Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is the most powerful character?

Drunkfrank

IMO, the Tree of Harmony should be about Discord's equal, but it is a bit under the weather from having loaned out the Elements of Harmony.

Ever see a yin/yang symbol?  Discord is the Avatar of Chaos, the Tree is the Avatar of Order (Harmony, to the EQs).  They are meant to be equal (give or take a bit) .  Remember, the Elements were able to petrify Discord for over 1000 years & they are just a portion of the Tree's power.  (Of course, the Element Bearers (whoever they may be) contribute their power as well)

This is why the Tree has the Mane 6 running all over EQ restoring Harmony.  It is a hangover cure (or, they are restoring balance to the Force, if you must be serious) for the after effects of having been without the Elements for so long

Keep in mind, Starlight will most certainly be conveniently nerfed for season 6 since she'd probably break the show otherwise. Though she displayed a ton of power in the finale, I think the only thing she'll actually retain is her ability to fly. 

IMO, the Tree of Harmony should be about Discord's equal, but it is a bit under the weather from having loaned out the Elements of Harmony.

Ever see a yin/yang symbol?  Discord is the Avatar of Chaos, the Tree is the Avatar of Order (Harmony, to the EQs).  They are meant to be equal (give or take a bit) .  Remember, the Elements were able to petrify Discord for over 1000 years & they are just a portion of the Tree's power.  (Of course, the Element Bearers (whoever they may be) contribute their power as well)

This is why the Tree has the Mane 6 running all over EQ restoring Harmony.  It is a hangover cure (or, they are restoring balance to the Force, if you must be serious) for the after effects of having been without the Elements for so long

Sadly, the tree is not a character, so I wouldn't count it.

Keep in mind, Starlight will most certainly be conveniently nerfed for season 6 since she'd probably break the show otherwise. Though she displayed a ton of power in the finale, I think the only thing she'll actually retain is her ability to fly. 

Well, she really isn't that OP, if a Sombra (for example) powered villain shows up, starlight would be just as powerless against it as Twilight, as they are on an equal field.

I really hate the notion that Twilight is an all-powerful goddess just waiting to be born.

That seems to be a plausible direction that the show might take because her cutie mark is at the center of the tree.

1. Mane 6 (Elements of Harmony/Rainbow Power)/Tree of Harmony
  2. Discord
  3. Celestia/Luna/Nightmare Moon/Tantabus
  4. Tirek (empowered)
  5. Queen Chrysalis
  6. King Sombra
  7. Princesses Amore/Cadance/Twilight Sparkle
  8. Starlight Glimmer

Starlight Glimmer was empowered by Starswirl's spell as she admitted that it was not she who did the heavy lifting, she probably outclasses Sunset Shimmer but definitely not Twilight Sparkle. There are other potent unicorns of an unknown variable such as Radiant Hope, Moondancer, Clover the Clever and Rarity who are all way above average ability. Tirek has bested Discord when he stole all the magic in Equestria, Queen Chrysalis has defeated Celestia when boosted by Cadance's and Shining Armour's love, King Sombra has turned multiple princesses to stone with the aid of the Umbra but with great exertion. In terms of the villains and royalty, this should be it.

1. Mane 6 (Elements of Harmony/Rainbow Power)/Tree of Harmony
  2. Discord
  3. Celestia/Luna/Nightmare Moon/Tantabus
  4. Tirek (empowered)
  5. Queen Chrysalis
  6. King Sombra
  7. Princesses Amore/Cadance/Twilight Sparkle
  8. Starlight Glimmer

Starlight Glimmer was empowered by Starswirl's spell as she admitted that it was not she who did the heavy lifting, she probably outclasses Sunset Shimmer but definitely not Twilight Sparkle. There are other potent unicorns of an unknown variable such as Radiant Hope, Moondancer, Clover the Clever and Rarity who are all way above average ability. Tirek has bested Discord when he stole all the magic in Equestria, Queen Chrysalis has defeated Celestia when boosted by Cadance's and Shining Armour's love, King Sombra has turned multiple princesses to stone with the aid of the Umbra but with great exertion. In terms of the villains and royalty, this should be it.

Isn't Moondancer supposed to be at least as smart as Twilight?

Starlight Glimmer wouldn't have a chance against Discord, he would just have snapped his fingers and the scroll would be in hands and she would be in a locked box. Plus Starswirled's scroll is now gone so yeah Starlight is only as good as Twilight. 

Discord is just too powerful.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1

Discord is the most overpowered so far.

Eyup.

As long as Tirek dont drain him empty (plot armor for me). Actually, the game was over when Tirek possessed Discord's magic, but it wasnt (most biggest plot armor so far).

