Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Most-Disturbing Sound Effects In Games

Castle Bleck

The constant moaning noise of someone sick or injured in Kingdom of Amular, especially when trying to speak to an NPC.

*I should say more annoying then disturbing, although if someone overheard the noise without watching the screen I suppose it could make some people feel disturbed.

Edited by Captain Doubloon

I get pretty unnerved by background noises in some video games. Dead Space especially. One of the few horror games where I was actually tense and had a few scares.

Then that stupid regenerating necromorph happened and I stopped playing. I should probably go back and finish it.

• Brohoof 1

I'm going on the basis that disturbing can count as making me lose my focus, and my god, BEARS IN SKYRIM. HOLY LOUD.

Walkin' through the forest having a good time, and the most obnoxious, loud roar possible happens and it's just sooooo freakin annoying. I wish i could mod my skryim ( i'm on xbox) to mute bears. Oh also Nirnroots. Those are also annoying. 

• 2 years later...

The screams made by ReDeads in 'The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker'. I don't know what Nintendo were thinking when they decided to use this kind of scream but it makes me cringe every time I hear it.

There’s that one SCP game where you gotta escape the facility(I don’t remember the name,) and that real black dude that just melted through the floors makes sounds that still freak me out.

Oh and there’s that Sinistar dude. I remember playing an online version of that game and the voice acting just threw me off Becuase I didn’t know that was possible for an arcade game. 

Lastly, there is the music that plays when you encounter one of the exploding robot trains in The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. The music just doesn’t sound right.

• 4 years later...

For the most part, Crash Twinsanity is a fun, silly romp in a wacky universe with wacky characters and wacky gameplay styles. Good, clean, wholesome fun.

Then you reach the Dingodile fight, and suddenly you're in a Hostel movie

I'm fairly sure those are the moans of tortured souls in the music track!

Edited by Shadowmoth2011
  • Brohoof 1