Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How old are the equestria girls?

joshuachasseur

I'd say around 16 years old for Sunset Shimmer, Fluttershy, and Rarity, and 15 for Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Sci-Twi. To me, it's also the same for everypony in Equestria's Mane Six.

I believe they're Seniors in high school, so around 17 or 18. Sunset Shimmer began her reign of terror when the Main6 were freshman, and had since won the Fall Formal 3 times. That would make them Seniors. 

I guess, after seeing those photos of Sunset Shimmer winning the Fall Formal crown three times (in three school years), I was proved totally wrong. So, to me, this is final:

• Sunset Shimmer, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Princess Twilight: 18
  • Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity: 17
  • Sci-Twi: 16

• 2 months later...

I know it's a been while but I got this answer from Ishi Rudell:

https://twitter.com/ishiH3Art/status/761672163807989761

Looks like they are 17

He mentioned 'Or around...'. Does this mean some of the cast are over 17 years of age and some are just below that number?

With all this speculation, the world may never know their exact ages.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1

Well, he did start off with an agreement, so I'm sticking with 17 as my headcanon

OK. However, some of our head canons are different so it's not easy to tell how old they are. Some of us think they are adults but that's just us. Usually we just stick to whatever age we think they are.

If they really are 17 years of age then we just have to go with the flow from here on out.

• Brohoof 1

Woah, 23? Seriously? How could Sunset be 23 and still in high school, plus not have knowledge of the Friendship Games, which occur every 4 years?

uh she could be walking around lying about her age ,i dont think she even physically age

<p>

I guess, after seeing those photos of Sunset Shimmer winning the Fall Formal crown three times (in three school years), I was proved totally wrong. So, to me, this is final:

• Sunset Shimmer, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Princess Twilight: 18
  • Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity: 17
  • Sci-Twi: 16
how does pony Twilight have to do with this? Shes a adult now

If the mane six or seven are seniors, what the hell is Big Mac doing at their school? He's older than them, isn't he??? Unless he visits the school a lot as alumni, I don't get it one bit.

BigMac probally works there like his grandmother,i think he's around 19-21? Wait if hes there then who will take care of the farm???

Another thing to remember is in the music video, Life is a Runway, we see Rarity I think working in a boutique store. So my guess is she's an adult unless there's something else I'm missing.

• Brohoof 1

I'd imagine they would be the same age as their pony counterparts, but nopony's found out THEIR age yet, so... Unsolved?

The world may never know...That's why there are so many headcanons.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1

I'd imagine they would be the same age as their pony counterparts, but nopony's found out THEIR age yet, so... Unsolved?

well saying the mane six are the same age as their EQG versions runs into lots of issues; Maud is studying for a college degree in FIM and is Pinkie's younger sister for example, Zephyr is a NEET and also Fluttershy's younger brother... and lets not even go into the comics where EQG Babs is JUST as old as Applejack.

Personally, I prefer to think the ages of the mane six and the EQG versions are TOTALLY different, because its just madness trying to make the two link up otherwise.

So I'd say the mane six in EQG are 18 or 17 (the CMC are in high school too in this version, and the mane six are definitely older than them by at least a couple of years, so if the CMC are freshman the mane six have to be juniors or Seniors for it to work properly).

But the pony mane six are 22-26 and older than their EQG counterparts.

• Brohoof 1

This depends on where you draw the line regarding canon.  For example, if you accept 'The Journal of the Two Sisters' as canon, then Rainbow Dash turned ten during the events of 'Pinkie Pride'.

This depends on where you draw the line regarding canon.  For example, if you accept 'The Journal of the Two Sisters' as canon, then Rainbow Dash turned ten during the events of 'Pinkie Pride'.

What line in that book are you referring to there? I don't remember a passage stating that

What line in that book are you referring to there? I don't remember a passage stating that

The second half of the book is (sometimes extended) versions of the lessons that each of the mane 6 wrote into the journal of friendship throughout season 4.  Pinkie writes about it In the excerpt written by her after the events of 'Pinkie Pride'.

I should probably caveat that slightly.  The book states that it's Rainbow Dash's tenth 'birthaversary', that being her birthday, and the anniversary of her moving to Ponyville.  You could of course interpret that as being her tenth birthday since moving to Ponyville.  But being ten years old would also make sense given the real world lifespan of ponies.

So as usual, there is no strictly right answer, and it's left to the viewer to decide what makes most sense to them on an individual basis.

Edited by Concerned Bystander

well saying the mane six are the same age as their EQG versions runs into lots of issues; Maud is studying for a college degree in FIM and is Pinkie's younger sister for example, Zephyr is a NEET and also Fluttershy's younger brother... and lets not even go into the comics where EQG Babs is JUST as old as Applejack.

Personally, I prefer to think the ages of the mane six and the EQG versions are TOTALLY different, because its just madness trying to make the two link up otherwise.

So I'd say the mane six in EQG are 18 or 17 (the CMC are in high school too in this version, and the mane six are definitely older than them by at least a couple of years, so if the CMC are freshman the mane six have to be juniors or Seniors for it to work properly).

I don't like to consider the comics canon, as 1. I've never read them and 2. To the best of my knowledge they aren't written by the same people who write the show. We don't really know what age Maud is in EG. I get where you're coming from though. The ponies have full time jobs, while the Equestria Girls are still in school. But maybe it would make more sense if you take the difference of pony years and human years into account.

• 1 year later...
On 28/12/2015 at 3:21 PM, Dovashy said:

~ 16 - 17, I'd say. 

no they have 17-21 and 16-20 years. 

On 12/8/2016 at 11:36 AM, Concerned Bystander said:

On 12/8/2016 at 11:29 AM, Unlikeable Pony said:

the characters in EG looks like young adults for the size but they are teenagers. the mane 6 from canterlot high have 17-21 years old, 16-20 and 15-19 years old like monster high and totally spies.

I have analyzed all their appearances and I realized that their size and everything that they act and what they are, are like young adults but they are teenagers. alike Teen Titans, TMNT, Spiderman, Monster High, Totally Spies and the the princesses disney and non disney.

• 2 months later...

I assume that they are seniors in high school, but hasn't a lot of time passed since the beginning of the whole EQG franchise? They should be graduating and moving onto college by now, so perhaps juniors? That would make them around 16-18. But if they weren't in high school I would have never guessed that. They don't seem to fit into high school anyway, aside from the fact that their pony counterpaurts are definatly past high school.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to say that they are around the 16 to 17 range. In the shorts, we've seen Sunset take driving lessons. The legal age to start learning is typically 16, so their age probably wouldn't be any younger than that.