Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Following the Dream

Fallen Valkyrie

Her ear flickered to Summers comment."Now that was something I didn't expect to come from you Summer!" Flearia exclaimed in a supprised manner as Irra joined her on her horn. Making a purple light light up the hole."Dosn't it look like this hole is going rather deep? Don't tell me we need to climb down there! In the... mud?"

Summer looked up surprised to her friend when she apeared to be shocked by what she just said. She realised that she had done it.again and shook her head to let the dark thought go away. Together with the dark thought, the darker shade in her eyes also faded. Then summer smiled again 'Sorry, I don't know what's wrong with me today. I'm just still angry at jacky I think.' she said

Then summer let out a little laugh about flearias comment 'I never expected you to be scared to get dirty.' she said with a smile 'But don't worry, that's where being a pegasus comes in handy!' and she flapped her wings to show what she ment. 'I only need some light and then I'll fly around there a bit and inspect it. In the mean time you and prof can explorar the rest. Maybe jacky is still around here somewhere, or at least let some traces behind.' and when she had said all that she looked up as if she had just realised something. She opened her saddlebag and searched around in it a bit before getting a little lantern out. 'do you maybe have a little fire?' summer asked flearia. She was so stupid she had forgotten about her lamp, she always took it with her. It didn't give much light but enough to at least see something.

"My natural elemental is fire! Ofcourse I can make you some fi-" she was interupted in her speach as Irra jumped off her hprn and levitated away onto Summer's head instead. "Or we could do like that. You sure about that Irra? And is that ok for you Summer? Indus got our light up here covered so we'll be fine."

summer tried to look at irra when she landed on her head but ended up just looking up cross eyes without seeing much. but she could see the glow comming from the little fire spirit. 'You wanna go on a little flight? alright then! hold on tight so you won't fall off. or, well, I don't think you can fall off but whatever.' she said to irra on her head and then she spreaded her wings and flew into the hole to inspect it.

the old cathedral lit up by the light comming from irra and summers eyes got wider when she saw the big hole in the ground 'ooooo, look at that!' she said and walked towards it. there was no grass or anything inside it yet so it had to be fairly new. 'It has to be jacky!' summer said and a dark glimmer came to her eyes. 'it looks like she burried her onw grave. we only have to find her and put her in it.' she said with an evil smile.

Indus walked over to the hole in the ground, using the glow in his horn to inspect it. "Hm, no moss or grass... I'd wager it was dug recently." He ran a hoof along the edge, scraping up some dirt. "I'd wager a few hours at least, a day or two at the most. Well spotted, Miss Breeze. Though, I would never expect you to come out with such a dark comment, but I cannot fault you for it."

"My natural elemental is fire! Ofcourse I can make you some fi-" she was interupted in her speach as Irra jumped off her hprn and levitated away onto Summer's head instead. "Or we could do like that. You sure about that Irra? And is that ok for you Summer? Indus got our light up here covered so we'll be fine."

He nodded, and kept his horn glowing to illuminate the rim of the hole. "Miss Dragondanser and I shall travel together. Our magic combined should keep the pit well illuminated for us to travel safely."

As Indus commented, Flearia nodded, "Ay. That sounds more like something coming from me when I'm agitated." an uneasy smile come on her mussle as Summer flew down the hole to scout it out, tough as she did have Irra with her, She didn't freth as she would know if something happend given her telepatic link with her companion.

"Miss Dragondanser and I shall travel together. Our magic combined should keep the pit well illuminated for us to travel safely."

"Godess NO! You seriusly are going to drag me down there  in the mud are you Indus?" Flearia whimpered as she followed Indus down the muddy hole. whining to herself.

Summer circled down the hole guided by irras light, folowing the walls and going deeper and deeper. All this flying in circles made summer a bit dizzy so she had to take a little breake. She looked down and realised that she couldn't see the bottom. 'How deep is this thing really?!' summer said to herself and irra.

She decided to stop going down slowly and flew straight down instead. She almost hit the botom of then hole because she didn't see it comming. She panted a bit but then smiled and looked up. 'this thing is huge!' she said and wondered how jacky ever made this thing.

Then summer decided to go back up to her friends. If they wanted to go down by hoof it would take a really long time. Quickly she flew back to the top of the hole, finding her friends still close to the top. She heard flearia whining and smiled a bit but quickly hid her smile. 'Hi guys. This thing is absolutely huge! Maybe there is another way to go down instead of walking because it's going to take a really long time.'

"I don't know about Indus. But I myself could teleport down there once you'v gotten to the end Summer, Given that Irra is with you so I can feel the area... I cuold probably conjure my wings... But I don't want to risk emtying most of my magic reservs to do so. No,Teleporting to Irra would be the best option for me, also I wouldn't get to dirty from the muddy tunnel."

