Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you hate something because someone you dislike likes it?

ashes

Not really. I do sort of suffer from the opposite, in which I begin to hate things that everybody is getting into, just because I don't like the idea that I'm being told what to like, or something. Call it hype backlash, I guess.

• Brohoof 1

Used to be like that some time ago. Took some time for me to figure out that I am letting others control what I like/dislike indirectly, so I threw that mindset out the window.

No, I'm petty but not that petty

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Most of the time

(edited)

I hate Basketball 5 years in the past cause my bullies who play basketball are teasing me for being 'weak' and 'soft' since I don't play it, but today since I don't see their faces, I no longer hate basketball. 

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, someone who hurt me very badly was a huge fan of Tool, so when I think of Tool or hear any of their songs, it reminds me of him and I just immensely dislike the band as a result.

It's not as bad as it once was, I healed enough to move beyond the 'guilty by association' thing. I never unfairly judged their quality of music nor assumed their band members' standards or something, I get it, the last thing a musician wants to be is a painful reminder to somebody.

Used to when I was a kid. But nowadays I like everything that is good, because it is good.

The same goes for liking things that someone you dislike hates it. That is even stupider!

• 4 weeks later...

No, but my sister has a problem with that, she has loved cats all her life and as soon as she met.....lets call her "Toxic Friend" and as soon as she met toxic friend she hated cats all because toxic friend didn't like them, all because cats are not dogs (yes you read that right)