Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favorite Classic Video game?

Countess Coloratura

Man, if we're considering the PS2 classic then I'm easily gonna make this list! My top five favorite franchises all have big PS2/Gamecube releases.

Sonic the Hedgehog has Sonic Adventure, Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog

Wild Arms had Wild Arms 3, 4 and 5 (and Alter Code F but I haven't played that one yet)

Shin Megami Tensei has Digital Devil Saga, Nocturne and Devil Summoner

Castlevania has Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness

Kingdom Hearts has...well....Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. :P

But I usually consider classic to be at least Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis which is a considerably smaller list. ActRaiser, Blackthorne, Beyond Oasis, the early Sonic games, the original Castlevania games and Rondo of Blood to name a few.

• Brohoof 1

Since I already posted my most favourite classic video game, I might as well mention that my favourite arcade game is Donkey Kong!

Actually, since I've brought that up, if you're also a fan of that game, I'd highly recommend watching a documentary called The King of Kong. It's brilliant.

• Brohoof 1

I really love Street Fighter and Earthbound... I've got a SNES but I have Earthbound on en emulator. I wish one day I could have it to play on my SNES  :c

Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES)

Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)

Mega Man 3* (NES)

Earthbound+ (SNES)

*I swap between 2 and 3 as my favorites because the music in 2 is just so good.

+I was an OG Earthbound fan, getting it the year it came out for my 12th birthday, and that was the first fan community I was a part of. 

Earthbound is love. Earthbound is life.

• Brohoof 2

I really love Street Fighter and Earthbound... I've got a SNES but I have Earthbound on en emulator. I wish one day I could have it to play on my SNES  :c

Earthbound is love. Earthbound is life.

I still have the original box and players guide that came with it. I threw out the disgusting scratch and sniff cards 20 years ago though....

• Brohoof 1

Pong

:lol:  just kidding

Final fantasy 7 8 9, megaman x, to me megaman legends(megaman 64) was rather played through my youth tho not as heard of probably. Then nes games were contra battletoads double dragon I and II ninja gaiden II (1 was too hard lol invovled me running around and dieing) megaman 1, 3, zelda, castlevania, we had alot of nes games okay lol  ;)  

OH right Duck Hunt that one for sure wins the nintendo.

Pokemon red n blue.

• Brohoof 1

I'm jealous c: You're so lucky!

Keep an eye out if you pass by garage sales and thrift stores. You never know what people give away cheap. I once sold a game system for over 100 bucks that I bought from a garage sale for 5. There's certain to be Earthbound carts out there somewhere. 

• Brohoof 1

Keep an eye out if you pass by garage sales and thrift stores. You never know what people give away cheap. I once sold a game system for over 100 bucks that I bought from a garage sale for 5. There's certain to be Earthbound carts out there somewhere. 

I'm in France, so my hopes to get it that way are very low, but I'll try!

• Brohoof 1

GTA: San Andreas was definitely one of my favorite games ever

The First Diablo was also one of my most favorite games

After that I don't really recall other games aside from a Crash Bandicoot game on PS2 I don't really remember the full name of it sadly

• Brohoof 2

I'm in France, so my hopes to get it that way are very low, but I'll try!

Yeah, that'll be tough. Can yours play US region carts? I'll keep an eye out for you if it does.

• Brohoof 1

- Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo

- Pocket Fighter

- Bust-a-Groove and Bust-a-Groove 2 (the dancing games, not to be confused with the bubble-popping game Bust-a-Move)

- Spyro 1 and 2

- Crash Bandicoot games

- Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie

- Conker's Bad Fur Day

- Klonoa games

Probably a lot more I've forgotten about.

• Brohoof 1

My first may have been ColecoVision (yeah, THAT), but my hands down classic fave?

MEGAMAN 2 for the classic Nintendo Entertainment System.  No contest.

(I could make it across Heatman's lava pit WITHOUT Item 2; my claim to fame.)

• Brohoof 1

Favorite classic games are:

Contra (NES)

Legends of Zelda (NES)

Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, and 3

Legends of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Legends of Zelda: A link to the past

Raiden 1 and 2

I didnt played that much older Games, but my favorite more older games would be Worms, Worms Armageddon and World Party, which i played Hours and Hours as a Kid.  :love:

And Super Mario Bros 3 and World. And Pac-Attack was also really really great.  :)

Well considering most of you youngsters seem to think the Playstation and PS2 are classic... by that definition, my favorite classic game would actually be Final Fantasy IX, since it's my favorite game overall... but PS1 really isn't old enough to be called classic... is it?

• Brohoof 1

In 80's and 90's I liked the RPG's the most. As far as non RPG's go I would pick Xenon 2, Worms, Lemmings and Midwinter

RPGS

The Bards Tale

Might and Magic (all up to 9, 9 was crappy)

Ultima (Most of them)

Wizardry (most of them)

Pool of Radience

Wasteland

Anything from Final Fantasy & Baldur Gate series onwards i'm not including as not proper old school yet. But they were all awesome, along with Suikoden, Skies of Arcadia and the resident evil series (the first few are pretty old now)

I didn't have anything of my own for gaming until I got an Atari ST when I was 10. Before that I often ended up setting up residence in school friends bedrooms lol

Final Fantasy 7, Kirby Super Star, Sonic 1-3 and Knuckles, and all of the classic marios come to mind.