Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How's your memory?

Cirrus.

My long term memory is pretty good.    I remember many things from years ago when I was a young child.  I even remember instances of waking up in my crib and getting my diaper changed.

Short term memory though is lacking for lack of a better word lol. 

My long term memory is fantastic; I can remember every detail of my younger days. But my short term is non-existent. Something happened a few years ago and fried my short-term, so now it’s really hard to commit anything to the memory banks. I’m not very good at remembering names, numbers or instructions that go beyond one or two simple steps. In some ways I don’t mind because there are some things I don’t really want to remember, but when I do want to remember something, yeah, it’s…wait, what was I just talking about? Where did I put those dang Post-It notes? :worry:

• Brohoof 1

My long term memory is excellent. I can remember everything when I was young except when I was a baby. My short term memory is kinda bad, sometimes I can't remember instructions or or steps that are simple. Sometimes I think of something and I forget it. Wait, what was I talking about again? 

My memory's really REALLY finicky, like, I don't even remember going to school when I was younger.  There's whole blocks of my memory that seem to be cut out. 

Yet at the same time my brain's like "Ay yo, want to remember that one crazy neighbour when you lived in that one house when you were 7?  The one who'd constantly have to replace their garage door because they would always shoot a hole in it come New Year's?"

Me: No thanks but I'm probably going to remember it anyways, right?:unamused:

Brain: Of course, dude, of courseeeee...  Oh yeah, everything your grandma ever said to you but you've blocked out until this point in time is going to come rushing at you at the same time!!  Have fun~!!!! :wub:

My brain remembers the most random things about people but I can't even remember their names.  It took me two YEARS to remember the names of my landlords...  TWO.  YEARS.  Yet I could easily remember my old landlord's name from when I last lived with my mom, like wtf?????  My mom always said that I simply wasn't paying enough attention to things but even when I do, I tend to forget lol...

• 1 month later...

My memory is great. I can remember dates that events happened on and I can tell what day it happened on. I can also tell what dates will be on which days in the coming months. Although my grandma sometimes worries that my memory is bad because I sometimes forget certain things like when I say my night prayers and didn't remember I said it. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can remember Halloween’s up to 3 years before.

I can remember horrible times in school

i can remember almost everyone’s favorite color

i HAVE a crazy number of dogs breeds  memorized 

i remember when i made my first and best friend while i showed him the sonic rain boom clip from mlp. Lol i made 2 friends that way like it is seriously a powerful force.

i remember the timei got my first dog and the time he passed away

i remember when i adopted my second dog and he ran to me and gave me kisses 

i remember most of my birthdays from 13 and on

i remember the times my sister and brother were born

I remember when my Best friend introduced me to Doctor Who 

I remember telling my mom i thought i was bisexual only for her to make me realize it was stress and my mind playing tricks on me XD 

And somehow I can’t remember to wake up on time

My memory is...strange. I can remember extremely obscure things, but I'll forget something that's staring me right in the face.

Edited by Cash_In

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2020 at 3:42 PM, Cagey said:

My memory is okay. Memorization isn’t easy, but things like people I knew from long ago, full names, eye colors, birthdays, specific conversations, and things I’ve seen and done are pretty easy for me. 

My grandma used to tell me to write everything down. “You think you’re never in a million years going to forget it, but you do.” Everyone always told her to write a book. 

• 2 years later...

I'm TERRIBLE at remembering names, I have to see your name a lot or interact with you often to connect your name with you. I also forget some short-term tasks if I'm not really paying attention.

However, if I happen to be paying attention and it's repeated to me multiple times then I will definitely remember (may or may not be long-term, it depends). Or, it has to stand out as something interesting or odd for me to remember. :twi:

Same with reading, I have to be paying attention and re-reading it often to memorize it.

Getting worse, really...

I can remember minute details from a television commercial that I watched when I was much younger, but sometimes remembering simple things from a few moments ago gives me trouble.

Yes. No. Maybe? Can you repeat the question? 

On 2023-05-15 at 5:35 AM, Trot Shuffle said:

I'm TERRIBLE at remembering names, I have to see your name a lot or interact with you often to connect your name with you. I also forget some short-term tasks if I'm not really paying attention.

However, if I happen to be paying attention and it's repeated to me multiple times then I will definitely remember (may or may not be long-term, it depends). Or, it has to stand out as something interesting or odd for me to remember. :twi:

Same with reading, I have to be paying attention and re-reading it often to memorize it.

this basically me lmao