/refence of Gaga. I've never been a fan of Lady Gaga, but I really like Rara and her episode. Definitely one these character we could have seen more of, especially with Lena Hall as her voice acress

• Brohoof 1