Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Warm Wishes at Hearthmoon Village! (RP Thread)

Akari of Duskshire

OOC Thread:  https://mlpforums.com/topic/144185-warm-wishes-at-hearthmoon-village-solromance/#entry4280560

Cold.  That was what Frostfall felt for much of her life.  The sunlight of day only marginally warmed her more compared to the night, even on rather clear days like today.  Shivering, she lowered her head into her thick scarf, walking to the house where the harbormaster worked and lived so that she could deliver the last letter in her bags.

Standing at the mailbox, she levitated the letter out of her now near-weightless bags and, upon taking a mere glance at it, could only laugh.  Perfumed with the tangy, sweet, and slight pine scent of frost berries with the address written in rather sloppy cursive writing was a pink envelope she could only guess was from his equally-shy lover.

So facing the envelope down toward the ground, she slipped it into the mailbox and prepared to leave.

"Oi, Frostfall!"  A gruff voice called out from the partially empty pier.  In a flash of teal light, she was a few feet in front of him.

"Hey Anchor Ridge my friend, what's up?"

"Not much IS up, save for the flag.  Looks like we have us another group of tourists."

She looked out into the distance and saw a ship approach in the distance.  With it's more sleek look compared to the rough wooden boats Anchor Ridge's workers used to get to the lighthouse out in the distance and back and the rusty trade ships, both the mail carrier and the harbormaster recognized it as a boat carrying tourists who would've boarded at Vanhoover if they didn't decide to take the land route along the coast of Luna Bay.  Since no railroads ran to their town, the only terrestrial method of travel was on hoof or by wing if one was able to fly.

"What do you think, Frostfall?  How weird do you bet these new faces will be?"

"Hmmm...  I'm willing to bet that there's going to be a griffon onboard.  You?"

"I managed to win the last bet, so I'm guessing there's going to be an allicorn."

Frostfall snorted.  "An ALLICORN?!  Did she convince you to be generous today or something?"

"One more mention of her out here and your flank is going into the sea, little filly," Anchor Ridge said, glancing about to make sure none of his workers overheard.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

On board the ship, it wasn't exactly a happening place on deck.  The temperature dropping, most had gone inside to stay warm and enjoy the hot cocoa and hot apple cider they served in the bar.  And even though Hearthmoon Village was shaping up to be more of a town, it normally wasn't on the top of a lot of folks' lists of places to visit.

Seeing that they were very close to their destination, the captain announced over the PA system,"We are now approaching Hearthmoon Village.  Be ready for departure.  If you don't plan on lingering here, we will leave in three hours upon landing."

More entered the inside of the ship to retrieve their luggage.  They were shivering badly due to dressing in light clothing or even nothing at all as a result of underestimating the cold and deciding to tough it out anyways.  One gentle colt even got frostbite and had to get medical help.

Dawn smiled as she sat in her room. The alicorn had remembered to bring a coat and was thankful for that. Even though she was adept in cryokinesis, the weather was still to cold for her. She then glanced at the dragoness that she was sharing her room with and tilted her head, concered for her friend. "How are you holding up?"

Gale glanced at Dawn and gave a weak smile. "A bit tired and cold, but nothing that bad." She said. The dragoness had flown at high altitudes before, so she was somewhat used to the cold. That being said, she was wearing a custom jacket and a fur hat. Eventually, both headed up to the top deck with their bags in tow.

Edited by Drago Ryder

Serenity was admiring the view of the beautiful, Hearthmoon village. Since serenity forgot to bring her jacket, she was shivering her muzzle off. "Is this really this necessary for this time of season to have very cold weather?" She shivered, regretting the idea to not bring her best jacket. With a gentle sigh, she got up with her small , green suitcase next to her. When the captain made his announcement Serenity was one step ahead of him.. Heading towards the exit of this silent boat.

"Well, at least I'll be able to get a decent sleep in this town.." She yawned gently, hearing the boat slowing down.

Summer had been either asleep most of the voyage or trying to sleep, had seen a few ponies here and there a dragon too. She was on her way to meet up with some of her extended family further inland but that wasn't planned for a while yet so she had decided on going a scenic route and would take her time going to Orange Grove. This whole trip was an excuse to see more of the world and enjoy being a tourist, and not working for once. She was nearly alone on the ships deck most had gone inside, the cold never affected her since she turned simply did not feel it a small bonus to being a apple vampire, she guessed taking in the small town that the ship was coming into port to was a nice thing to simply sit and watch...

