Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How's your memory?

Cirrus.

Most aspects of my memory range from average to poor, but there are a couple of things I'm good at. For one, I seem to have a really good memory for building layouts. As an example, I could draw you an accurate interior map of a restaurant that I went in a few times more than twenty years ago, and I vividly remember how all of my old classrooms were arranged dating back to kindergarten in 1992. Another example of this: Ask me where something was located in a specific grocery store back in 1991, and I can probably tell you where it was.

The other thing I'm good at is remembering the specific location where I bought something years ago. In the nineties, I always used to go to garage sales with my father on the weekends, and I can still remember the specific houses where I bought certain things and how the garage sales were set up at those houses.

My sister has a freakishly good long-term memory for some rather odd things. For example, she can tell you the specific date when someone threw up decades ago.

I have a strange memory pattern. I can remember as far back to when I was 3 years old. Mainly things such as watching movies, buying toys, watching TV shows (you know fun things). But when I'm say told something or told to do something I forget almost instantly and need to be reminded. 

Its.. meh. I try to improve it, but otherwise I just remember useless facts and objects. People's names are nooooooooooooooooope

Edited by Cutitenz

I'll remember unimportant things but generally forget anything that's even somewhat important. I'm also the kind of person who regularly forgets what they're saying literally mid-conversation.

I cant forget useless facts and storys, but appointments and names are terrible. I never remember anyones name and then it get akward because I dont want to ask.

But school subjects like geology and historie are really easy for me, as long as i find it interesting :)

I have 12 gigabytes of DDR3.

As a less-important note, my memory is pretty terrible. I think of my brain as something like an iceberg in the antarctic, and on this iceberg there are penguins. Each penguin contains a memory. Sometimes, the penguins jump off into the water and get eaten by sharks. Sometimes, they jump off into the water, and show up some weeks later. Sometimes they just swim away and never come back. Sometimes they get cold and die. Who knows. The point is, sometimes they're just gone, and that's how I forget things.

Every so often there is a mass migration of new penguins onto the iceberg, and they beat up the established penguins and take over, thus replacing old memories with new information. Occasionally, the adult penguins mate, and raise their young until they die off. In those cases, the offspring penguin is some other memory that is related to two previous ones, but never actually existed before. That's how memories can get distorted over time--they get mixed in with other memories, and the details get diluted.

I have a great memory... as long as it involves something I'm interested in. Like I can remember quotes, characters, moments and random bits of trivia from some of my favorite movies, books, games, ect, but if you ask me to remember anything actually useful and important, like names, dates or whatever, chances are I'll forget it. Names especially, to the point whenever I meet someone, one of the first things I do is apologize for when I inevitably forget their name.

I forget things so often I've gotten into a habit of writing notes and reminders to myself just so I can remember when I forget ten minutes later. Trick is actually remembering to set said reminder half the time...

Not great. I frequently forget important things, messages for people, instructions, etc. I forget names and faces leading to some awkward moments of realisation when bumping into people I know. Random bits of knowledge I have stored in the old memory banks are stored with quite a bit of detail though, it's weird. It would be nice if it was a but stronger though.

It's terrible. I have forgotten names of my friends that I have known for a few years and talk to almost every single day. Important instructions given to me a few minutes ago. I tend to remember faces very well, but what good is that when you can't remember someones name x3?

It bad.

I'm good at memorizing unimportant things like names of my favorite characters and a strong majority of Pokemon but have me memorize something important in my daily life and you ain't getting anything.

I also have a bad habit of forgetting my name, age, and where I live so it's nice to have others help me out with that. 

my good memory: is with anything historical or space related when i read or hear about these subjects it stays in my memory for years.

bad memory: names, age, birthday dates and sometimes I forget words which is so annoying

It's pretty good, actually. I forget things once in a while due to fatigue like an average person or for lack of a better description, a moment didn't quite cut it to my subconscious mind as important or memorable. If I focus on something, I'll get the hang of remembering it 75% of the time. On thing that really makes it acute is if I try hard enough to remember a name, given I have about a minute's time to reflect I'll catch on to it even if it's slim to none at first that I retained that info. In fact, I can't really remember a time where I failed in trying to recollect a memory.

My memory is good, but sometimes looks random. While I can remember clearly things I did when I was 4, sometimes I can't remember what I've eaten in my last dinner. I'm not good with names either.

Yesterday, I was unsure if I have took a shower, 15 minutes after I have done it.  :muffins: 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I remember only little Things. Like, that one time i was running against a Pipe and lose a part of my teeth.

Or that one time, i was getting sick in a bus and had to trow up.

But i forget mostly normal things. I completely forgot everything about my first best Friend and forgot everything except the name, of my second best friend.

I dont remember my childhood that much and sometimes even forget, what Episode i was watching, thats why i like to watch everything in chronological order.

I forget many things, so i would say my memory is bad.

Edited by Rex Ruthless

If I'm paying enough attention to something that I know it's important, and/or if that at least interests me to some extent, I'll remember it. Otherwise, my brain just deletes everything a few hours later. That used to happen quite frequently in school, to be honest. :v

I guess I'm good with remembering faces. I have clear memories of my childhood friends that I never saw again, but don't remember their names quite as well. It really depends on a lot of factors, though. For instance, I somehow managed to memorize the name of the original 151 Pokemon but I can't seem to be able to point out where the hell is Sodium on the periodic table.  :blink:

I tend to forget passwords every time, too. I have to keep notes of all of my accounts somewhere safe.

After 10 days in coma I lost 20 years of memory, but re discovered memories from my earliest childhood.

Today I know faces, but cannot for the life of me put a name or any other thing to them, but I can remember things way back as a very young child. Since I now live in a different country to which I was born in it makes life a little hard at times.

Terrible. Constantly forget names, faces, dates, birthdays, you name it. I've even had to calculate my own age on occasion :wacko:

Heck, I'd probably forget my birthday too if I wasn't constantly using it on so many forms and such. Guess my brain just doesn't file most of that stuff as "important to remember" and it just slips away.