Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it possible to tell if somebody is a virgin just by looking at them?

jackleapp81

Brad sounds like a creepy pervert. This was at work? The next time he opens his mouth about anything of that nature, I would let him know up front that I was reporting his behavior to his supervisor and to human resources.

My opinion is this: the concept of virginity is a sham. It's impossible to tell XY virginity except for subjective personality traits that may just mean that the person is shy but still had sex. And for XX virginity, the Hymen can be lost in day to day activities and can, you know, grow back, So theres that.

I don't think it is at all possible to tell if someone is a virgin or not. Even if you looked at someone and made your own decision, you could be surprised. Also, I don't think it really matters if someone is a virgin or not anyway.

That guy just sounds like a creepy pervert and if he acts like this again, you should report him for it. It's incredibly inappropriate behaviour, especially in the work place.

This 'Brad' guy must be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally skilled at reading people then, because I never even knew this could be possible. I don't think it is possible at all, probably just some weird conversational happening in your case. 

First of all : It`s possible, lik...... a lot well (60 % of the time)

Second of all : It`s a trick xD , even I made it, it`s really easy, it`s like the things with a mentalist ....... you know he bluffs, and then he makes up a good proof that stands out, and baam  .... magic :3

• Brohoof 1

It is possible. A sort of black magick more innate in males. I'm not too familiar with the mechanics but it doesn't matter... The whole thing is basically a cheap trick.

This sounds totally made up.

I found the "grinning from ear to ear" portion the most amusing.

First of all : It`s possible, lik...... a lot well (60 % of the time)

Second of all : It`s a trick xD , even I made it, it`s really easy, it`s like the things with a mentalist ....... you know he bluffs, and then he makes up a good proof that stands out, and baam  .... magic :3

I'm guessing you were born in July... I mean October. Maybe April. Anyway, I know just from your avatar.

no it is not possible... having sex for the first time changes nothing about your appearence... maybe your personality a bit but not your appearence.... the best way you can tell is by asking them and paying close attention to their body language and the way they speak... if you know what your looking for you can easily catch a liar or discover they speak the truth

lol that's ridiculous. Of course you could take a guess and say that someone is a virgin because they seem like a person who either isn't very attractive or who doesn't do anything to meet people. Saying that you can know if someone is a virgin simply by looking at them is dumb.

"Goes home, eats dinner, watches TV, goes to bed."

I rarely meet new people, I don't socialize much with people irl and I'm not that good looking. All I do is go home, eat dinner, watch TV and go to bed and I'm not a virgin. Case closed.

What a weirdo.

No, it's not possible. Of course there's some details that could suggest if someone's a virgin, but no, you can't definitely tell if someone's a virgin just by their looks.

unless they have a neckbeard and fedora 

I don't really know for sure. I mean, I myself have never verbally spoken the words, "I am a virgin," but everyone I know already knows that. But I guess that's mostly due to the fact that I live in a small town. If anyone has sex here, everyone knows about it.

Sounds like a semi-wild guess based on your age to me.

The probability of someone being a virgin if he/she is 22 is most likely higher than the probability of someone being a virgin if he/she is 60. Of course, someone who is 22 is most likely going to act differently compared to someone who is 60.

What's wrong with being a virgin anyways?

Update: I suppose I could kind of get how he's going about now. No, I did not have sex right before this update.

Possibility 1: I think he's more talking about confidence/self-esteem than actual romantic relationships. Media portrays romantic-relationship/sex as something necessary in life and as a symbol of power/love/approval/source-of-confidence-and-self-esteem. As ridiculous as it sounds, some people seem to buy into this. However, this is less likely compared to possibility 2.

Possibility 2: Taboo vs. Not Taboo. If you had sex already, chances are when people bring it up, you are no longer as uncomfortable about the subject, at least compared to some people who haven't. From your post you seem to have showed him some pretty obvious cues that you are not comfortable with this topic, which led to his seemingly "psychic" conclusion.

Procedure

- He makes a wild guess based on your age

- You show cues demonstrating that you are uncomfortable with topics about sex

- He finds evidence that confirm his wild guess and makes his conclusion

These being said, what if your answer was something like "B.S. I have a girlfriend and we already did it a while back then." or something similar? How do you think he's going to react?

What's wrong with the subject of sex? Then again, what's wrong with being a virgin?

Edited by Solid Scorpion

Why do guys who are virgins get teased? To me, it's related to the "slut" double standard. Men who are promiscuous are praised, women who are promiscuous are shamed. Thus a woman being a virgin is good, and a man being a virgin is bad. Don't let it get to you, it's a stupid expectation.

Virginity is a dated, draconian, midevil concept that has no place in today's society. All it does is permeate societies negative disposition & puritanical attitudes towards sex. 

At the end of this, ask yourself: Does the answer matter make a difference in the end? If you're with someone, does that change anything about them? 

And who cares what "Brad" thinks? The biggest mistake your generation and even mine have ever made, was giving credence to the thoughts & options of others.