Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have a special somepony?

Ravendash98

I actually think im getting somewhere with someone. Just met them via message this morning on the forum. So eagerly excited inside

That's great that you're getting along with someone. Just don't set your hopes up too high. You're still young and you have your whole life ahead of you. There's so much you can do. Do you really know if you're ready for a relationship, never mind a long distance relationship?

I can tell you from experience it's difficult and you need to be careful. I threw away 2 years of my life in a relationship on this site that wasn't going anywhere.

I don't want to sound harsh. Just don't make the same mistakes as me. Don't get carried away. Love yourself, exercise, meditate, go on a hike, and have some adventures. Be happy with life!

If you still want this person, I wish you the best of luck! Everyone's different so this may work for you.

Edited by Dsanders
  • Brohoof 3

Nope, and it's mostly my own fault. I just can't bring myself to try and jump through a bunch of hoops to end up unhappy. I figure that it'll happen when it happens. Still, I'm tentatively hopeful that I'll be able to find someone that I can make happy as much as they do me.

That's great that you're getting along with someone. Just don't set your hopes up too high. You're still young and you have your whole life ahead of you. There's so much you can do. Do you really know if you're ready for a relationship, never mind a long distance relationship?

I can tell you from experience it's difficult and you need to be careful. I threw away 2 years of my life in a relationship on this site that wasn't going anywhere.

I don't want to sound harsh. Just don't make the same mistakes as me. Don't get carried away. Love yourself, exercise, meditate, go on a hike, and have some adventures. Be happy with life!

If you still want this person, I wish you the best of luck! Everyone's different so this may work for you.

This is pretty good advice :D 

I would also say to people as well don't let it pre occupy, really , honestly coming from some bad relationships and some ''Average'' ones they aren't always as great as they are cut out to be. It is better to be in no relationship than in a bad one trust me x)  Being homosexual myself I have a hard time meeting people around where I live and don't feel like going to any gay bars nearby so I have learned to be patient from that. 

Don' have to take this advice, but I would also want to say to people try to avoid internet relationships if you can, or at least absolutely make sure 100% that the person talking to you is the person they say they are. Twice I have been tricked into a relationship online by a guy pretending to be a female, needless to say the ''relationship'' ended after that.  Soooooo if you are going to risk it, always, ask for an up to date picture, obviously don't be pervy about it, or ask them to come on voice chat or show themselves on webcam, this works both ways for guys and girls, some girls have been known to tricking girls into thinking their guys! 

If you do get into a legitimate Online relationship with someone you know is who they claim to be, you have feelings for them etc then also consider timezones, if someone is 12 hours ahead of you, that is going to lead to some late nights and other problems. Consider missing the Physical aspect of a relationship, consider the other people in ''real life'' you may miss while committing to someone on the internet, don't let yourself get paranoid or bug that person to the point where they block you, they have a life outside speaking to you on Skype or w/e. 

I hav' got to the point where I will never, ever again enter an online relationship and swinging for the same team + being cynical as all hell make it hard to get a chick IRL to but hey, maybe one day    :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Well in the traditional sense yes, irl. Thing is, we don't call each other special someponies.

We both like MLP and all, but we both laugh at that term. Heck, I laugh at my self for using that term when I used to date on the forums.

Oh my relationship? She's very sweet and has an awesome personality and is super talented. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't know. Online or rather long-distance relationships aren't for me and in my opinion completely miss the point of being in a relationship. I wouldn't engage in an online relationship if it weren't easy enough to actually meet in person and be together.

Anyway, I don't see how you can be tricked by someone because common sense suggest to be cautious about stuff like this if you barely know the person you're talking to. Then again, being bisexual takes away the problem of being tricked by a false gender. That doesn't mean people can't still lie to you about certain things but I would consider myself good enough at reading people to avoid stuff like this. I also don't think I'm the kind of person someone would even attempt to deceive xD

• Brohoof 1

I don't know. Online or rather long-distance relationships aren't for me and in my opinion completely miss the point of being in a relationship. I wouldn't engage in an online relationship if it weren't easy enough to actually meet in person and be together.

