Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What is your favorite all time movie?

countryman

The Shawshank Redemption (1994). The most moving film I've ever seen with great performances from everybody (Especially from Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman), excellent pacing (It was actually Frank Darabont's first film as a director BTW), a powerful story from the mind of Stephen King, gorgeous cinematography by Roger Deakins, a beautiful score by Thomas Newman, one of the most underrated villains in movies with Warden Norton, and one of the best ending to any film. 

51k1hR9iNsL._AC_SY450_.jpg

I have 3 other films that come close to being my favorite.

Raiders Of The Lost Ark (1981)- Whenever you think adventure films, there's a reason why the first franchise that comes to mind is Indiana Jones. I love Temple Of Doom and Last Crusade as well (Forget about Crystal Skull), but what Steven Spielberg and George Lucas were able to do with Raiders is just jaw dropping. They cast Indy perfectly with Harrison Ford (I even prefer him as Indy over Han Solo). The opening scene alone with Indy and Alfred Molina is cinematic perfection. So many great lines (Why'd it have to be snakes?) and maybe THE best chase scene in film history with the truck.

Predator (1987)- When we think of the original Predator, we remember it as this awesome action movies with all the classic one liners (I ain't got time to bleed) and all that's great. But director John Mctiernan (We directed Die Hard the year after BTW) made it more than just another 80's action movie. He also made it a tense sci fi thriller with all killer no filler direction, one of the better Arnold performances, one of the best alien creature designs of all time, and of course the greatest handshake in history between Dutch and Dillon.

Whiplash (2014)- The most recent addition to the list and the best film of 2014. Damien Chazelle directs this film in such a way that you feel like you're watching this intense action thriller while telling a story about a very abusive teacher and the student doing his best and more to impress him. J.K. Simmons deservingly won several awards for his performance, but don't forget about Miles Teller. Phenomenal editing as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Mini said:

that one with tom hanks and he runs around or something

Coronagump

Spoiler

Too soon? ... Yea Too soon

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Motherfucking Soul. I don't think there's a movie that speaks to me more deeply than this one. I listen to "Epiphany" on the regular. It's a movie that's really helped me appreciate my life all the more, even as I fight the symptoms of depression that have been crowding my mind recently. Luca is also a movie I feel a strong personal attachment to

• Brohoof 1

On 2020-01-21 at 10:27 AM, TBD said:

As everyone probably know this already....Harry Potter (1-8)/Fantastic beasts (1-2).  Yep nothing can beat it. On the other hand, Joker (2019), Ocean eleven, and Star Wars :revenge of the Sith would be my extra all time favorite movies. 

I would now like to add Batman (2022). Damn what a movie. Genius. Also forgot to add "Get Out" and "Split" for a modern thriller movie, these one is fresh yet feel classic. 

LOTR: The fellowship of the ring. It is not even a question. That movie makes my heart soar. There is a lot of occultism and occult messages as it happens with most productions from the real magicians of your reality in hollywood. But I still love that movie. Fellowship is magic.