Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you say in extreme pain?

gamecubeguy214

Oddly enough, my first reaction to extreme pain is that deer in the headlights kind of response. I usually don't have an immediate verbal response, instead I just stand there for a moment trying to process the fact that I just got hurt bad. Wow,sometimes I don't realise how weird I am until I sit down to write about it.

"MOTHERF*CKER" is always the one for me, but it's usually at whatever caused the pain, not the pain itself. Like if I've just woken up, and I'm going out of my room and hit my side against a bedpost, I swear at it and it's the bedposts fault, not me and my 20 seconds of being awake

Edited by Monte Mothra
  • Brohoof 1

"MOTHERF*CKER" is always the one for me, but it's usually at whatever caused the pain, not the pain itself. Like if I've just woken up, and I'm going out of my room and hit my side against a bedpost, I swear at it and it's the bedposts fault, not me and my 20 seconds of being awake

''You bedpost motherf*****! I hate you''

• Brohoof 1

It depends, if its a sudden unexpected pain than I'll usually cuss under my breath. If its an expected pain than I just deal with it, though that doesnt mean it doesnt hurt.

I (surprisingly) don't usually curse when I'm in extreme pain. Normally I wince, then laugh at myself for being so stupid. Even when it's a serious injury. For example, I impaled myself on a pole once, and I was still laughing at how dumb the whole thing was.

• Brohoof 1

If it's minor pain, I usually just yell out "AH, damn it!"

If it's major pain, I inhale sharply, trying to hold in the pain.

Sometimes, if I get hurt by a specific thing, I hit it back...which usually results in more pain. x3

Edited by Alpha Hedge

"Stop being a little ***** Dee, it's just a little pain. You've had worse." or "Come on, really?"

Extreme pain being like whenever all I want to do being curl up and whimper. Elsewise, it's not really extreme enough for me to make any vocal notion about it. I'm good at hiding my emotions and reactions. Oh, or if it's very sudden pain, I sometimes just say 'owww'.

Edited by Sooshi

Extreme pain?  Before I had an offending molar extracted, I was in some of the worst pain I've ever experienced.  I did not say much of anything when I could help it.  Significant physical pain makes me reaaaaal quiet; I might not have the energy to do anything but hurt.

But if the pain is relatively minor or surprises me, I will often say, "Ow."

If it's minor enough then I would usually say 'ow' or something similar.

If it's significant and sudden enough to have a shock or surprise factor then I will usually stare at the offending injury in blank incomprehension until my brain latches on to what it needs to do - so when I sliced my finger open with a knife (don't try and slice bread too thin, boys and girls) I stared at it until it started bleeding a lot then I (rather stupidly, in hindsight) tried to get a plaster out and put it on. It was only when I realised that the plaster was too small that I actually said anything - calling my dad over and telling him to get a bandage out. 

Swearing is usually reserved for when I am annoyed rather than in pain.