Anyway, I don't see how you can be tricked by someone because common sense suggest to be cautious about stuff like this if you barely know the person you're talking to. Then again, being bisexual takes away the problem of being tricked by a false gender. That doesn't mean people can't still lie to you about certain things but I would consider myself good enough at reading people to avoid stuff like this. I also don't think I'm the kind of person someone would even attempt to deceive xD

Considering I was like what 15 - 16 years old, Naive, lonely, yeah thanks for pointing out I didn't have any common sense, it's not like anyone else in the world gets tricked by such people when in those sort of situations. I'll take a leaf out of your book though and make sure I'm all knowing next time, or just become Bi, because that would solve all my problems right? Not everyone is you. The advice was in general and sharing an experience, would 'preciate it if you could not warp my posts to fit your own.   :please:

Online or rather long-distance relationships aren't for me and in my opinion completely miss the point of being in a relationship.

Sorry, dude, disagree.

Distance no matter when you can buy plane ticket any time and be in any point of planet next day. You live in XXI century, bro.

• Brohoof 2

Considering I was like what 15 - 16 years old, Naive, lonely, yeah thanks for pointing out I didn't have any common sense, it's not like anyone else in the world gets tricked by such people when in those sort of situations. I'll take a leaf out of your book though and make sure I'm all knowing next time, or just become Bi, because that would solve all my problems right? Not everyone is you. The advice was in general and sharing an experience, would 'preciate it if you could not warp my posts to fit your own.   :please:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean that in a condescending way, I was just voicing my personal opinion along with experience on the topic. I think your advice can be appreciated and used to avoid what happened to you before. It just seemed odd to me because I'm in general a very mistrusting person...

Sorry, dude, disagree.

Distance no matter when you can buy plane ticket any time and be in any point of planet next day. You live in XXI century, bro.

Well, it's simply not my cup of tea, I prefer not making things too complicated. Living far apart from each other just doesn't seem desirable for me personally. I wouldn't have considered dating someone online if it wouldn't have been easy to actually meet irl. Then again, my bf doesn't even live an hour away and I "can't" even meet with him due to anxiety so I'm kinda biased here .-.

Still single, still single...

There's this one girl that I really like, but she's so... well... distant. I mean, we met a few months ago, I've been trying to become friends with her, but she either doesn't like me or is just too busy to care. I think she's my kind of girl, but until we sit down and have an actual conversation with each other, nothing's gonna come of it. *sigh*

Add on the fact that she's better than me at almost everything I do, is starting to get noticed by more famous people, and already has a slew of guy friends surrounding her, and I think my chances are pretty slim...

Sorry, dude, disagree.

But not everypony has

1.The money to buy a ticket to "whoever-she/he-lives"

2.Enough time to get there or

3.Fears(You wont get in a plane, if your afraid of heights

In my case it would be all 3

But I'm still alone, so right now I don't need to think about that stuff

• Brohoof 3

Man, I really wish I have my special somepony very soon. My parents say that I'm too young to have one. I've been trying to look as cool as I can, and act nicely towards everyone for so many years, yet I just can't find anyone. I have no idea what's wrong with me.  :(

Sometimes, I feel like I am too weird for everyone...

Edited by DJ Gumball

@,

I wouldn't say you're "too weird". I'd say that according to society's standards...crap, I don't know how to say this without sounding rude...You're too kind for people these days.

Trust me, I'm in the same boat: I'm the nicest guy I know at my school, I dress a whole lot nicer than most people these days, I treat people with respect, and I actually listen to older music, which is something most people don't do.

Alas, 'tis the life for people who try to be kind and respectable in today's screwed up society. We get the short end of the stick: single and searching; meanwhile, you have people who are absolutely atrocious with boyfriends and/or girlfriends. It's completely unfair. How come nobody picks the nice guys? The answer eludes me.

• Brohoof 2