Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you marry a pony sapien

Lithophila

I actually don't know, but it's interesting to think about. Not to mention that the way people balk at the idea is something I find humorous. Interspecies relationships for some odd reason are thought to be okay as long as both parties look humanoid. I can come up with loads of relationships in pop culture that are interspecies, from things like Guardians of the Galaxy, Homestuck, and Doctor Who, and no one bats an eye at any of those, but as soon as something looks like anything but an off-color human with a different feature or two suddenly there's a huge problem.

Please note that this isn't meant to be a commentary on whether or not anything is "right" or "wrong", I'm just talking to point out a bit of hypocrisy in the way we consider this notion. Obviously we won't know for sure how our species would react to the potential to enter into a relationship with members of another equally sentient species until the point if and when the opportunity presents itself.

I think way too much about the social implications of hypothetical fantasy/sci fi scenarios...

Perhaps it would be received like interracial marriage in the 60's? I can see some similarities, though of course this is hypothetical.

I love this thread!

Namely because it's a question I never thought to ask or had any intentions of creating.

Assuming both MLP:FIM ponies and humans live in the same world, I would not marry one because that does nothing for either species in the long run. In the short term, the only way I could be married to a pony is if it lived under the same roof as me for an extended period of time, and that's not even really marriage but my state likes to say it is.

I don't believe they will develop like human civilizations. Ponies warm hearts are guided by Celestia. The power of friendship :P

Although mane attraction existed. So there's probably a Pony Gear Rising game somewhere ^^

Before she became just a poooony ^^

medium.jpeg

Humans are flawed. But ponies are powerful heart warming creatures :kindness:

Edited by Lithophila
  • Brohoof 1

Mmm who could say no? Ponies are adorable and colorful, in any form I would marry one. Except like if I were an octopus I guess? lol

I love this thread!

Namely because it's a question I never thought to ask or had any intentions of creating.

Assuming both MLP:FIM ponies and humans live in the same world, I would not marry one because that does nothing for either species in the long run. In the short term, the only way I could be married to a pony is if it lived under the same roof as me for an extended period of time, and that's not even really marriage but my state likes to say it is.

It does though it helps cultural exchange promotes trade and such. A sign of good relations.

But I guess ponies aren't exactly marrying griffons I guess. Or at least not often.

Edited by Lil Pip

As much as i would love it to have a Girlfriend and for feeling safe from unwanted pregnancy, it would still just be strange...

I dont know, if i would be a Pony, of course i would marry a My Little Pony !

If i would be a human, that would be way to weird...even if there talk and shower and are basically like humans, just with different bodys...it would still be strange.

But if im completely, completely honest...i would probably be weak and consider it...and actually marry one.

But i dont know, i guess it has to happen in real life, for me to really decide what to do, because im unsure of what i would actually do in such a situation.

Because its very unlikely that something like that would actually happen.  :wacko:

• 2 years later...

Everyone who'd answered to this thread I'd like to say something too. 

I like Equestria's ponies and thought of marrying one of them (even if they were in real life) don't bother me at all. 

For what I know

A- They're not animal by definition, no more than we're. So not beastiality by definition. (Moral problems solved here)

B- Even if human consider this wrong they got to think of a better reason the  straight forwardly declaring them animal. (I know a few possible (but not necceserally true) reasons)

C- Humans are meant to fall in love with personality more than appearance. That's true for me. (I realized that when I found that I got a crush on RD)

D- Declaring something right or wrong superficially without going into details is wrong itself. (People used to think interracial marriages are wrong. You think they were right?)

E- I'm fine if people consider this wrong (by any mean). People tend to stay away from what they don't understand. 

That's all. Hope you all have a good day/night Sirs and Mams.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think it goes without saying that if you were marrying a pony you’d be on their world. As that is the case, certainly! :wub: The ponies in that world are intelligent creatures who talk and behave like  humans, so I personally don’t find anything weird about it. 

1DAF3D9E-F62A-43AA-B3B1-1B501DE57339.jpeg

Besides, wouldn’t Rainbow Dash make a handsome bride?:wub:

Edited by Lunar Glow
  • Brohoof 1

I nearly had a heart attack when I read that the topic title. I was imagining this monstrous apelike equine and asking myself who the hell is the crazy person proposing this idea. The answer to the intended question is still no. I beleive the reasoning behind bestiality being illegal is because it is considered obscene which is why the specifics are determined by state law, and that species outside of human beings don't have the cognitive functions to give proper consent. Whether another species being it a talking pony or alien from another planet, is sentient, is not of concern to me, because it all still falls under bestiality. You could both be consenting parties but the fact that you're different species makes me inclined to say it's wrong. I don't think sex should be had solely for the purpose of procreation because we've evolved beyond that which is why there's nothing wrong with fooling around or partaking in homosexual activities, however I am due to scorn those who don't take such things in moderation. Humans weren't meant to be intimate with any creatures besides other humans. The only way I'd consider any kind of relationship like this acceptable between someone and a pony, would be if they were also a pony, and they were permanently stuck as that species, but even then I grimace at the idea.