Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you do with a small loan of a million dollars?

Gambit

I'd give it back, I'm certainly not an entrepreneur and I hate being in debt. Maybe I'd start a small indie game studio and try to generate some kind of revenue to pay off the loan as soon as possible.

• Brohoof 1

I'd be too nervous to do anything with it. No guarantees I'd be around long enough to repay it (in fact I'm just going to say that it's very unlikely), and then it would end up falling on my parents. No thanks, they have done enough for me.

EDIT: Wait, I just saw the words "small loan", and I was like "Wait... Small?!" and I just got what this topic was parodying. Lol.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 3

Probably give it back, as others have suggested.

Even 5% interest per year is 50k, so basically I'd be a millionaire that would have to either work a high paying job full time anyways to pay off the interest, and/or be faced with an impossible to pay off debt if investing doesn't work.  :P Too low of a chance at success for my liking.

I would rather just work my way up modestly.

Invest it in lottery tickets; odds are one of them will return the jackpot of $25 million dollars or more :P .

Oddly enough, powerball jackpot odds (for example) are actually about one in 175 million. Kinda makes me wonder how people even manage to win, sometimes...  :wacko:

A hard choice but it depends on when I'd have to pay the loan back.  Ideally, if I was granted a loan of one million dollars I'd invest much of it with a financial adviser then put the remaining amount in a short term C.D and have the interest from the C.D filtered into my bank account before it roles over.  

I would turn it down, I don't need a load for a million dollars, if I have an idea good enough for a million dollar loan then it is good enough to get it crowd funded on kickstarter and not have to pay the stupid bank any interest LOL that is what most people do now anyways, that or they get venture capitalists to invest.

I am going into Manhattan and I am going to pay them back. and I am going to pay them back with interest. I am coming into Manhattan, I will be buying up properties, and I will do great. But everyone is saying that this will never work. And then I will run for president and build a wall to mexico.

Or was this serious? If so I would pay back immediately. I have tests to study for, It would take years to spend 1 million dollars.

• Brohoof 1

If it is a loan then forget that but if someone just gave me it in general then I'd give it to me mum because I'm a kid and I have nothing to do with money right now

I would buy a oil rig and make even more money.

you won't make much now that oil is down to like 34 dollars a barrel, it is only a little bit over the cost of production, there is an oil glut right now

not only that but i doubt you could get an oil rig and a crew to run it for a million,and then you have to FIND the oil to pump LOL

Invest it in lottery tickets; odds are one of them will return the jackpot of $25 million dollars or more :P .

yeah, so even if you bought a million tickets that would still only give you about a what? like 1 in 175 chance of winning?because the odds of winning the lottery are like 175-200 million to one, you could spend all that money on tickets and then LOSE! not only that but good luck hiring people to scan the million tickets to find the one that is the winner if you do manage to hit it. it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack, that would be a truck load of tickets LOL

Edited by simba86
  • Brohoof 1

I wouldn't take such a loan to begin with. The only possible scenario when that would happen is if we knew doomsday was coming in a few days or something haha then I'd ... I don't know :V