It took all of Indus's willpower to stop him from rolling his eyes at Flearia's complaints. Though, truth be told, he was not fond of the moist dirt getting on his hooves. And he was a little surprised to hear her use his first name.

"It shouldn't take too long, Miss Dragondanser," He assured her, "Hopefully."

He watched as Summer reunited with the two, and nodded agreement. "Yes, but charging headlong into the darkness would not be a wise idea. Allow me to try something."

With a glow of his horn, a navy blue platform emerged before him, large enough for two ponies. He stepped on, and awaited Flearia.

"Miss Dragondanser, can you provide us with a light?"

(edited)

When Indus had conjured up the navy blue platform, Flearia moved closer to it with an interested smile. "Arcane matter turned with shaping magic untill the point of solidity?" She said as she poked the platform with her hoof, seeing a light zapp coming from the area. "And your able to lift it wit yourself on it but are you sure it'll hold me too? without draining most of your reservs?" She gave Indus a questioning look before she conjured up a small flame, then enveloping it in ice untill a new matter was made. An ice blue fire that shone bright. "This'll light it up for you. I'll teleport down once Summer is there with Irra. We don't know what we'll find down there and how much magic reserves we can casualy trow away"

Edited by Flearia Dragondanser

Indus looked at Flearia as she recited the spell the professor had just cast. Obviously, she had been paying attention in her classes.

"Precisely," he nodded, and gave her an assuring look, "I can carry the both of us easily, not to worry."

He watched as the crystallised light took shape, and nodded. "I can take you with me. It will save you waiting up there, in the ruined cathedral, alone. However, if that is what you prefer..."

Summer listened when Flearia and proff discussed the best way to go down. She knew flearia wasn't going to go with proff, Summer had noticed that she always wanted to use her own magic. 'Well, I'll see you guys at the bottom.' She said and then dived down into the hole again. This time she stopped right no time and didn't get a near accident again. 'Now we only have to wait for our friends to get down here.' Summer said to Irra. She wanted to go expore it a bit but decided to wait here, in the light and with an escape rout if that was needed. I hope we don't need to go explore caves or something she thought and shivered.

(edited)

"Thanks Indus, But i'll wait untill Summer is down there and then teleport to Irra." She said to Indus and looked as Summer took a turn down the hole. After waiting and feeling out that Summer had stopped and gotten as far as she feelt she had done before. Flearia lit her horn and with a purple glow she teleported a slight bit to the left of where she could feel Irra being.

"As you wish, then," Indus nodded, and crouched down as the magical platform lowered down into the pit. A speck of Irra's natural glow was soon visible, and a flash of purple advertised Flearia's arrival with Summer.

It didn't take long for the stallion to arrive with his companions, and he touched down on the ground before dispersing the platform.

"Now, I believe this tunnel goes only one way," he assumed, looking side to side, though his vision was impaired by the darkness and only the glow of the fire spirit provided any light.

After evryone from our heroes were on the bottom of this deep pit they could see they were in one old hallway thet lead onli forwered into the deeper and darker darkness.

Hallway from both side was made from bricks thet looked much older then then catherdral thet was stending on ground, now more then 500 metares above our tomb raider heads.

Summer smiled when her friend all were down. She didn't like being here, alone, in the dark, a half a kilometer under the ground. She stared into the tunnel and swolowed. 'do we really have to go there?' She asked to nopony in particulair. The fact that it was a tunnel made it all even worse and it made the darkness look even darker and the walls look even closer towards eachother.

Summer got out her lantern again. 'Hey, flearia, could I maybe have some fire now?' she asked, showing her her lantern. She knew the other two had light too but the last thing summer wanted was to get lost in the dark and not have her own light with her.

As soon as Flearia had teleported to the bottom of the hole she was quickly assaulted by her companion, lounging herself onto her horn. "Whaa! You missd me already you lill troublemaker!" she giggled out as she smiled.

Summer had looked deeper into the tunnel amd asked if they really had to go into it. "Ay, that is the only way that this tunnel goes. Back up or deeper inside. Attleast it isn't as muddy forward as it is the tunnel up." she also picked up Summer's lantern and at tge same time she levitated a piece of paper from her bag. Lighting it on fire and coated ot woth ice. Making the same procedure as she had done for Imdus. Tough this time with a source of it's own. "There you go, ETF. Eteranal Fire Ice. It'll give you light and not burn you or burn out. If I don't lose councious or my magic runs out that is." Flearia explaimed as she levitated the now lith lantern to Summer. "Let's cpntinue serching this place then!"

Indus watched as Flearia froze the fire, creating some kind of ice lantern. He remembered this technique from before, and it still impressed him. Freezing fire was something thought scientifically impossible.

"You've been practising your magic well, Miss Dragondanser," he complimented the younger mare, and allowed Summer to take the lead if she wished.

