Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How do you cope with loneliness?

SilyGeny

Listen to music like this... 

When I am feeling really lonely. I tend to get lost in deep thoughts just pondering on things for a long time. I'll read here or there and those times I feel more lonely than usual I'll research up more on tulpas and read other's experiences trying to make a tulpa. Being away from home helps and I enjoy being at work interacting with people and such. Skateboarding is another hobby of mine which helps with loneliness. But then again I have those days where I'm just feeling down on the world and want to isolate myself from everyone. This life is interesting and strange at the same time. 

Edited by Gone Airbourne
  • Brohoof 3

I have never known loneliness because I like being alone. But now, my girlfriend is studying abroad and for the first time in my life I understand the feeling. Still, I deal with it by watching series, training and working.

Probably talk to a friend.

Though for the record I rarely feel lonely probably because I've gotten quite used to being alone.

Its gotten to the point where I honestly enjoy solitude.

This is probably why I like the forums so much I can be alone but also I can be with friends all at the same time :P

I feel lonely pretty much all the time.

Because i am.

The only interaction i have, is here on Mlp Forums, when it sometimes happends that i find a Topic in which i actually can post or when i post something in other Mlp Forums.

But im often not really talking with anyone.

How i deal with it?

Not very good.

Recently i easily get scared from being alone, when i take a shower, im always afraid that someone could attack me.I often think i hear something or see Shadows moving.

Other times im just sad.

Things that made me help forget it :

Finding a Topic in which i can post, or play Video Games or watch Dc Comics Stuff.

Entertain yourself like a boss!

Play games, play more games, make some awesome meal for yourself, read, watch a movie or two, listen to music, draw, read more. Go outside, swim in the water or lay in the snow, leaves, grass? Go on an adventure in the forest/city/mountains, rock the day!

Edited by darkwingmare

I cope with it, by talking to myself. Having conversations with yourself can sometimes do wonders. It's not really a crazy thing to do. 

I do art, get immersed in an adventure novel, write in my journal, and spend time with animals when I feel lonely. In extreme cases I would allow myself to cry for a bit, but I can't allow it to consume my thoughts or else I'd slip into a very dark place.

Talk yo friends on skype, go on tinder, (Yes, I just admitted that... >.>), to something I enjoy such as shooting, fishing or something. Just either talk to someone so I'm not lonely or to something to take my mind off the though of being lonely.

you can't be lonely  if you never had friendship in the 1st place.  I been friendless for a long time and I have a hard time trusting people cause most people that say there your friend but really REAL friends are hard to find.    It's not right But it's okay. I'm gonna make it anyway and I'd rather be alone Than unhappy. :maud:  also as long as you have a pet or a poine your really not alone.

this sums up how I feel :“When I was out there all I wanted to do was come home. And now that I’m home, all I can think about is getting back there. Things made more sense back there. Here, sometimes someone claims they’re a friend, but they’re really just an acquaintance. And then some friends are really enemies.”

I roleplay, or I draw a lot while listening to dance music. Solves my loneliness. Oh, and listen to Party By Myself sometimes by Hollywood Undead.

Edited by Sooshi

find something to do, be productive. Even when I think I've done everything there is to do, there's usually plenty of stuff I still can be doing to forget about how lonely I am. :P

• 3 weeks later...

You're never truly alone, doesn't matter who you are or what situation you may be in. If you reach out far enough someone will take hold of your hand, so thats how I deal with loneliness.

• Brohoof 1