Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you marry a pony sapien

Lithophila

As I've said before in topics like this, a horse is a horse. Absolutely not.

I agree, I do not see the need to MARRY a horse...

It's not really the same thing. That's like saying a human is the same thing as a monkey, It's not really true.

If you wouldn't marry a pony that's totally fine, especially since they aren't really real in the first place. But there's a clear difference in intelligence between them and real horses.

• Brohoof 3

It's not really the same thing. That's like saying a human is the same thing as a monkey, It's not really true.

If you wouldn't marry a pony that's totally fine, especially since they aren't really real in the first place. But there's a clear difference in intelligence between them and real horses.

I know that. But they are still horses.

Matching our intelligence is great, but it doesn't magically make me be able to be attracted to them in that way. I'm not attracted to horses. Period.

• Brohoof 1

Would you imply a relationship with them is the exact same as a relationship with a real horse then, despite the higher level of intelligence and emotions?

This is like marrying a monkey, they have a high level of intelligence, however it is a monkey.

Matching our intelligence is great, but it doesn't magically make me be able to be attracted to them in that way. I'm not attracted to horses. Period.

Oh, I don't have a problem with that. If you're not attracted you're not attracted. It's only when people start arguing it's "Wrong" for some reason that I get annoyed.

This is like marrying a monkey, they have a high level of intelligence, however it is a monkey.

Okay, this attitude does annoy me. You're saying despite their intelligence, they are "Animals" which isn't really true at all. They're no more "Animals" than we are. If they're on the exact same level of intelligence and emotions as us, how is it like marrying a monkey? Just because they look like the "Horses" of our world?

If the ponies said dating us would be like dating monkeys in the same way, as in we were the monkeys, would you agree?

• Brohoof 1

Oh, I don't have a problem with that. If you're not attracted you're not attracted. It's only when people start arguing it's "Wrong" for some reason that I get annoyed.

Okay, this attitude does annoy me. You're saying despite their intelligence, they are "Animals" which isn't really true at all. They're no more "Animals" than we are. If they're on the exact same level of intelligence and emotions as us, how is it like marrying a monkey? Just because they look like the "Horses" of our world?

If the ponies said dating us would be like dating monkeys in the same way, as in we were the monkeys, would you agree?

I don't think I will answer to these posts anymore..

I don't think I will answer to these posts anymore..

Sorry if I came across as rude or mean. That wasn't my intention, I just thought it was interesting and fun to think about. A lot of people view the idea as "Wrong" when I don't think they've put much actual thought into it, and I figured that would be interesting to point out, get you to think a little more about it, or see your viewpoint.

It's not really a big issue since they aren't real anyway, so don't worry about it.

Well, I gonna show you my answer in a pic :D

sig-4279823.large.png

Captain of Wonderbolts will probably marry and be a good pony husband to RD ^^. Having many fillies and colts together. Ponies are such heartwarming caring creatues. I wish i can take their ideals to be kind to others :kindness:

• Brohoof 1

I actually don't know, but it's interesting to think about. Not to mention that the way people balk at the idea is something I find humorous. Interspecies relationships for some odd reason are thought to be okay as long as both parties look humanoid. I can come up with loads of relationships in pop culture that are interspecies, from things like Guardians of the Galaxy, Homestuck, and Doctor Who, and no one bats an eye at any of those, but as soon as something looks like anything but an off-color human with a different feature or two suddenly there's a huge problem.

Please note that this isn't meant to be a commentary on whether or not anything is "right" or "wrong", I'm just talking to point out a bit of hypocrisy in the way we consider this notion. Obviously we won't know for sure how our species would react to the potential to enter into a relationship with members of another equally sentient species until the point if and when the opportunity presents itself.

I think way too much about the social implications of hypothetical fantasy/sci fi scenarios...

• Brohoof 2