Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you do with a small loan of a million dollars?

Gambit

I probably wouldn't even accept it because I wouldn't be able to pay it all back.

I don't need sharks after me.

I would open a franchise that i KNOW would make money. Find a place to open a McDonalds (because when was the last time you saw a McDonalds go out of business) Or maybe a Starbucks. You only really need about $60k to start a franchise, that covers the real-estate, equipment, permits and licenses and hiring and training staff. Shoot after the first two years you most certainly could pay back the loan and interest and the rest is all profit.

• Brohoof 1

Nothing. Being handed one million dollars without a solid plan to gain interest from investment is like asking for ball and chain around your ankle. There's a saying that a slave is borrower to the lender. You would have to work your whole life to pay it off and that does not even guarantee that you'll be able to. Unless you have a solid plan, loans are not something you mess with.

• 4 years later...

One million dollars is not that much money to do anything with really. However as an entrepreneur I do see an opportunity for it giving me some return. Though again it isn't that much money so I guess I would do the best with it buy for the 80% of that a large building then turn that property into apartments that I rent out. Should give me just enough to pay back the interests of the loan which I would do until paid of while using the loan for taxes. The remaining 20% of the loan I would simply use to fund my smaller businesses though paying it back would be very easy as honestly it isn't that much money and I'm pretty confident I could pay it back. Though why would I use on a building simple really just because it'll have paid back the loan by itself.

• Brohoof 1

First thing I’d do is finish my truck! :ticking: Then I’ll give some of the money to a any close friends and family and then buy my dream chunk of land in a remote rural area and build a house on it and put the rest into savings. :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

I guess I could invest some of it into stocks, but knowing my luck with these things, I'd probably end up with less money than I started with.

If the loan was long-term, then I guess I could buy apartments and rent them out or something like that.

• Brohoof 1

How the heck is 1 million dollars a small loan?  Sure, once you get past a certain amount of money, a million doesn't seem like much.  But jeez, that's way too much for me.  Also, if there's no contract with all the information revolving around that loan, I don't think I'd accept it at all.

However, if it was a gift I'd probably accept it.  I'd probably put some of it in stocks, get my driver's license, move to Toronto and go to that school I want to go to.  I'd probably take care of some other stuff that I could never afford otherwise, take my cat to more regular visits to the vet, build a new computer(nothing extravagant just something that'll last a few years without needing to be upgraded).  I could probably live off of 1 million for a while until I find work.  Or maybe buy some land on my reserve and build a house, I would love to have a small business on reserve and have a huge garden, a few chickens and an orchard of a few varying nut/fruit trees.

• Brohoof 1

I get those all the time in my email inbox. It is just a loan, nothing can go wrong?

I would never take a loan, no matter how much money!

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

It depends. Do I have to pay it back, since it is a loan after all... If so, I'd reject it, but if not, I'd restore a classic car and put the leftover money into a savings account.

Edited by DixonTheAdversary