Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Following the Dream

Fallen Valkyrie

"We did not send anny letters." Jacky said with calm voice,as fireball around our 'heroes' decapired.Jacky contineu with a smaile on her face "But any how,you will probably work." Jacky looked at the pony who was ready to destory there boat,and with it there onli way of geting to Deverol.Jacky looked at him for couple of moment and then returned her gaze back at onli pony thet was rational - Clover. "So how you and your partners like to be paid?In gold now or would you like to be paid onces we find artifacts?" 

After the menacing flames slowly diminished, Clover sighed silently in relief and soon regained her composure. She then tilted her head at Jacky's following issue.

"Um... Paid?" She asked. She knew beforehand that the journey was most likely going to bring fortune through the artifacts found along the way, but the fact that the team was going to receive a payment in advance caught her by surprise. Nevertheless, that was only one of the countless doubts that sprouted in her mind from that abrupt encounter.

"H-Hold on a second! Let me be the one asking the questions here for a minute: What do you mean you didn't send any letters? Are you saying you were not the one that put up all those flyers around Equestria? But... you're Wolfhound's Captain, aren't you? And also, what's up with that freaky lantern you're holding up? We're in broad day light!" Clover machine-gunned her questions without mercy.

@Lume WMJ

Jacky started with a small grin on her face "You dont need to know answer to lot of thos questions." Jacky made couple of steps towered Clover. And now thet she was in front of her,she had to raise her gaze a litle so she would look this question ansking pony right in the eyes "All you need to know is thet we will be your guide. We do hope thet answer to some of your question's." Then Jacky lowered her gaze at the flore under our heroes and contineued to speak " We all got some secrets right?Whay dont we just say he is one of may." And momemt she finished she onces again returned her gaze back at the Clover " So as I see there are no more questions,how would you like to get paid?"

Clover scratched her head a few times while displaying a frown. Being honest with herself, she somewhat expected to encounter such an odd, uncanny situation like that from following the flyer's instructions, considering how little information was provided. At the same time, however, she didn't quite imagine that their contact would be so difficult to deal with. She didn't want to find out what that mare who called herself - or themselves - Jacky was capable of doing had Clover pushed her further with that assertive interrogation. For the time being, she decided to just play along, and ask for the opinion of the rest of the group.

"Um... Professor? Breezy?" She called out to them. "What do you guys think? Jack-o here wants to pay us..."

Indus had been quiet, listening carefully to this Jack's proposal. It seemed that she - or they, as Jack insisted - was after the same thing they were, and was planning to pay them.

"Hm," he hummed, mulling it over in his head a bit before deciding, "Very well, let's talk terms."

He tossed the orb of water over the side again, letting it splash harmlessly into the sea.

Edited by Unicorncob

when the flames where gone, summer landed on the boat, next to the others. she was still a bit shaky and she wondered how the others managed to stay so calm while they were in the middle of the flames, even for a unicorn it must be kind of scary to be surrounded by fire.

summer was also a bit confused by the pony talking to them, always saying 'we' instead of 'I' but it didn't look like there was somepony else. unless the other was invisible of course. but the way Jacky was talking suggested that the other thing was the lanternbut summer decided not to say anything about it, it could anger Jacky and she could do the flame trick again.

Um... Professor? Breezy?" She called out to them. "What do you guys think? Jack-o here wants to pay us..."

'I don't really need gold or anything, but everything you decide is fine by me' summer said to answer clovers question. summer was not interested in gold, she didn't need it because she was happy with what she already had but if they found cool stuff in Deverol it would be nice to take some of it home

Edited by Summer Breeze

"Hm," he hummed, mulling it over in his head a bit before deciding, "Very well, let's talk terms."

'I don't really need gold or anything, but everything you decide is fine by me'

Clover brought a hoof to her chin and carefully, silently considered Jacky's offer. After listening to what the other's opinions on the matter were, she felt the liberty to express her own at last - after all, at the end of the day, making business was one of her favorite things to do. The beige mare, once more, levitated her glasses off and gently wiped them with a soft piece of cloth, before putting them back on.

