Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did this year bring to you?

Somberhoof

I spent most of 2015 not doing anything after my bike crash, spending late nights drinking alone and slowly becoming an alcoholic.

But its also the year i moved in with a friend and went back to uni for my final year, so i guess it sort of balances out? 

Things that happened last year...well...i still havent found a Job, i managed to disappoint even more People because im still to shy, i still have no relationship or anything like that...i think the only thing that changed was my Collection.

Instead of collecting Mlp Stuff, i collect Dc Stuff now because of last year...really, many years feel just the same for me. My life isnt interesting.

Okay so this year:

- I got into MLP and it literally made my life 20% cooler 

- I actually got my first little set/gig thingy and performed in a bar, that was a good thing to do

- I dyed and bleached my hair several times

- I started working on my album project and made more than 70 beats and wrote more than 90 songs I think

- I discovered a lot of new artists and got really influenced by a lot of them

- I got myself a cat

- I spent a week end at my best friend's house and got the chance to hug him like almost every hour

- And finally I discovered that bronies are the best people in the world!

Now about the bad stuff:

- We figured out that my undershot jaw will require a surgery

- I lost all of my friends

- I got into depression because of my loneliness

- I got terrible grades 

- I figured out that I'm fully going through my adolescence

And a lot of other things that I'd prefer to forget about..

• Brohoof 1

hmm...I'd say 2015 was a major "character building" year because I experienced some of the best and worst things that made me stronger going into 2016.

To end on a positive note, I'll get the bad stuff out of the way first. Basically, this year was by far the most stressful and I was at a very low point. I had to make some of the hardest decisions in my life, which was very humbling. The final leg of the academic journey caused so much anxiety and depression-like symptoms that it caused me to start doubting my abilities. I was also dealing with friend-related issues.

Regardless, tons of positive things happened. For one, I found and joined this lovely community and met some amazing people. I can't even begin to thank you all for your support, encouragement, and camaraderie! I also feel that my artwork is improving because of simply learning from such talented artists in the fandom. ^^ Another thing 2015 brought me was strength. The icky stuff I was going through forced me to dig deep and figure out what I am really made of. I am far wiser, discerning, and not as hard on myself. Basically, I learned a great deal about not caring what others may think of me, and to set boundaries of what I will and won't tolerate. I thank those people here who especially gave me guidance and advice (you know who you are).

Finally, I met the incredibly compassionate, loving, and hilarious , who brings a smile to my face every day. He helped to show me the beauty in life. His kindness is infectious. <3

Positives:

- Three conventions attended (2 anime and 1 brony)

- Newfound interest in cosplay

- New fashion interests (Converse shoes and long American Apparel socks)

- Improv acting class in the summer

Negatives:

- Loneliness

- Anger

- Meltdowns and outbursts around my parents

- Changed colleges in the middle of the year because I struggled to fit into the community of the first one

- The constant struggle to fit in

- Lost the only person I considered more than an acquaintance in high school to going to college in a different state

- Losing feelings of kinship within my family. No, that doesn't mean I want to move out.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

2021 so far has brought me more pandemic, curfew, lock down, more stress at work and other not so good things. But it also brought my discovery of the MLP Fandom. Which is definitely a good thing. I think I met some good people here and I'm in the process of get to know and befriending them.

• 1 year later...

Time. I believe this will be a year to take it easy. I have support. Especially of my mother. Since we are in a codependent relationship because of certain factors. But as long as I have her by my side. Everything is going to be a-okay. So, more time to enjoy with my family.

Difficult year so far. Very long waits between good news, so having to wait and wait for better times.

And wait means work really hard so that I am ready for any better times.

I don’t want to jinx it since it may be too soon to bring my hopes up but my life has finally gave me some slack 8-9 years ago after fucking up my college and life itself, 5 years later from now in working in mindless sale job, total of 13+ years of depression and god who knows what else I have been dealing with- this year is somewhat being kinder to me. It stated off really rough to the point I want to break. But since now that I’m finally given a senior manager position at my job- this is the second chance I need for a very long time. A time for me to improve myself again. The time for a change and good one at that. A motivation to get me back in my feet. A moment that I finally feel accomplished and it was all my own hard work and doing that has finally paid off. I did long for a better version of myself and I believe this is a start. 

Doesn’t mean i will stop there though. I’m hoping to keep moving forward with this new position and hopefully working on moving up for a higher position as time goes by. I have been sinking- and in order to keep at it, is to keep my head above the water. I feel me getting that position was also sneer luck but hey, I will take it. My family think medical field will help me. I think I’m better off doing business so that’s what I’m going to continue to do.

If my future self in next year or two, is reading this and things doesn’t go the way it planned, just know this-

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet
A pawn and a king
I've been up and down and over and out
And I know one thing
Each time I find myself layin'
Flat on my face
I just pick myself up and get
Back in the race

That's life
(That's life)
That's life and I can't deny it
Many times I thought of cutting out but my heart won't buy it
But if there's nothing shaking come this here July
I'm gonna roll myself up
In a big ball and die.

Best achievement here.

just like Savygriffs above me 2023 brought me friends but also a little bit better salary

but i also lost a lot of things in 2023… and i’m unsure how much i can have recovered at the end of it… oh well i always shall hope for the best!