Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Following the Dream

Fallen Valkyrie

As our adventurers walked true the city, they walked next to the job board. And if they were to slow down and look at some them, they would find thet there were onli couple of real job wanted posters, and thet there were more wanted posters. One poster was saying "Wanted dead or alive Stary. Reward 100 gold coins." other said "Wanted alive Clent. Reward 99.99 gold coins." and another one said "Wanted dead or alive." There was no name on this one, just one rough drawing of what could wery well be Flearia. Under the image was also writed with dark black colored letters "Wanted for theft of national treasure. Reward 500 gold coins. Approach with caution, suspect is extremely dangerous."

On their way to the general store our group passed the job board and Wolfcast made a quick look towards it and stopped in his tracks! He looked to the new posters on it and moved up and put a hoof above it in frustration! "Really!?" He snorted hard! "Wanted for theft of national treasure? And the reward is a measily amount of pocket change?" The words he spoke wasn't calm, nor where they angry, they where filed with great anoyance! He quickly eyed the picture. Was this close to how he looked? "Just once again proves that their laws are stupid!"

Indus stopped at the job board as he walked by it, and glanced at the wanted posters out of sheer curiosity.

The one with the crude drawing of Flearia grabbed his attention. "Theft of a national treasure? And a measly sum for... her capture?" He asked, choosing his words carefully. He gritted his teeth as he came to a conclusion. "Now I see what's happening."

He turned to Summer and Wolfcast, and murmured in a hushed voice. "Our 'friend' got us to steal this key of hers, and planned to reap the spoils while we took the fall."

His black tail lashed beneath his overcoat. "Well, two can play at this game. We still have this key, yes?"

Summer hadn't noticed the posters and almost walked past it but when the others stopped she did too and looked at the posters. She saw flearias face inbetween them and it was clear, and understandable, that he was really annoyed. "Don't worry, keep your cap over your head and they won't notice. But make sure to keep your manes covered a bit" summer said to wolfcast.

She also noticed proff saying that this had been what jacky had wanted, that they would get blamed for stealing the key, summer snorted out of frustration "what a stupid, lying pony she is. You sound like you have plan Proff, no matter what it is, I'm game. As long as we can make jacky pay for this."

A frustrated snort escaped Wolfcast's mussle at Indus comment when both him and Summer joined him at the job board. "Yea it was, she planed to give you two the blame from the start. As she said she needed the key to lock in the guardian. And by when I'v noted down that must'v been the armored pony. as for the key, it dissendigrated when you used it Indus." Wolfcast said as he checked his papers over from earlier. "This tough might be what we need!" He pulled away the wanted poster and handed it to Indus. "We need to find a guard and ask where 'this criminal' would possibly go with such a treasure. Like if we'd bee bounty hunters!"

summer got really enthausiastic from wolfcasts idea and flew a few centemeters in the air "yea! let's play bounty hunters! I can do that!" she said verry happily but then she landed again and cleared her troath "ahem, I mean, yes, good idea my obviously not wanted criminal friend." she said with a very low voice and looked really seriously and almost angry-ish at the others, like she'd expect a serious bounty hunter would do.

Indus could only let out an amused snort at Summer's reaction to the idea of being bounty hunters. No sense on raining on her parade, as long as she didn't attract undue attention.

"Well then," he began, "I propose we split up and collect information on this 'criminal'. We'll look less suspicious if we're alone."

He lifted a pocket watch out of his suit jacket with his magic and checked the time. "Shall we reconvene here at around noon?"

"Whoa there, don't we need to plan this a little more before we just split up? Like, what are we all gonna do?" summer said "I am going to follow that guard, because I want to know why he reported visiters comming into their town, maybe he'll lead me to their boss and then I can get info there" she said and suddenly she got spy vibes. This was not a job for a bounty hunter, this was a spy's job. Yea, summer was totally ready for this, even though she looked like she was fooling around she was really serious about this.

"Yea, let's split up, totaly safe and all around here with Deamon Ponys and their strange laws. Who know? Bounty hunting maybe is outlawd too?" Wolfcast said with all to noticeable sarcams in his voice. "No I do not think we should split up in this town! Let's all find a guard and ask them"

Indus rolled his eyes, tutting. "Some ponies here are bound to remember us, and seeing us with 'Wolfcast' instead of a mare might make them suspicious of us."

He took a glance back at the guard. "The last thing we want is to give the guards more reason to watch us."

Summer thought for a few seconds "hmmm... Maybe one of us can go alone and then the other two go somewhere together. It's indeed true that splitting all up is dangerous but the ponies here probably don't see three strange ponies together every day and therefor splitting up makes us less suspicious." she said. "So, which combination is the less suspicious?"

Wolfcast moved one of his hoofs up to his chin and troke his bear. "Yea, If we are to split up then I would suggest that I would go alone, you two was seen entering with Jacky before so they might not think of you in my company. Besides, it is be theire after. Sounds good or any objections?"