@

"So, um... Jack-o." She began. "While we sincerely appreciate your disposal to pay us beforehand, I do believe that this specific issue was not properly addressed in the flyers that announced the expedition - the ones we had access to. Therefore, from a practical point of view, this payment you speak of might possibly bring a certain disadvantage to one side or the other, considering that our investigation may eventually not yield any sort of fortune, or our service as the Wolfhound's crew may not prove satisfactory by your standards. However, if the hidden treasures and valuable artifacts of Deverol are proven to be real and attainable by the end of our expedition, my colleagues and I will gladly accept our respective payments then. Assuming you and your, uh... lantern, can make use of the same share, I was initially considering the rights to 25% equal benefits to each of us four, that, of course, is susceptible to change. What do you say?" She ended, holding out a hoof to seal the deal.

During her explanation, Clover seemed to speak more eloquently than normal, and her voice and accent noticeably changed, almost as if she had rehearsed a speech.

tl;dr: "Pay us later, we'll split the cash equally between us when the adventure ends. What do you say?"

@Lume WMJ

"Thet would be great." At this moment Jacky turned around and start walking away to the other side of the boat - to the place from were she could start driveing Wolfhound.As Jacky was walking away true the grin on her face she said "We like ponys like you.Work for noting.You are dream of evry employer."

Indus curled his upper lip at Jacky's words, thinking that it seemed she thought Clover was not asking for payment.

"Nopony does something for nothing," He added, his voice still level and non-threatening, "Our payment can come when the job is done, and not a second later."

"And until the job is in progress,you are working for free.Or is our math incorrect?" Jacky said to the Indus,as a litle spark flyed out of her lantern.It was like thet lantern was laughing,but it was probably just Jacky using litle bit of her magic to make thet happen.

Clover became mildly annoyed when Jacky left the scene without shaking hooves on the agreement. In that situation, she could only hope that their deal wouldn't be broken, and that they would be able to work together until the conclusion of their journey. She was more concerned about the latter, since up until that point, the lantern mare had shown herself to be quite difficult to deal with. Clover then proceeded to step onto the ship's deck and soon found a place to sit and relax.

"And until the job is in progress,you are working for free.Or is our math incorrect?"

"The Professor is right, Jack-o. You better not think of us as your slaves or anything like that... If you want us to help you, you have to do something for us in exchange." She said, giving Jacky a cold, stern look. "Otherwise, it's either tricks, or treats." Then she giggled.

And with this our litle tomb raider team was off to there frst adventure, to there frst legend. Wolfhound, the boat our heroes were on, started to fly tru the sea, like a bird fly true the air.And slow but steady Wolfhound glaided to the sun set.

Couple of days have passed,and our litle tomb raiders did not seen anny island from a moment they lest seen Equestria.But today,with the frst light of dawn there on farr north horizont was land, the land full of mistery and tresure, land full of hope and dreams, land thet was called Deverol...

"Dont you find it magical?" Jacky asked our litle tomb raiders,as she walked closer to them - at the deck of Wolfhound. "We should be in a port of Dawiren some time later today." Next to Jacky was still her lantern, and same as previus days she was carying thet lantern evry were she walked, not droping it for a single moment down.

@, @@Summer Breeze, @@Unicorncob

When she heard their Captain speaking, Clover had just woken up from a reinvigorating, well-spent night of sleep. She rubbed her eyes, exhaled a lengthy yawn and stretched out her limbs, before arriving at the deck where Jacky was. "I guess 'magical' really is the right word... I thought we would never see land again." She said, still somewhat dozy.

It had been a long trip, but it seemed like they had finally arrived at their destination. Clover walked closer towards the ship's prow from where she could get a better view of the mysterious Deverol. The first word that came to her mind upon seeing the island was 'exotic'. She wondered just how much of it had been already charted, and how much of it was yet to be explored. The feeling of adventure was quite unfamiliar to the gambling mare, given how much she was used to the life in the city. Getting appropriately excited, she couldn't help but to smile.

"...I am starving." She mentioned, coming back to her senses. "Anypony else?"