Mist was already on the top deck when the captain had made his announcement. He hasn't gotten much sleep, probably due to his stressful job as Luna's royal guard, so he had decided that he would come up on deck to feel the cool breeze on his face. As he looked out towards the shore line he wondered what there was to do here. When his friend told him that this small town would be a good place for a holiday he hasn't given many details. But Mist knew he'd find out eventually and he'd probably have a fun time doing it. Mist picked up his thing and decided to join the other passengers that were waiting to depart.

Left hook, uppercut, right smash, double one-two. These moves ran though shamrocks head as she stood in a open part of the ship. Doing a bit of shadow boxing to keep herself warm. The only thing she had on was a thick fur jacked and her old brown drivers cap. The rest of her was bare. She was heading north to one of the coldest parts of Equestria.  The reason of why was so she could to a training camp. A friend of hers from suggested it to her while she was looking for some place that'll really put some more hair on her chest.

The cold made it a little hard to breath her her bones were chilled, But it only made her more pumped for training, The tougher the better. While she was at it maybe she could meet some of the local mares while she was at it. She smirked to herself as she thought of that last part. 

On the outside the ship, on a platform facing the direction of the village. An earth pony wearing a green scarf and carrying a brown leather backpack sat a bit precariously on the metal railings as he enjoyed the cold winter air.

Seeing that they were very close to their destination, the captain announced over the PA system,"We are now approaching Hearthmoon Village.  Be ready for departure.  If you don't plan on lingering here, we will leave in three hours upon landing."

"I guess I should be going soon" he thought as he cracked a smile, He didn't bring much on his trip but his back pack and the few essentials he carried inside. That and quite a lot of bits that he kept protected with a special lock in his bag's front pocket. " this'll be a fun trip" he happily whispered to himself swinging his legs a bit before getting off the railings and walking back inside the ship.

Edited by Vulcan

Seeing the amount of ponies that were heading towards her way made Serenity a bit.. Outcast. She backed up a bit so the extra crowd of ponies can get through to get out first. Unlike her, she wasn't quite used to big crowds, especially in a group she wouldn't feel like one of them.. She would feel like a "Odd one out". Some ponies bumped into the mare, making her apologise quietly. This was her first ever time going towards a country, on a boat. Among the ride made her go queasy, the sick feeling in her throat started to boil up in her throat but she decided to push it down. She didn't want the ponies to stare at her since it was so cold.

Seeing the amount of ponies that were heading towards her way made Serenity a bit.. Outcast. She backed up a bit so the extra crowd of ponies can get through to get out first. Unlike her, she wasn't quite used to big crowds, especially in a group she wouldn't feel like one of them.. She would feel like a "Odd one out". Some ponies bumped into the mare, making her apologise quietly. This was her first ever time going towards a country, on a boat. Among the ride made her go queasy, the sick feeling in her throat started to boil up in her throat but she decided to push it down. She didn't want the ponies to stare at her since it was so cold.

As Vulcan walked to the exit he noticed a young purple mare with an expression on her face that he was all too familiar with. He walked towards her as he bumped a bit into the crowds. "Hi" he nervously smiled. "I.... I'm Vulcan" he stuttered a bit. "sorry for bothering you I noticed you looked a little queezy and also a bit cold" He smiled taking off his green scarf and handing it to her "here you go,can't do much about the queeziness though." he grinned, Vulcan was always a bit weird when it came to introductions.

As Vulcan walked to the exit he noticed a young purple mare with an expression on her face that he was all too familiar with. He walked towards her as he bumped a bit into the crowds. "Hi" he nervously smiled. "I.... I'm Vulcan" he stuttered a bit. "sorry for bothering you I noticed you looked a little queezy and also a bit cold" He smiled taking off his green scarf and handing it to her "here you go,can't do much about the queeziness though." he grinned, Vulcan was always a bit weird when it came to introductions.

Serenity looks at the stallion who was giving her his scarf. "T-thank you sir.." She nervously said, not really looking the stallion as she put on the scarf. Almost immediately, the queasy feel sunk back down to a alright feeling, which calmed her down a bit. "N-n-names Serenity.. It's nice to meet you V-Vulcan.." She stammered, not feeling quite keen to say it with her head up. Pushing her glasses back up, she looks at the pony who was a gentlecolt to her. "S-so.. I guess you are getting off at Hearthmoon Village?" She asked, coughing gently from the days she had without her jacket besides her.

Serenity looks at the stallion who was giving her his scarf. "T-thank you sir.." She nervously said, not really looking the stallion as she put on the scarf. Almost immediately, the queasy feel sunk back down to a alright feeling, which calmed her down a bit. "N-n-names Serenity.. It's nice to meet you V-Vulcan.." She stammered, not feeling quite keen to say it with her head up. Pushing her glasses back up, she looks at the pony who was a gentlecolt to her. "S-so.. I guess you are getting off at Hearthmoon Village?" She asked, coughing gently from the days she had without her jacket besides her.