"Hm, yes, that works," Indus nodded in agreement to Wolfcast, "they won't recognise you, and if you're seen walking around with one of us, they might get suspicious."

He glanced toward the town square, then back to the group. "We should figure out what exactly is happening around here. Why the locals are after 'Flearia', any information regarding that armoured stallion, and where Jacky might be."

Summer nodded, proff was right. "so, who's gonna do what? if we spread the tasks then we'll be done quicklyer and the sooner we get out of here the better, we can't risk them recognising 'flearia'" She said and she glanced at the guard that was standing around. "Maybe it'd be best if wolfcast wouldn't ask too much about 'flearia' since then they might see the connection." She then suggested.

"Well, I'll take the shops, get our supplies and ask around at the same time about if they know anything about an armored stallion running trough while ypu two find a guard or two to ask."

With that Wolfcast changed page and made a quick checklist. "We'll need more food. That is first on the list. What more do we really need?"

"I suggest that Miss Breeze and I investigate the museum," Indus suggested, regarding the group's investigation, "considering there are no wanted posters of us, we'll simply come off as curious bystanders. The guard there should provide us with some information."

He turned to Wolfcast and continued. "We shouldn't outright ask about the armoured pony, or Jacky. If we're too specific, they may catch on. Keep your ears open and listen for any gossip."

Finally, he regarded their need of supplies. "We'll need some water as well, and perhaps some appropriate clothing." He lifted a generous number of bits from his pocket and hovered them to Wolfcast. "This should cover anything we need."

summer nodded "Sounds good!" she said "And could you bring cinnamon for me? I'm almost out of cinnamon and I need more to survive!" She made an over dramatic pose and put her hoof to her head. then she got up straight again and smiled like nothing happened. 

then she looked at indus "well, let's go find some guards then." she said and looked around to find one.

Summer looked around and she could see thet guard thet was reproting them entering the city was walking down the road in front of them.

If Wolfcast were to look around he would find an shop close by, by outside look of it this shop looked like a bakery.

"Getting provisions can't be to hard can it? We've got a lovly smelling bakery right here, Right Irra?" Wolfcast said to himself and looked crosseyed to his horn... "Right... She's with Summer..." he said facehoofing himself as he started to enter the bakery.

Inside he was greates with even more intense smell of bread! Letting his nose into the air to smell it he trotted up to whom he tought be the shop assistant. "Hello there, I'd like a few loafs of bread please, to last me and my two companions a couple of days, we're explorers and we kinda rund out of provisions."

Edited by Flearia Dragondanser

Indus took note of the guard approaching them from the town gate, and proposed that would be a good idea to start.

"We'll have to choose our words carefully," he whispered to Summer.

Once the guard got close, he began his questioning.

"Pardon me, good sir," he greeted the guard, then pointed to one of the wanted posters of Flearia, "forgive my curiosity, but could you tell us about the mare on that poster?"

summer nodded when proff said that they had to watch their words, which ment for her to just keep her mouth shut and not say anything at all since everything she would say was probably going to be stupid. Quitely she stood next to proff and watched the guard closely to see if she could maybe discover something out of his reactions, she also kept a close look at the surroundings in case anything would happen there. 

Baker was young stalion thet with smaile listen to Wolfcast request "Sure." He said "I need to prepare thos loaf frst, would it be a problem to wait a litle?"

Outside guard looked at Indus as he asked him a question "Thet one is a thiff. And is wery dangerus." Guard did not said much, and if Indus was to look at poster again,he would see thet guard just said same thing thet is writen on it. Guard stoped for a moment to see if this strange non-demoner wanted something more.

"Hmm no it is okey, If it takes a whie I could try find some of the rest on the list, say. Do you know where they sell a bit more apropriate clothes for the dull weather outside? Or maybe where we could get some drinking water." Wolfcast made a turn and looked around the bakery in waot for some answer, finding some spice on a shelf. Oh yea, could ya get me two cinnamon bottles too? My friend loves the stuff and sadly she almost runned out."

Outside guard looked at Indus as he asked him a question "Thet one is a thiff. And is wery dangerus." Guard did not said much, and if Indus was to look at poster again,he would see thet guard just said same thing thet is writen on it. Guard stoped for a moment to see if this strange non-demoner wanted something more.

Indus raised an eyebrow at the guard's... rather vague description. When he saw it matched what was written on the poster, he dreaded to think what exactly the educational system of these ponies was like.

"Do you have anymore information?" He tried. "Perhaps we could assist?"

"About the clothes..." Baker stared "...you got an tailor litle down the road, and about the water there is a well on east town border." After he said this he heared thet Wolfcast is asking to buy some cinnamon, to this Baker said with litle serious tone "I can sell you some, but they are wery expansive. I am selling one for 58 gold coins."

Outside, Guard listened to another question from Indus, and to this he answered litle bit annoyed "You got all informations you need for an bounty hunter." At this point guard contineued to walk in direction he was heading before this two strange bounty hunters stoped him.