Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Women who shave their faces

ManaMinori

I personally just tried shaving my own face for the first time, after using various facial hair removing creams, even longer than the recommended time on the instrutions- but not getting the maximum result. It was only recently that I mustered the courage to buy a 5 blade razor, some shave gel, and deciding to take a whack at it. (After watching a buzzfeed video on women shaving their faces for the first time) And though nervous about the risk of cutting myself, or the hair growing back thicker, I found the results immensely satisfying.

So I want to discuss shaving; or more specifically, women who shave their faces. Men, do you approve of facial shaving for women? Or different methods of hair removal that might be considered "more feminine?".

Women, have you ever shaved your face? Did you have anyone to teach you? Or did you wing it via Youtube video? Were you satisfied with the results that a chose shave brought about? What is your preferred number of blades?

• Brohoof 2

I have shaved my face before.  I'm starting to think I should try waxing instead.

if you think you can acheive better results with waxing, then go for it. Through my own experience, and low threshold for pain, I wouldn't recommend it, but the decision is entirely up to you.

Though, if I may ask, was the time you shaved your face the first, and decidedly last? Did you cut yourself, which could be what deterred you from future attempts?

I'm male first of all. I've known two women that shave. It doesn't really bother me. I just feel bad that they have to keep shaving everyday to not have stubble. So for women, I'd say don't start unless completely necessary.

There's also a thing called "wet shaving". Supposedly, it gives you a closer/smoother shave and doesn't cause irritation. It uses a double-edge razor which only needs one blade. Haven't tried it myself but I'm interested. (this came to mind when you asked how many blades one prefers)

Edited by gyashaa
  • Brohoof 1

Fortunately, as a woman, I do not need to shave my face. Though, I do have very thick eyebrows and get them waxed. (I used to shave them when I was little and it looked horrible, but I got teased so I was desperate.)
If I had facial hair I would be screwed because I am very pale but my hair is very thick and dark, so it'd be super noticeable.

Shaving is no fun. I don't understand why a female would do it. With the exception of some disorders, I thought only men could grow facial hair?

No. Some women have facial hair. A friend of mine and one of my cousins have facial hair. And my mom only has one facial hair that she plucks. lol

Fortunately, as a woman, I do not need to shave my face. Though, I do have very thick eyebrows and get them waxed. (I used to shave them when I was little and it looked horrible, but I got teased so I was desperate.)

If I had facial hair I would be screwed because I am very pale but my hair is very thick and dark, so it'd be super noticeable.

Aww. I'm very sorry that you got teased. :( Kids are a bunch of little fuckers.  :lol: 

• Brohoof 1

Shaving is no fun. I don't understand why a female would do it. With the exception of some disorders, I thought only men could grow facial hair?

women can have facial hair. In my case, for example, due to hormone imbalances.

It also makes my voice sound deeper, like a man's, and always has. My mom, so I have been told, also had facial hair.

Ever since high school, I've had places where some longish hairs grow on my face, and my family used to make fun of me for having a "mustache" even though, in retrospect, the hairs weren't that visible. Every so often, they'll grow back in, all dark and visible now, and I have to either shave them off, or pluck them, or something. The way they feel bothers me.

I've never had anywhere near enough of them to have anything you could really call a beard or mustatche, though, luckily, just stray hairs. When they aren't dark, I tend to leave them be, if the feel isn't very noticeable. I wish I hadn't done it the first time, since they're darker and coarser now, but family making fun of you as a teen can have quite the effect on one...

Anyway since I just have a few rogue hairs and am broke, I don't use any specific methods, nor have preferred blade numbers. I've never cut myself either. Sometimes I just pull the hairs out with my fingers...

Edited by Darth Dash

Aww. I'm very sorry that you got teased. :( Kids are a bunch of little fuckers.  :lol:

I agree! Why tease somebody for something they can't control? Lil brats. Look at me know, bullies. I'm 1000x more attractive than you'll EVER be. Beat that. B)

• Brohoof 1

I'm ok with a girl wanting to shave her face. I imagine it's the same way most girls like guys shaved and not having ugly neck beards or at least groomed beards/mustaches. Seeing a girl with a mustache would be a similar turn off for me, although I havn't seen that many girls who I would say could use a shave. Girls shaving their legs is a different story.

My friend's dad taught me how to shave cause he's also a barber. Warm water, lather shaving cream, and never go against the grain. After shave is really nice as well.

honestly never heard of women having to shave there faces before except for older women with hormone imbalances or younger ones with hormone imbalances, you would think there would be a way to regulate them so women stop growing beards,

Is there any difference in terms of growth rate when using an electric shaver? Shaving with my somewhat expensive electric thing is actually quite a fun part of my morning routine because it's so fast, but the 'manual' razor is a closer shave. Been trying to get my mom to use my electric shaver for her mustache since she hates waxing, but she's convinced it'll grow back too strong and turn her into a wookie. 

Anyone shaving their toes, also? I feel like I should 'cos my sister keeps noticing my hobbit feet. 

TMI?

honestly never heard of women having to shave there faces before except for older women with hormone imbalances or younger ones with hormone imbalances, you would think there would be a way to regulate them so women stop growing beards,

you would think.

But there's reasons why hair removal cream, waxes, strips etc exist

Not every woman is fortunate enough to have perfectly balanced hormones

you would think.

But there's reasons why hair removal cream, waxes, strips etc exist

Not every woman is fortunate enough to have perfectly balanced hormones

and of course estrogen therapy has those wonderful side effects like cancer,blood clots and stroke

Only my upper lip. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a full-blown mustache or anything, but the hair there is fairly fairly and ever so slightly darker. (basically unnoticeable by anyone else but me)

I feel like it stands out even more when I wear makeup so I always make sure to get rid of it. I don't have the courage to wax it or use any creams or whatever as my skin is really sensitive anyway, so I don't want to make it worse.

Edited by Ghoul

I am a male, but my opinion on the matter is that anyone who can't grow a proper beard should shave. Thin, wispy hairs on the face just don't look good. I was cursed by fate to be unable o grow a beard, and for the longest time I hated shaving. A straight razor has turned it from a chore to a pleasure.

Ladies, If you get a bit of facial hair, as a knife addict I will find you 10x sexier if you use a straight razor.

As for ladies shaving arms and legs, I honestly don't care one way or another. Shaven legs are superficially more appealing, but I as someone who has little time for superficialities, I say do whatever makes you comfortable.

I am female, and I have a light mustache. It's not peach fuzz- its noticeable to anyone who is standing within five feet of me. I also have a unibrow thing going on.

Because I'm gender fluid, I'll choose to not shave when I'm feeling macho. Then, sometimes, I decide that what I'm doing is ridiculous, and I shave.

As for the unibrow, I tweeze it constantly.

My face is the only part of my body I shave. I have little (but not 'no') regard for what's masculine or feminine.

I'd say that the only problem I face when I shave is I'll get an ingrown hair or two. Other than that, it's great.

• Brohoof 1