Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ASGARDIANBRONY

what do you think is the biggest rivalry in geekdom? it can be rivalry between to different fandoms like star wars vs star trek, or a character rivalry like batman vs superman. personally the biggest fandom rivalry ive been a part of is thor vs hulk ( thor should always beat hulk). please post your thoughts on which rivalry is the biggest and the biggest rivalry you have been a part of.

• Brohoof 1

I dunno, but I always thought fandom rivalries were really stupid

fandom rivalries can be fun if you enjoy debating. it gets tiring when dealing with stubborn people that don't back there arguments with facts ( glares at hulk fans ).

Star Wars vs. Star Trek, though in the past 10 years it's probably become a thing that most members like both. Whatever conflict there was has been thawing ever since the advent of new canon and the internet. There's probably lots of intra-fandom conflict though. Cochrane vs. Janeway, or the validity of the Lucasian Prequel Trilogy for example.

• Brohoof 3

The biggest fandom related rivalry is I have been a part of is Batman vs Superman. Also, the Hulk can easily kick Thor's ass.

so, your one of them...... thor if written correctly destroy hulk quite easily. for all of hulks vaunted strength I have never seen him do anything as impressive as breaking a celestials head, or busting galactus armour. if thor used all his powers hulk wouldn't stand a chance, the only reason hulk ever wins is because the writters never let thor use his lightning or magic against hulk. on topic, marvel vs dc is a huge rivalry to, but marvel is quite obviously winning.

Honestly, there was also that huge deal between Superman vs Goku... Think there was a lot of hurt feelings in that mini war.  :P Plus it was kinda comic fanboys vs anime fanboys in a notable way.

• Brohoof 1

I remember Pokemon vs Digimon, which for me depends on what you're talking about (I prefer Pokemon video games, but I think the Digimon tv show was better, but it's been a while since I've watched or played either), which was mostly an early '00s thing (Pokemon ended up winning), but it could be revived in 2016 with the 20th anniversary of Pokemon and Digimon is getting a new show and video game. Harry Potter vs Twilight (Potter FTW). And of course Star Wars vs Star Trek (I have more experience w/ Star Wars, but I also like Star Trek, even though I've only seen some movies, not just the JJ Abrams ones), and my mom is a huge Star Wars fan, while my dad is a big Trekkie, so I'm surprised they've never gotten into any arguments about either, but I think that's because they also enjoy the other. There's also a TV Tropes page about fandom rivalries http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FandomRivalry

Edited by Trixie Heartstrings
  • Brohoof 1

As stated, Digimon vs Pokemon is one thing that comes to my mind when talking about rivalry, DeathBattle on youtube did a take on that topic by the way :D

Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter vs Tekken, anyone?

• Brohoof 1

The only debate i was part of was Resident Evil Versus Silent Hill and My Little Pony Vs Antibronies.

But now, i dont care about any Wars. If someone aks me, what do you like more? Superman or Goku?

Dc Comics and Marvel? Resi or Silent Hill?

I just answer : I like both !

I dont want to choose.

The only debate i was part of was Resident Evil Versus Silent Hill and My Little Pony Vs Antibronies.

How in the world are Anti-Bronies a fandom?

Unless you're implying they're fans of Bronies. Then that's hilarious.

Also, I love both Silent Hill and Resident Evil, so I've always stayed out of that debate.

Edited by Rainblow H.

How in the world are Anti-Bronies a fandom?

- Creating Fan Groups on multiple Sides, to hate on Bronies.

- Create and Post Artwork and Music about how much there hate us.

- Post Reviews and Analyze us.

- Are so obsessed with their Hobbys and works that their call them selves Anti-Bronies.

For me, thats pretty much what a Fandom is about.

AntiBronies are a Fandom for hating Bronies.

I remember hearing that there's sort of a rivalry between bronies and Sonic fans. The thing that makes this more intense is that most bronies tend to be PC gamers, while most Soinc fans are console gamers, meaning this extends to PC vs console, which is a rivalry I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned considering how big it is (not MLP vs Sonic, PC vs Console). Another is a supposed rivalry between MLP and Adventure Time, and a rivalry between bronies and furries. Of those 3, the only thing I can confirm is the last one, since I've seen bronies and furries duke it out in comment sections.

- Creating Fan Groups on multiple Sides, to hate on Bronies.

- Create and Post Artwork and Music about how much there hate us.

- Post Reviews and Analyze us.

- Are so obsessed with their Hobbys and works that their call them selves Anti-Bronies.

For me, thats pretty much what a Fandom is about.

AntiBronies are a Fandom for hating Bronies.

I suppose you could argue that way, but it's interesting to note that most fandoms are based around liking something, not hating something, even if some fans can get overzealous or critical. Then again, I don't think Anti-Bronies dedicate as much time as we might think they do to hating on Bronies, but I can definitely see where you're coming from seeing the lengths they go to. I myself would just throw them into the same group as the Anti-Sonic/Anime/Furry people.

I remember hearing that there's sort of a rivalry between bronies and Sonic fans. The thing that makes this more intense is that most bronies tend to be PC gamers, while most Soinc fans are console gamers, meaning this extends to PC vs console, which is a rivalry I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned considering how big it is (not MLP vs Sonic, PC vs Console). Another is a supposed rivalry between MLP and Adventure Time, and a rivalry between bronies and furries. Of those 3, the only thing I can confirm is the last one, since I've seen bronies and furries duke it out in comment sections.

Yeah, rivalry between Bronies and Sonic fans over who's worse.

Nah, but all jokes aside, there's a lot of fandom wars between the supposed "worst fandoms" such as Bronies, Sonic Fans, FNaF fans, Undertale fans, or whatever. At least, I've seen it happen in Youtube comment sections, but those are always filled with fights.

Recently I've been hearing a lot about the Console vs. PC Games endless war. I personally think it's 100% a matter of opinion. Both have their positive and negative sides, and I think it's kinda dumb when people are WAY into defending their favorites that they completely despise anyone who thinks differently. The same could be said of all fandom rivalries, though~

Other than that, I've taken part into the infamous Pokemon vs. Digimon debate a few years ago, as well as Nintendo vs. Sega/Sony. :P