"I-... I am" he smiled at the mare. " sorry I tend to stutter when I'm nervous" he apologized as he scratched the back of his head." I'm travelling there for my vacation , well, my assistant sort of pushed me into it" He continued as he thought of maple.He looked towards the young mare wearing his scarf.

"that scarf looks good on you" he blushed looking away from her.

Edited by Vulcan

"I-... I am" he smiled at the mare. " sorry I tend to stutter when I'm nervous" he apologized as he scratched the back of his head." I'm travelling there for my vacation , well, my assistant sort of pushed me into it" He continued as he thought of maple.He looked towards the young mare wearing his scarf.

"that scarf looks good on you" he blushed looking away from her.

Serenitys eyes went small as she blushed gently. "T-thanks.. And don't worry.. I tend to studded a lot too so.. It's no big deal for shy ponies like me.." She giggled and smiled gently, noticing the amount of ponies talking. Ringgggggg.. A ringing sound struck into her ear as the noise grew louder and louder. So much that the Pegasus couldn't hear a thing. "S-should we go join the queue and wait until the bridge goes down or should we just stay here and let everypony out?" She tried to shout, the chatting noises grew 4x louder.

When they docked Shamrock got back on all fours again and head to her room to grab her things. She packed lightly because there wasn't much she needed. A change of warm clothing, a jump-rope and some pretty heavy strap on weights. As soon as she got on land and find a room at a inn she was going to put them on and keep them on for all the time she will be there.

When she had her things she made her way off the ship. Her hooves were freezing as she walked though the snow covered ground. It made her shiver and her teeth chatter. 

Summer had all her possessions with her, all her life or what she really needed fit neatly in but two satchels (cannon ones), As they approached the dock she took off and slowly flew to a cloud to look at what the town looked like her eyes picked up the commotion of the dock the coming and goings of the residents and various activities in and around the town. Seems nice enough to stay for a while hmm, Her eyes were drawn to a green earth mare @@Gloomfury, she observed as she was shivering and could see the steam coming of her breath you look cold Summer leaped of the cloud and landed behind the mare quickly caught up and said in a cheerful tone, "hey there you look cold take this." Summer pulled out a jumper and gave it to the mare, "my name is Summer and that is quite warm, you do look cold."

@,

Shamrock gave a big smile as she put on the jumper the mare gave her. "Oh you're a saint. " She said rubbing her arms. "I'm feeling warmer already. Thanks to a lass named Summer no less." She laughed as she held out a hoof. "Shamrock, thanks for the jumper. Also could you hold my hoof? I can't feel it right now and what better way  to warm them up then holding hooves with a cute mare. " She smiled. Even though she was freezing, her charisma knew no bounds. 

@@Gloomfury,@, @@VinylWubs, @, @@Dapper Charmer, @@Drago Ryder,  

When the boat docked, Frostfall and Anchor Ridge stepped back to avoid being trampled, even though they never expected huge crowds.  As the passengers began to get off, they looked closely to try and spot the kinds of folks they were betting on.  No griffon, no griffon, still no griffon...  Ah this sucks.  

"Lookin' bad for you, Frosty.  It's either a tie or my victory," Anchor said, laughing.

Dawn noticed that the boat had docked and glanced at Gale. "Looks like we're here." She said, before going to the dock.

Gale sighed and looked at the small town and didn't really know what to think of it. "I might as well enjoy this." She thought to herself, before following Dawn off the boat.

Smoking Barrel was standing over by the railing of the ship all alone, looking out over to the little icey village. As much as it was cold outside, he needed to get out of his little house in the everfree forest.

Barrel only slightly shivered, the cold didn't bother him too much at all. He was more occupied with his thoughts and just thinking about things.

He then tried to fix his scruffy, ice covered mane as he continued to look over at the village and think.

"Hmmm... Come to think of it. I should have brought some nice vodka to keep me warm on inside. That or a scarf..." Barrel said to himself.

"Well at least you got yourself out of the house... Its been too long since you went outside and did something... Hopefully this trip will be good." Barrel then sighed and kept looking over at the village.

@@Gloomfury,@, @@VinylWubs, @, @@Dapper Charmer, @@Drago Ryder,  

When the boat docked, Frostfall and Anchor Ridge stepped back to avoid being trampled, even though they never expected huge crowds.  As the passengers began to get off, they looked closely to try and spot the kinds of folks they were betting on.  No griffon, no griffon, still no griffon...  Ah this sucks.  

