Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dreampuff

So.... this is weird. I never thought I'd be posting in Creative Resources. Because frankly, I've never considered myself creative.

But, after a failed attempt to find people who might be interested in makeup through General Discussion, @Fhaolan suggested I try posting here.

I stumbled upon the most Pinkie Pie shade of lipstick the other day (coincidentally, the shade is called "Silly" by MAC!) and it inspired me to look at some eye designs to go with it.

This is the best I've found:

http://luhivy.blogspot.com/2013/03/my-little-pony-series-pinkie-pie.html

I never would have even thought to capture the cloudy nature of Pinkie Pie's hair on an eyelid! I found it brilliant.

I would love to hear thoughts from others :)

Even if not on Pinkie Pie makeup specifically, just on makeup in general. What are your favorite products or tips or tricks? Are you a brand loyal consumer? Do you consider makeup art or just pointless?

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a cosmotolgist by trade, I love make up I try my hardest to use only animal friendly makeup. sugar pill is my favorite

AAAHHH! Other makeup artist bronies exist?! :D I currently work in theatre makeup, but I'm hoping to expand and start doing runway makeup too :)

Right now I postly do air I've done some small fashion shows and of course it comes in with my love of cosplay

I've honestly never tried cosplay before, but being part of the fandom has sparked some interest :)

• 4 weeks later...

So.... this is weird. I never thought I'd be posting in Creative Resources. Because frankly, I've never considered myself creative.

But, after a failed attempt to find people who might be interested in makeup through General Discussion, @Fhaolan suggested I try posting here.

I stumbled upon the most Pinkie Pie shade of lipstick the other day (coincidentally, the shade is called "Silly" by MAC!) and it inspired me to look at some eye designs to go with it.

This is the best I've found:

http://luhivy.blogspot.com/2013/03/my-little-pony-series-pinkie-pie.html

I never would have even thought to capture the cloudy nature of Pinkie Pie's hair on an eyelid! I found it brilliant.

I would love to hear thoughts from others :)

Even if not on Pinkie Pie makeup specifically, just on makeup in general. What are your favorite products or tips or tricks? Are you a brand loyal consumer? Do you consider makeup art or just pointless?

I'd like to learn how to use it. I plan on crossplaying as Luna and it would be nice to know how to do my own rather than rely on my friend and cosplay designer to do it for me. 

This is the costume's concept art, by the way. My friend drew it up as a guideline for herself.

post-36092-0-67659200-1453911689_thumb.jpg

Edited by gamerbrash
  • Brohoof 2

I'd like to learn how to use it. I plan on crossplaying as Luna and it would be nice to know how to do my own rather than rely on my friend and cosplay designer to do it for me. 

This is the costume's concept art, by the way. My friend drew it up as a guideline for herself.

Beautiful! I absolutely love it! And I'll admit I got a D in geometry in high school, so I don't know much about fashion design (I know, I know.... Rarity would be weeping) but I can definitely help you with anything makeup related! It would be my pleasure! Just message me if you have questions :D