Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How do you cope with loneliness?

SilyGeny

4 hours ago, EpicEnergy said:

The way I cope with loneliness is by distracting myself - like play video games or browsing the internet.

Pretty much the same for me too. Although, I also like to listen to music and escape into my own imagination through the music. Its a great way for me to get away from reality for a while :mellow: 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

The forum is one way to fight loneliness, I'm locked down for weeks and being here from time to time is a good start !

On 4/28/2020 at 2:11 AM, King of Canterlot said:

Its a great way for me to get away from reality for a while :mellow: 

YOU'RE NOT ALONE CAMARADE ! MOTHER RUSSIA ALWAYS WATCH THEIR CHILDREN !

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I go out and kill ppl

But nah I guess I just do stuff get creative, watch stuff, play stuff whatever ya know

Edited by flurry

I'm pretty much used to it. But when it gets too much I read, play some video games or practise something new.

I'm also working every weekday (currently working remotely because of the pandemic) and focusing on that gives me something to strive for.

• Brohoof 1

I don't have problem with loneliness, I often take advantage of it. It's hard to get some alone time in a large family and endless chores and as for work,  sometime employees can't take a hint to leave you be during break time. I'd get bit aggravated if I don't have time for myself to do what I want.  

I don't 'cope' with loneliness; I celebrate it! I never seem to have enough time to myself so it's like a special treat when I have some 'me time.' Being alone isn't always necessarily a bad thing; there are benefits too.

(edited)

I've always been a loner on top of being an introvert, so up through college loneliness was relaxing rather than a thing I needed to cope with. But ever since then I've had zero close non-internet friends (and not for lack of trying!), except my ex-girlfriend for a while, so it's definitely a thing now.

Fortunately, finding things to do for fun has never been a challenge for me (at this point my real problem is I have too many todo lists...), so it only hits me in a bad way when I'm in one of those moods where I just want to lie down and "do nothing" at all for a while. For those times, by far the most helpful tactic for me is to always have music playing. But really, music always makes me happier no matter what I'm doing, so I have some playing 24/7 unless I want to watch a show or voice chat with someone. Including when posting on forums (♫Let it ra-a-a-ain♫).

Edited by Ixrec

I distract myself as much as possible. I like to write, watch Disney+, and make videos.

But I do also like to text my friends, because it feels less lonely knowing I can still have a way to reach them. 

• Brohoof 2

When I was a little filly and the sun was going do-own...

When I was younger I used to sit by myself on a swing, and be all alone. The swing helped!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I’ve never just felt loneliness. If I’m feeling lonely then I’m most likely also depressed. Now I don’t have the best coping skills for myself when I get depressed. 

I kinda like to sit and soak it all in. I feel lonely all the time. Sometimes I just listen to some indie music or make myself a cup of coffee and read a book. I don't really dislike being lonely cuz I like to spend time with myself, away from others.