Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you marry a pony sapien

Lithophila

6 hours ago, SharpWit said:

Whether another species being it a talking pony or alien from another planet, is sentient, is not of concern to me, because it all still falls under bestiality. 

Forgive me for doing that but I would like to ask how.

Because the bestiality is defined as in****** between a person and and an animal. You check definition of animal you'll see any creature other than humans and plants are known as animals. But have peoples who declared that definition seen all the universe and worlds inside it. Precisely they meant any creature (on earth) who's not a human or plant. 

You consider this wrong because they're different species, then that's fine. There are severel reasons for this being possibily true.

Relationship between two fully sapient (or as you said this sentient) beings is known as xenophilia or interspecies (you can say this exophilia as well). Not bestiality. It has its own standards of being wrong and right.

You can ask me in detail if you want to. I will gladly talk to you.  Don't take any of my words as offense. 

I just don't agree with you at this.

Thank you very much.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, An Admirer said:

Because the bestiality is defined as in****** between a person and and an animal. You check definition of animal you'll see any creature other than humans and plants are known as animals. But have peoples who declared that definition seen all the universe and worlds inside it. Precisely they meant any creature (on earth) who's not a human or plant. 

2 hours ago, An Admirer said:

Relationship between two fully sapient (or as you said this sentient) beings is known as xenophilia or interspecies (you can say this exophilia as well). Not bestiality. It has its own standards of being wrong and right.

Obviously your aware that many people have been sharing the view that this would be bestiality, and I must thank you for providing a new word to my vocabulary on the matter, but it seems the difference between bestiality and xenophilia is that bestiality specifies that the creature in question is not intelligent where as xenophilia does not, so bestiality falls within the circle of xenophilia, making it easy to see why the terms are so easilly confused. This isn't helped by the common initial reasoning for bestiality being considered wrong because it's a relationship with another species. But it's that reasoning that knowing the correct terms doesn't change anything for anyone. It's like someone posting an image of the color purple, and you comment saying you don't like the color purple, and someone else steps in to correct you that it's actually violet so you shouldn't dislike it, but of course you still dislike it because the differences are negligible.

@SharpWit 

First I'd like to thank you to understand what I meant.

I understand why would you consider that wrong and I'll not force my opinion upon you. 

This is not my first time being in an controversial topic like this. People usually tends to confuse both terms. But as non of the party members is animal so calling this bestiality would be wrong.

Both creatures have a high standard of morals and principles. Both are equally intelegent.

And believe me, whether you like or dislike the fact.

But suppose that suddenly a portal opened up and like in many stories human and pony's world are joined together, and then suddenly one day you meet an Equestrian mare let's say at wherever you work as your coworker. You both likely to talk and spend time together and maybe you began to like her in a platonic way. And by the time she began to like you too. And soon despite the fact you both are different species you starts to like each other even more. (If two people of opposite gender have good understanding and respect for each other they're likely (not strictly) to fall for each other). Now at this point you'll worried about yourself that you're doing something really wrong by liking her like that. Then maybe you'll start to ponder that why do yoi like her in first place. There could be many reasons, one of which is

Maybe you always wanted a woman of her personality to be your spouse. Only thing which concerns you is her appearance. Then you ponder a little more. Wouldn't it be wrong to reject her only because she's different than you. So what would you do then.

I bet it'll be really hard to say her no, without feeling awefully bad for this. Then only thing you'll despise will be your differences. You'd wish that may there be a way for you two to be together.

(The point of this fanfiction is to show that loving a FIM Pony in that way, is not same as lo***** an *disgusted expression* animal. Some people will still say that they could never fall in love with a (FIM) Pony but you'll never know until you're in such a condition/situation/scenario yourself)

Same as before, just a little explaination of my thoughts and no offense on anyone who's not interested in such a relationship.

15 minutes ago, An Admirer said:

Maybe you always wanted a woman of her personality to be your spouse. Only thing which concerns you is her appearance. Then you ponder a little more. Wouldn't it be wrong to reject her only because she's different than you. So what would you do then.

I bet it'll be really hard to say her no, without feeling awefully bad for this. Then only thing you'll despise will be your differences. You'd wish that may there be a way for you two to be together.

That might be true but I can only speak for myself on that, and for me it wouldn't be that hard because I have a different, more objective view than most people when it comes to relationships.

12 minutes ago, SharpWit said:

That might be true but I can only speak for myself on that, and for me it wouldn't be that hard because I have a different, more objective view than most people when it comes to relationships.