"Lookin' bad for you, Frosty.  It's either a tie or my victory," Anchor said, laughing.

Serenity started to head off the boat, her head hung low as she walked along the harbour. Hearing a laugh, serenity's head shot up as she made her way towards where the laughter came from. Soon as she as saw the two ponies, Serenity cleared her throat to get their attention just so she can speak to them.

"E-excuse me.. Umm.. Why are you laughing? Not to be rude or anything?" She asked, trying to act confidence although, inside herself she was flipping out.

In the distance a crimson Pegasus with a orange and yellow mane could be seen struggling mightily to stay in flight against the harsh winds of Hearthmoon. "N-nnever again w-will I g-g-go here without a-a jacket." He thought aloud, The frigid air made his voice sound more like a broken record then an actually pony. A few teeth chattering moments later The Pegasus weakly landed on a dock holding on tightly to himself to keep warm. He flew in closer to spot a of group of ponies huddled together.

@Gloomfury,@Emerald Bolt@VinylWubs@Vulcan@Dapper Charmer@Drago Ryder

"E-excuse me! Da-da-does a-anypony know wa-wa-were the nearest hotel is? I'm about to die of Hy-hy-hypothermia." 

@@VinylWubs,

"Oh, sorry, the harbormaster just thinks he has me beaten in our little bet," Frostfall said, looking at Anchor with an annoyed look but sounding very lighthearted and humored.  "We're not bullies or anything, don't worry.  Welcome to Hearthmoon Village by the way!"  

@, @@VinylWubs, @@Damonater, @@Drago Ryder, @@Gloomfury, @, @, @@Dapper Charmer,

At the sight of the shivering ponies (and dragon), Frostfall teleported herself over, stood on a crate, and shouted,"Hey friends!  There's a big ol' hearth in the center of the village if you wanna warm up.  We aren't called 'Hearthmoon' for nothing, y'know!"  She then levitated her retracted staff out, flicked it open to its full length, and pointed it toward the village.

Edited by Akari of Duskshire

@Akari of Duskshire

Serenity smiled and nodded, making her way towards the crowded ponies that were greeted by the loud mare. "Well.. First stop is too get myself warm.." She shivered a bit as she decided to stay at the back of the crowd, not very positive of huge crowds. Serenity's eyes flew open as she noticed how small, but busy the village is. Ponies trotting around, warming at the fire.. Seems like a normal village to stay for. The Pegasus sighed gently as she made her way towards the fire.

@Akari of Duskshire

Dawn watched Frost fall and smiled slightly. If this was how visitors were welcomed, then why wasn't this town more well known. A small gust of wind then blew her jacket up, revealing the tips her wings. The mare then shivered and began to walk towards the town.

Gale studied Frostfall and the harbor master for a few moments before the latter noticed the group. "Something isn't right about all of this, but what?" She thought, before following Dawn.

Dark Star lingered on in the ship, warmly dressed in his finest black fur cloak, a warm hood and scarf on his head as he stood at the stern, gazing at the water and nearing land... Vacation wasn't something he got everyday, being a captain his job was a pain and a strain, sometimes wishing he stood to his lone-wolf style of life, missing all the thrills and constant danger.

But whatever was behind him was behind him, this was his winter vacation destination, a place to calm down and chill out of the strains of everyday life, to enjoy himself and maybe meet some new people.

Seeing the all too friendly locals Star wasn't really flattered, vacations were probably a local business and they had to smile and act nice to make up a good living, otherwise nobody would visit this desolate northern town.

Standing back as everyone poured out of the boat he just shivered lightly at the casual more powerful gust of cold wind that his fur wouldn't deflect, clearly not in a hurry. Letting everyone leave before finally getting off the ship and finding himself at the docks, casually glancing around at the houses and people.

This should be a fun trip...

@@Gloomfury,

Summer's face turned orange has her cheeks blushed and the comments made her giggle, the nice comment was embarrassing Summer wasn't sure whether Shamrock was being serious or kind, just she had never heard a comment like that from a mare to her, It was nice though nevertheless, Summer took the extended hoof however to walk together required Summer to get close to Shamrock basicly body to body, she could feel how cold she was. "My word you are cold this will help too." (OOC: not sure what side My OC is on, gonna pick right you'll see) Emerald lifted and then extended her left wing to fall over and wrap was far as she could reach around the cold mare, "that good too? Come let's go to the in where you can warm up". They both followed the group towards their destination. Is or was she really hitting on me? Looking at Shamrock as she went over the question in her mind.