:P

Discord is just too powerful.

Celestia's spell in Keep Calm And Flutter On, the Tatzlwurm's sneeze in Three's A Crowd, Luna's home-field advantage within dreams in Friends Forever #20, etc. seem to indicate somewhat otherwise.

The most powerful character in the entire cartoon (and the comics and the books) is "The Writer".

Seriously, this cartoon doesn't deserve this sort of analysis because it doesn't keep track of this sort of thing. Characters just do what the writer wants them to do and there's no one that goes 'Wait... That doesn't sound right."

My favorite example: Discord can do whatever he wants, and Celestia can't do anything about it. Then Celestia casts a spell on the Elements to keep Discord from messing with them, and he can't do anything about it.

• Brohoof 3

The most powerful character in the entire cartoon (and the comics and the books) is "The Writer".

Seriously, this cartoon doesn't deserve this sort of analysis because it doesn't keep track of this sort of thing. Characters just do what the writer wants them to do and there's no one that goes 'Wait... That doesn't sound right."

My favorite example: Discord can do whatever he wants, and Celestia can't do anything about it. Then Celestia casts a spell on the Elements to keep Discord from messing with them, and he can't do anything about it.

That's why I'm starting to think magic operates on rock-paper-scissors logic.

That's why I'm starting to think magic operates on rock-paper-scissors logic.

Hehe. Well, that would actually be interesting. It would give an interesting strategic element to the whole thing. And would make sense (oh... The enemy is coming with horses? Lets form a wall of spears). But every time we see a magic fight in the cartoon it looks like that both characters are basically doing the magic equivalent of using swords like clubs.

This is another thing that pisses me off in this cartoon. I'm tired of seeing crystals, magic lasers and bubble shields. I'll stop here before I start ripping last episode apart... I'm really not in the mood right now.

Pinkie

She doesn't always win fights, but she's not consistent. You do get the idea however that if some villain did actually kill her, lock her in a box, firebomb the box, scoop up the ashes and throw them into a volcano. They'd turn around and she would be standing next to them looking down into the volcano like "well that wasn't very nice" *slightly annoyed Pinkie face*

• Brohoof 1

He still had the power to do whatever he wanted, just not to the elements.

Hehe. Well, that would actually be interesting. It would give an interesting strategic element to the whole thing. And would make sense (oh... The enemy is coming with horses? Lets form a wall of spears). But every time we see a magic fight in the cartoon it looks like that both characters are basically doing the magic equivalent of using swords like clubs.

This is another thing that pisses me off in this cartoon. I'm tired of seeing crystals, magic lasers and bubble shields. I'll stop here before I start ripping last episode apart... I'm really not in the mood right now.

Now you just sound whiny, be happy we get fights and not season finales like

"Oh no, RAINBOW LOST THE CAKE AND NOW THE PARTY IS RUINED, we must get it back!!"

The missing cake pt1 and 2

I agree with you on Discord, I mean he barley looked like he was trying. I can't say much because you said all there is really to it and why he would be number one.  :)

Pinkie Pie

She simply breaks logic entirely. Discord at least does it with some explanation but Pinkie is simply a supernatural phenomena. Also try to think of a character's power in this show as that character's ability to sway the hearts of others as that seems to be why the good guys keep winning. In that regard Radiant Hope blows the competition away entirely. (btw she is from the comics, which tell much better stories than the show from my opinion) Since this is the show only we are talking about, I'll still go with Pinkie's ability to break logic.

He still had the power to do whatever he wanted, just not to the elements.

Now you just sound whiny, be happy we get fights and not season finales like

"Oh no, RAINBOW LOST THE CAKE AND NOW THE PARTY IS RUINED, we must get it back!!"

The missing cake pt1 and 2

He couldn't mess with the Elements, and that is what I'm talking about. Which is something that he could do before. I never said that Celestia completely sealed his powers, just that she somehow managed to stop him from doing something, when the usual is that Discord just gets his way with anything.

I'm glad you like those fights, but I'd rather see The Missing Cake parts 1 and 2, with some creative writer at the helm, than another dull light show for filler. If I'm going to see a fight, I'd rather see some real combat magic, fireballs and lightning bolts, magic missiles, ice shards, magical foci. Lasers and bubbles look practical but are are lazy and got boring fast and when I think of magic, I think of wonder. Pony magic got dull after a time and the only time it does something different is when the plot requires something that smells of Deus Ex Machina or plot device in general. Am I whining? Maybe. I can see why someone would think that. But the show deserves it... Maybe it's because Hasbro won't let DHX go all out (with that silly thing about Twilight not being allowed to punch Tirek in a tweet), but that is still a problem.