If you say so. 

Because I believe several others wouldn't find this that easy to say no.

And there'd be several others who'd say yes without thinking thrice or even twice. As for me I'd be worried for a while then I'd say definitely yes. 

(edited)

"Would you marry a pony sapien?"

I don't have much reason not to, whether I'm also a pony or if I'm a human, getting married to a pony would be like a dream come true, especially if that mare was Rainbow Dash :wub: 

I guess I'm thinking in terms of MLP ponies, but in terms of real ponies being able to talk and such, I would still marry them as they are intelligent creatures who can feel love too, so if we feel a pull towards each other, then I still don't think there's any reason to not get married :proud:

Edited by King of Canterlot
  • Brohoof 2

22 minutes ago, An Admirer said:

If you say so. 

Because I believe several others wouldn't find this that easy to say no.

And there'd be several others who'd say yes without thinking thrice or even twice. As for me I'd be worried for a while then I'd say definitely yes. 

Keep in mind as large as this community is, there's a clear divide within it, and most people outside of it are going to say no as well. I'd even wager that a fair number of people avoided this topic because of what it entails.

(edited)
57 minutes ago, SharpWit said:

Keep in mind as large as this community is, there's a clear divide within it, and most people outside of it are going to say no as well. 

Yes, there is always difference between opinions on many things. And that's a good thing, you know why:-

Because there also will be a fair number of people considering this right.

And for the post of @Nightmare Terror

54 minutes ago, Nightmare Terror said:

Ewwww. Technically he didn't. Because question was would you marry a pony sapien (FIM Pony). Not a real life pony of earth. In fact that's just most disgusting thing I ever heard. 

I must wash my brain now to forget what I just read. Disgusting.

Edited by An Admirer

I'd do it. I'd marry a pony sapien. They're just cartoon ponies so it doesn't seem like bestiality to me. In any case I don't care. I like cartoon characters; they're attractive and appealing. Sign me up. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

This topic and its comments are very similar to the "Would you date an Alicorn" topic. As such, I'll say the same idea here which I did there. 

For procreation, humans are only compatible with other humans. All scientific attempts have failed to successfully mix human DNA with DNA from other species. Then, you add the moral and ethical implications of the relationship, and it only becomes more taboo and disgusting. 

But here, we're not talking about real-life animals; we're talking about magical, fictional characters. Not only that, but we're not really discussing the idea of a real-life person having offspring with said magical, fictional characters. (At least, I haven't seen it yet in the comments.)

So allow me to break the ice on this issue: What if the taboos and moral issues weren't the source of the problem? I think it all comes down to offspring; if a real-life person has "relations" with an animal, the best-case scenario is a horrible mutant-thing, if anything. We don't have any Fauns, Satyrs, (goat-people) Centaurs, etc. 

But what if that situation was reversed? What if by marrying an Equestrian, you wouldn't need to worry about your offspring being horribly mutated? What if the result of Me+Twilight/Applejack/Dash/Rarity/Fluttershy/Pinkie/Somepony was a centaur, without any birth defects? What then? What are the true mental barriers which stop the relationship? 

For me, if procreation/morality wouldn't be a problem, I'd be happy to marry Applejack, even with her as a pony and myself as a human. If procreation isn't a problem, and we're limiting the conversation to talking about relationships with human-level (or even superior) intelligence, then I think the morality issue isn't an issue anymore. 

The next step/issue becomes nothing more than personal preference. If we're talking about a world where procreation isn't a problem between sapient ponies and people, then the only question becomes, "Do I want to stay as a human and have centaur offspring, or do I want to become a sapient pony and have sapient pony offspring?" Personally, I could go either way on this one. What would Applejack prefer? I'd probably just give the choice to her. (This isn't taking racism into account. If my centaur offspring are shamed because they're centaurs, I'd become a sapient pony to avoid that situation.)

Edited by DJSuits
to fix typo

• 2 years later...
8 hours ago, Scar said:

No way, that is bestiality.

it'd be bestiality if it was an actual horse, but as a pony sapien is about as sentient as humans, it really wouldnt be

I mean I would if they would even go near me with a 10ft barge pole

9 hours ago, Sherbie-kun <3 said:

it'd be bestiality if it was an actual horse, but as a pony sapien is about as sentient as humans, it really wouldnt be

I mean I would if they would even go near me with a 10ft barge pole

I consider it bestiality regardless of intelligence, because of the form it is in. It's not even attractive, like what the hell lol.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Scar said:

I consider it bestiality regardless of intelligence, because of the form it is in. It's not even attractive, like what the hell lol.