Indus had spent the better part of the voyage in his cabin on the Wolfhound, keeping a log of the expedition so far. Aside from meeting his fellow explorers and the eccentric captain, not much had happened so far. Just a few days of sailing.

He too had emerged onto the deck from the captain's call, and came to see the island of Deverol creeping in from the horizon.

About time, he thought.

He looked over to Clover, and gave a single, polite nod. "I could eat something as well, yes."

"We wont be in a port for couple of hours more,so if you find something on this boat thet is eatable....well eat it." Jacky said to the two ponys thet said they are hungry.Jacky was also litle hungry but she did not want to say it out loud to out tomb raiders,after all what captain would she be if she stoped closing in the port just to eat.

summers boat travel had been rather boring, she had flown around but she couldn't go to far because she didn't want to lose the boat. on the morning the captain said they where allmost there summer had woken up early and she had already been staring at the thing in the distance that looked like Deverol. summer looked at it again when clover and professor also came on the deck. 'can't wait until i actually set a hoove in Deverol' summer said to nopony in particular. now she could see it, she started to get impatient. she really wanted to be there already! she wanted to feel real ground under her hooves, she had seen enough sea and every time she stood on the deck for to long she got nauseous. she started to miss the smell of the forest and the feeling of green grass. but she was mainly curious about all the adventures and secrets Deverol had for them.

"...I am starving." She mentioned, coming back to her senses. "Anypony else?"

He looked over to Clover, and gave a single, polite nod. "I could eat something as well, yes."

'I could bake pancakes' summer said to the others. summer really liked cooking and baking. she had learned it from her granny and she could spend hours in the kitchen trying out new recepies. 'I hope you are not to hungry to wait an other 15 minutes untill breakfast' summer added and smiled to her friends. they all did their own thing the last few days and she hadn't seen them to much even tough the boat was quite small. mainly because summer tryd to avoid captain as much as possible, you never knew if she would do her fire trick again. but now that their adventure was about to start summer wanted to be all together.

'I could bake pancakes' summer said to the others. summer really liked cooking and baking. she had learned it from her granny and she could spend hours in the kitchen trying out new recepies. 'I hope you are not to hungry to wait an other 15 minutes untill breakfast' summer added and smiled to her friends.

"Sounds good to me!" Clover said, giving Summer Breeze a wholehearted smile and a nod expressing gratitude. Pancakes really did sound like a delicious way to start the day - anything other than the canned tuna she had been consuming ever since setting off from Oturna would most definitely be pleasing to her stomach. Furthermore, she was also a bit curious as to how good of a cook Summer Breeze was. As for herself, fried eggs was by far the best trick she could pull off.

She went over to the main cabin's dining table and patiently awaited their meal.

"So, what have you guys been up to these last few days? Getting ready for our little expedition?"

'I could bake pancakes' summer said to the others. summer really liked cooking and baking. she had learned it from her granny and she could spend hours in the kitchen trying out new recepies. 'I hope you are not to hungry to wait an other 15 minutes untill breakfast' summer added and smiled to her friends.

Indus gave a single nod to Summer. "If you wish."

He was a decent cook himself, but was only limited to basic dishes. And he was a firm believer of letting somepony let their skill shine, so he had no problem letting Summer cook.

He took a seat at the table with Clover. "I have been documenting our voyage. As you can imagine, there is not much to say so far."

• Brohoof 1

summer walked to the main cabin with the proffessor and clover and started her search for the ingredients. she opened all the cupboard and soon she found what she needed to make the pancakes. then summer searched in her saddlebag for a little can 'it's cinamon' she explained to the others when she sprinkled it over the pancakes. summer always brought her favorite flavours when she went on a journey and cinamon was one of her most favorites, it made everything taste better in her opinion.

after exactly 14 minutes summer brought a damping plate with pancakes to the table. 'I made normal pancakes and cinamon pancakes, enjoy' summer said to the others with a smile.

"So, what have you guys been up to these last few days? Getting ready for our little expedition?"
'not much' summer said to clover when she grabbed a pancake 'I've flown around the ship to see if there where some interesting sea creatures to see, but I haven't seen any' summer told the others and then took a bite of her cinamon pancake. they tasted really good, even though she didn't have fresh ingredients to put on it.

