Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Fallout Equestria: Project Rebirth

Nintenboy195

Hello every pony, Nintenboy195 here to announce my latest project. And because pf this, I have decided to cancel two of my older ones. Which are "Mlp Super Mario Bros Wii" and "Smile PC". This is a tech demo inspired from fallout equestria. And as I said in the video, I am not completely going off the canon of FoE, this is my interpretation.

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EtNOwtqa4w

Posters

sig-4280325.sig-4280325.keyh5s.png

sig-4280325.sig-4280325.2zxqaux.png

Credit to Morning Glory for Nintenboy195 Illustration

Note: reuploaded vid. there was a problem.

More artwork that will be featured in Fallout Equestria: Project Rebirth.

the_spectacular_scooterman_billboard_by_

falloutequestria_project_rebirth_campaig

falloutequestria_project_rebirth_campaig

I know this seems kinda weird right now, but trust me, all will make sense soon! ^^

7139yu.jpg
Another peice of artwork. This is another billboard.

2r6lj4k.png

Here is the entrance to Rebirth City Park.

Here is another update of Fallout Equestria: Project Rebirth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLxfeZMPbp0

Edited by Nintenboy195
  • Brohoof 3

I would change the posters to an OC name instead of your username because I doubt ponies would call each other something like that. Another thing is I think the Sparkle-Cola bottle should have a unique shape but I have no idea what so I guess it is ok.

Other than that this looks cool.

• Brohoof 1

If this is a FoE project, all the streets and buildings needs more dirt and things destroyed, and the enviromental lightning less brilliant, with dust and things like that, but i supose is WIP and needs more time.

I would love to see where the project is going  :twi:

• Brohoof 1

If this is a FoE project, all the streets and buildings needs more dirt and things destroyed, and the enviromental lightning less brilliant, with dust and things like that, but i supose is WIP and needs more time.

He didn't say anything about it but maybe he plans on doing a pre-war intro like in Fo4

• Brohoof 1

I have nothing personally against you and i like that you're trying to make those games, but i hate what you're doing with them.

You're trying too hard to show to the world that you're doing something and you say "this is gonna be there, that is gonna be here and i'm gonna put this and that and those" but you don't say much "this is done, this is here, i have this and this is done".

You don't "show off" some objects, most of them with no textures, and say this is a game. You can't even call that "in very alpha" because its literally nothing there! All you have done is created some objects, gave them textures and implemented the camera, and everything coding wise has been done by Unity which pretty much is like downloading a picture, adding some bits to it and say that you done it.

I think you're young and you're kinda doing this for attention and popularity from those who are not interested in game development and have no knowledge of it. Why did you have to make a video and couldn't just make a thread here telling people what you wanna do and what to expect and then get working on the game and later on release it or release an alpha that its actually an alpha (something that can be played)? My Little Pony FPS could have been done in a week and that including your school and homework or in a weekend. Or at least you could've release an "alpha" in that time.

My advice is that you stop making games "for the brony community" and start making games not for release but just for yourself.

Start with small game sin mind like a simple text-based adventure game or a simple platformer and get experience. Learn how to use different tools/libraries, experiment with code, try to do silly stuff with it just to see what happens. And then when you feel like you are ready for a game that should be released then make one, but do not even try to show it off without polishing it good and making it playable. Let's say you wanna publish a game and you don't have the nice brony community, do you think people would even care about your game if you show something like you showed now? Nope. They don't care that you're just starting up with games or what you're gonna do in the future if the game you're presenting isn't even playable.

Now go ahead, call me an asshole for being realistic and not "nice".

EDIT: My mistake, you don't even have a camera. If those would have been done without Unity in say C++ using a 3D library and you would have a camera too, then i would be really impressed.

Edited by Ken

Now go ahead, call me an asshole for being realistic and not "nice".

No thanks, instead I'll tell you that I want to do my own thing. Your not my boss m8. I go my own path.

I think you're young and you're kinda doing this for attention and popularity

So anyone who makes fan art/ fan anything is evil? Yeah, I want a reputation... Thats why people make fan art... They do it because they love the act, and they could get to be a respectable person in the fandom... 

You don't "show off" some objects, most of them with no textures, and say this is a game.

Thats why it hasn't been released... :\

My Little Pony FPS could have been done in a week and that including your school and homework or in a weekend. Or at least you could've release an "alpha" in that time.

Hah... Wish that was true...

Why did you have to make a video and couldn't just make a thread here telling people what you wanna do and what to expect

Because I wanted to prove that I'm not bullshitting, to show people that I'm working on this.

Well, This is more of a prequel, but not completely canon to fallout equestrian. This is my interpretation.

He didn't say anything about it but maybe he plans on doing a pre-war intro like in Fo4

Percisely! ^^

No thanks, instead I'll tell you that I want to do my own thing. Your not my boss m8. I go my own path.

So anyone who makes fan art/ fan anything is evil? Yeah, I want a reputation... Thats why people make fan art... They do it because they love the act, and they could get to be a respectable person in the fandom... 

Good luck then.

You could've just make a thread and post pics of the art you're gonna use, didn't have to make a videos showing off your crappy frame rate and something that just isn't anything really.

I had the chance to work with Unity and trust me, in just a day you can make your MLP FPS game and then spend another day getting textures for it and all of that and then a few more hours to polish it if it needs. That's how easy is to work with Unity. That's why Unity (or any other game engines that are easy to use for beginners) was made, to speed up the development time and having the developers focus more on the game than the technical stuff like how to render 3D object, how to create a camera etc.

That isn't even fan art because, as i said, you did pretty much nothing. :P

Edited by Ken

That isn't even fan art because, as i said, you did pretty much nothing. :P

Easy for you to say m8. You have no idea. I recommend if you dislike these projects so much, that you don't respond to them anymore. I don't want you to loose anymore sleep than you have already lost... I mean, For me it says you responded at 3 am...  

Easy for you to say m8. You have no idea. I recommend if you dislike these projects so much, that you don't respond to them anymore. I don't want you to loose anymore sleep than you have already lost... I mean, For me it says you responded at 3 am...  

"I don't want you to lose anymore sleep than you already lost...i mean, for me it says you responded to 3 AM" - your logic kills me xD

It syncs with my local time, and my clock is not working correctly. Its like an hour ahead and when it should be PM, it's AM sooo...i can't even be bothered to fix that really cuz i don't use it. But doesn't it show the time of post in your time zone? Oh, i thought it does that. Anyway don't worry, if i don't sleep its not because i am eager to answer you but i either can't sleep or i am working late.

I don't dislike your projects, i kind of dig them because, well...mlp and stuff. But its just that in my opinion you're doing it for the wrong reasons. You can't program nor have experience with Unity yet you start showing off your future games like that? People that really love creating games make fucking pong clones and they don't even give them to their friends because well its just...pong. There's nothing new to it nor it looks pretty, but they still do it. Why? Because they wanna make a game and get their hands dirty playing with code and mechanics. You, on the other hand, are something like "i wanna make games for people to play, but learning and failing and trying over and over again seems kinda boring...so i'll just skip that and hope i can somehow combine them and get something good out of it while advertising things that i cannot do with my current knowledge".

I see that no one shares the same opinions with me and i'm kinda out of place and an "asshole" for not telling you how lovely your "games" are *cuz they aren't* and instead i am, well...doing this. I am being realistic. And it doesn't matter what kind of forum this is, what you do is still not good.

Thus, i will stop posting on your threads. I wish you good luck with your game and i hope that me being an "asshole" actually gave you a reason to get serious and prove me wrong. :P

Edited by Ken

• 4 months later...