Summer looked interested st her lantern when flearia put a frozen flame in it. 'thanks.' She said and hung the lantern on her saddlebags so she wouldn't have to cary it but it would also shine it's light in the tunnel.

Then she turned around and noticed proff looking at her like he expected her to take the lead. Her eyes widened a bit 'no way.' Summer said to him 'I'm not going in front into this dark, scary, small tunnel.' And she shook her head.

Indus listened to Summer's refusal to lead the way, and looked toward the dark tunnel. It only made sense - nopony knew what was down here, or if there was anything to hide in the shadows.

"Fair enough," he nodded, and his horn glowed with a soft blue light to act as his own lantern of sorts, "I'll lead on. Let me know if you see or hear anything."

He began walking toward the darkness, his eyes, ears and mind ready to react should he need to.

summer nodded and smiled a bit when proff took the lead. then she took a deep breath and folowed him into the darkness, looking up once more to catch a last glimps of the world outside she could see through the hole. 'It'll be fine' she muttered to herself in an attempt to calm herself down. It wasn't really succesfull, her heart was pounding in her chest as she tried not to freak out while she felt the walls moving closer but at least she managed to keep walking and not fly back inmediately.

As they contineu to walk true this old and dark hallway,they soon seen two murals, each one on a diferent side of a hallway. Both murals looked prety old, and because of there age the parts of the images were dameged by time.

The frst mural, thet was on west wall, had drawings of two creatures. One was stending on four legs and was most similar to look of a pony liked creature, the other creature was stending on just its two back legs, and was looking like it was an Diamond dogs. Both creature were stending one next to the other, with wepons close to them. And were looking in front of them, at an dark as night blob. 

The second mural, thet was on east wall had a drawing of the same two creature, but this time without anny wepon. Stending on a small green hill and around them creatures, small and large, looking up at them, and they looking at each oder.

If our heres were to walk for litle more they would find two more murals, again one on east side and one on west side. And right after them an big white double dore, it side was almost five time the size of a normal pony in hight, and four times in wight.

This time, this two murals were simple. On west side was the frst creature, one thet was stending on its four legs, in a beautifull greyish armor and skin made out of clear night sky. And it was carying an wepon, an long spear.

On east side was the other creature, the one thet was stending on onli two legs. And same as other creature it was carying an beautfull greyish armor and its skin was also made out of clear night sky. And onces again it was carying an long spear as a wepon.

As Indus walked along, the blue glow of his horn brought the murals on the walls to his attention. Curious, he walked over to the left wall to inspect it.

"Hm... intriguing..."

He walked over to the other wall to look at the second mural.

"A pony and a diamond dog encountering something," he deduced, "and later on, peace."

He looked at the two mares with him. "What do you ladies make of this?"

Summer still walked behind proff when he went to inspect the mural on the wall. 'What is that?' she asked 'I mean, I see that they are like little drawings but what do they mean? Why are there a pony and a diamond dog and why are they looking at this weird blob thing??' She pointed at the blob thing on the mural. She really wondered what it could be. And were the diamond dog and the pony batteling against it? Was it dangerous?

Now she was curious and she walked a bit further, still carefull and lead by the light of her lantern. She found two other murals 'look guys, more of those drawing thingys!' she said and pointed at them.

(edited)

Carefully placing one hoof in front of the other, Flearia trotted behind Indus and Summer while looking at the floor, once she heard Indus and Summer talk about that there was some sort of drawings on the walls she looked up and saw them. Quickly pulling out her phenix quill and a notepad she started to write down what she saw. Tough, what she saw was something else.

Two creatures that looked like a pony and a diamond dog, ready to fight what looked like a dark blob, dark as night.

'What do you say Irra? Another Spirit?'

She walked up to the others and looked on the rest. Seeing two gigantic white dubble doors, and also two other drawings that each pictured the two creatures separatly. Both in shining white and gray toned armor while their skin shone with the same collor as the dark blob had in the drawings before.

'Ay... I think so to...' she scribled down more on her papers.

"Do you two have any idea of what this could be? It looks like us that the two creatures fought this... Blob... And somehow afterwards absorbed it, and it looks like the effect took some time to... Digest. Seeing that here the two have the same collor as the... Blob... Not directly but some time after the event."

Irra looked like ahe was glued to Flearia's head. Looking smaller then before.

Flearia moved a hoof up to her head and wrapped Irra in with her hoof. Moving her to her chest instead where she gave her a comforting Squeeze. like a tight hug. As tight as possible being a magical element with little to non mass.

"Do you have any other theory? Summer? Indus?"

Indus walked on and inspected the next two murals, while listening to Summer and Flearia's deductions on what they all could mean.

"It certainly makes sense," he muttered, tapping his chin with a hoof, "these two somehow absorbed this creature, and caused an age of peace. But that begs the question - how did they do it? And what was this creature?"

He racked his brain for any answers, but this would be tricky. "I've never come across these murals in my studies before..."