"I have been documenting our voyage. As you can imagine, there is not much to say so far."

"Documenting, huh?... Well, that does sound like a great idea. As far as we know, we could be making history here." Clover said, showing a few traces of enthusiasm. "That's also just what I'd expect from you, Professor. Good thinking." Then she smiled. Not too long after that, Summer Breeze came back with a plate full of pancakes and laid them on the table.

'not much' summer said to clover when she grabbed a pancake 'I've flown around the ship to see if there where some interesting sea creatures to see, but I haven't seen any

"I see..." She said, thoughtful, whilst levitating a pancake for herself. "That could be really helpful during the exploration. You know; flying around. Celestia knows what awaits us in that island, so I'm counting on you to give us the bird's-eye view of the situation." She then took a bite out of the breakfast meal and was immediately taken aback. "Mmm!..." She mumbled while still chewing, politely covering her mouth with a hoof, as to signal that she had something important to say. "Ten out of ten." She concluded after swallowing.

@ 

"Hey Jack-o, don't you wanna try some? I'm sure there's enough for everypony." She called out to their captain. Even though Jacky had that permanent eerie aura surrounding her, Clover didn't want her to feel left out. After all, they were part of the same crew for the time being.

@@Lume WMj

"We are not eating on a job." Jacky said back to Clover.After Jacky was finished talking,she gave Jacky one small smaile - as if to say not to ask her again. After thet small and quick smaile, Jacky turned around and walked aways from out tomb raiders. Jacky was not so friendly pony on frst look, not even on second - she was like this because to Jacky frst comes job then evrything els.

"Documenting, huh?... Well, that does sound like a great idea. As far as we know, we could be making history here." Clover said, showing a few traces of enthusiasm. "That's also just what I'd expect from you, Professor. Good thinking." Then she smiled. Not too long after that, Summer Breeze came back with a plate full of pancakes and laid them on the table.

Indus smiled, just a little, at Clover's praise. It was always good to hear his efforts were being appreciated. "I agree, I want every moment of this expedition recorded, so that others may see what we will accomplish in the near future."

He used his magic to lift a pancake and cut a piece with a knife and fork, politely placing it in his mouth.

Moments later,the might ship of Wolfhoud, reached its target - sea port of Dawiren.Jacky lowered wooden plank and, without anny warning to our tomb raider team about them geting in the port of Dawiren, walked over thet plank and exited the ship so she could do mandatory port chek up.

If our tomb raiders would have to folow Jacky over thet wooden plank they would see port part of Dawiren.And unlike the lest port they seen, when they started there adventure, this one had lot more ponys around the port walking, and some of them were in full armor for some reson. In port, around the Wolfhoud, were lot of battle ships with Equestria flag on top of them. There were couple of shops thet selled, as the sign said, part of Equestria - and they were selling food and some home made stuf thet were probably made back in homeland.

"I agree, I want every moment of this expedition recorded, so that others may see what we will accomplish in the near future."
'you make it sound like we will be famous or something' summer giggled in reaction to profs seriousness, for her this whole expedition was one big adventure and just for fun. but then she turned more serious because she knew prof wasn't joking and she didn't want to annoy her teammates before the adventure had started 'you can put in your record that there was nothing interesting to see in or above the water' she added and tryd to be serious.

then the boat arrived at the deck 'look!' summer said a bit to loud 'we are here!!' and she pointed at the town with her hoove. there where ponys around and it looked a lot like equestria. 'come on, I want to see the town' summer said to the others and stood up but then saw the last half of her pancake still on her plate so she sat down again 'after i finished my pancake ofcourse' she said with a little smile.

Indus couldn't help but let a small smirk escape at Summer's idea of becoming famous. "That's a possibility. Who knows, this expedition may be talked about for years to come. We'll have to see."

He quietly got up and walked out to the deck to take a look. Indeed, the ship was approaching what looked like a port town.

"I suppose we should get ready to depart," He told the others as he returned, then saw Summer with her pancake, "After breakfast, of course."