Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How's your driving?

Spanish In Physician

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't have my licence, but I should soon enough. Driving in LA is awful but I'll pull through and buy myself a nicer car. Currently want a Subaru Legacy GT. Has to be a 5 speed manual, because I'm no normie

I tend to be a bit cautious behind the wheel, especially in the tractor-trailer and even in my personal car, because I know all too well that there are plenty of others that just aren't paying attention to what they're doing.  I see it all the time -- the glow of a smartphone up by the driver's face as they slow down to about 50 in the passing lane, texting their buds about whatever the hell, their car swerving back and forth as they type. And then they get pissed at me for hitting the air horn and bringing them back to reality.  Go figure.

I'm a very good driver...if you consider speeding, California Stops, fiddling with the CD player and checking my makeup in the rear-view mirror as aspects of good driving. I'm sure all those honking horns and hand gestures in my wake must be some manner of endearment, right? 

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

I'd say my driving is pretty good. I do speed a little on the highways, like 10 over. I don't speed much on back roads, however. There are lots of trees around and they show no mercy when crashed into. I'm also pretty good at using turn signals and turning on headlights when the weather is bad.

I may have done the occasional California roll stop and ran a red light or two. :mlp_lie:

Two years ago I was in a horrible accident that quite literally nearly killed me. I haven't driven since. I actually don't remember the accident at all. (I'm glad of that) I believe the police when they told me what happened when I woke up in the hospital....THREE DAYS after. I was in the hospital for a week after that, and had a long painful recovery. Broken ribs HURT! I have some breathing issues since, and tend to choke if I'm not very careful while eating. The medical shows never warn you that being ventilated in the ER can cause some lung/esophagus damage.

Thank God it was a one car accident, and I was the only person injured.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

I'm a terrible driver. I have no depth perception, and i never trust people when they put their turn signals on. Because half the time they have them on they don't turn, or they won't have them on at all and just turn out of the blue.

It always amazes me when I find people worse at driving than me.

I feel so young right now (I'm only 16 1/2). I do have plans on going to the DMV for my permit test this Thanksgiving break, but that's another story. I remembered when I was 8, my step-uncle had me take over the wheel while I was in the passenger seat. I did fairly well, I guess. Then later my aunt had me sit on her lap in the car as she controlled the acceleration while I took over the steering. I made some good steering when we got to an intersection and I was only 8. Doing this at a young age is not safe or recommended as it is illegal, but it was fun!

Edited by Tylad

7/10:Neutral.  Pretty decent and not reckless. However, I do "road rage" at stupid drivers, but I wouldn't go that ballistic on them.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm that old person you get stuck behind when it's a one-way road but they only drive five below the speed limit, except I still have all my hair because I'm not old yet. Driving terrifies me for some reason. I'm constantly worried that I'll crash into someone, or I'll ruin a tire on a curb, or something.

Now riding motorcycles (or only a moped so far, in my case) I'm much better at and more comfortable with. It's a tiny machine (relatively) that's much easier to keep in check than a two-ton hunk of metal. It's less of a death machine than a car in some ways.

• 2 months later...

I can drive, pretty well in different video games. I do end up on the grass a lot, because the wheel is stupid. And braking is difficult. But I get around!

I would say it's good
My black box would say it's great
Everyone i know says i drive like a 90 yr old 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am a really careful driver. I drive since 12 years now and had only two light accidents (and only one was my fault). I don't like to drive fast. But it can also happen that I get a little bit angry while I drive, especially when something don't work as it should. 

• Brohoof 1

Not to brag or nothin...okay well maybe a little. :Daydreaming: I am a very good driver. I’ve been told I have the reflexes of a cat behind the wheel. That is, when I’m not distracted lol.