What do you mean by "...the form it is in"? Are you referring to the simple fact that you're human and an MLP pony is a non-human?

If that's what you refer to, what about the Equestria Girls versions? Or what if you became a pony upon entering Equestria? (In the Equestria Girls movies, they always change from ponies to humans when they enter the EQG world, and they always change from humans to ponies when they enter Equestria through the portal.)

If you were the same species, then the beastiality wouldn't be an issue. 

13 hours ago, Sherbie-kun <3 said:

it'd be bestiality if it was an actual horse, but as a pony sapien is about as sentient as humans, it really wouldnt be...

Remember that the rules of the question don't say you have to be an MLP pony. Beastiality is a human having sexual relations with a non-human. So if a human was in Equestria, it could still be considered beastiality if the human-in-Equestria married an MLP pony. 

The issue, then, as I wrote about before, is compatibility. In the real world, beastiality results in either a horribly mutated thing, or results in nothing happening at all. Beastiality doesn't create satyrs, fauns, centaurs, or any other fictional mix of human and animal. However, in Equestria, we just don't know what would happen. We saw Flurry Heart born as a natural alicorn, so maybe a centaur would be possible? But that hasn't been brought up in canon. Every time an Equestria Girls human comes to Equestria, (through the portal, anyway) he/she becomes a pony. So there hasn't been any opportunity for a human/pony pairing in MLP: FiM. 

If (genetic) compatibility wasn't a problem, then I wouldn't see any major problems with a human/mlp-pony pairing. The main reason beastiality is a problem in real life is because non-humans:

• Don't have human-level intelligence

• Aren't genetically compatible with humans. 

Both points are equally valid on a secular level. 

The biggest trouble a question like this thread has is that people sometimes can't separate the real world from the fictional world. IRL, equines are nowhere near humans either physically or mentally. So, IRL, people and equines can't mix on anything other than the owner/pet level. But in fictional worlds, any character can have human-level intelligence, regardless of species. In a fictional world, a cat, or a dog, or a pony, can be just as intelligent, or perhaps even more intelligent, than the humans within that fictional world. (And it's because the fictional characters are created/voiced/acted by humans.) Humans create the fictional characters; humans create the fictional worlds. 

For MLP, you might as well ask if I'd marry Tara Strong or Ashleigh Ball, rather than asking if I'd marry Twilight Sparkle, or Applejack/Rainbow Dash. (Counterpoint: the voice actresses aren't the characters; they simply voice the characters. However, when you think of Twilight, Applejack, RD, Rarity, etc., you likely hear the voice actress's voice in your head.) The humans who write and voice the fictional characters are the ones who bring the characters into life. The fictional characters only seem real, and they only seem to have human-level intelligence *because* they were created and played by humans. 

So, instead of thinking so much about whether you would marry a fictional MLP pony, the better question is:

"Which MLP characteristics would you want your spouse to have?"

The reason we think so highly of the MLP characters is that they demonstrate things we want people to be. We want people to be innocent like Fluttershy is innocent. We want people to be honest like Applejack is honest. We want people to be loyal like Rainbow Dash is loyal. We want people to be enthusiastic about what they enjoy, like pretty much all the MLP ponies are enthusiastic. And yes, we want people (girls) to be cute and cutesy and adorable. We like the MLP ponies because that's how they were written. The MLP ponies were written with some of humanity's best traits in mind. (Kindness, loyalty, honesty, and even genuine repentance and a little bit of regret– they're all shown.)

38 minutes ago, DJSuits said:

What do you mean by "...the form it is in"? Are you referring to the simple fact that you're human and an MLP pony is a non-human?

If that's what you refer to, what about the Equestria Girls versions? Or what if you became a pony upon entering Equestria? (In the Equestria Girls movies, they always change from ponies to humans when they enter the EQG world, and they always change from humans to ponies when they enter Equestria through the portal.)

If you were the same species, then the beastiality wouldn't be an issue. 

As that I am human and the pony is non-human. Even equestria girls I wouldn't. If I was the same form I might be then, but if I am not in the same form then I wouldn't marry or get engaged. 

• Brohoof 1

Why not? I don't discriminate pony sapiens (it is sapiens, not sapien. And to be even more correct, it would be Pony Sapiens Sapiens, because just like us, they know that they know)